Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
9701 - 9710 of 9710 Posts

·
Lil Glizzy
1,409 Posts
Finally got around to ordering some new coolant bypass hoses for the throttle body to the thermostat housing. been noticing a SLOW coolant leak for some time and have replaced the radiator plug and radiator hoses so far. I think the TB coolant bypass hoses is the source of the leak since that is where I can smell the strongest sweet odor of Honda coolant after a drive.

Reactions: qorax

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z EX (CVT)
310 Posts
Today the Spoon Sports front brake pads, front rotor, and rear pads were installed with some help. And the rear rotors were also replaced with R1 concepts rotors. Issues that I ran into was that the Spoon Sports front brake pads all needed to be modified/cut in order to fit into the Spoon calipers, I'm not sure why the pads were designed differently for the old Spoon calipers but oh well. Second issue was that a thinner washer for the brackets were needed to fit the pads in properly.

An issue with the Spoon rear pads was that a small metal stub needed to be filed down, it would hit the piston, not sure what purpose it had but now there is no issue for fitment on the OEM rear caliper. Other than that, everything else works fine with no issues. All I know is that Spoon Sports messed up with the pads design since they needed modification to fit properly with their own product 🤦‍♂️.

Motor vehicle Wood Font Headgear Tree
Automotive tire Vehicle brake Locking hubs Wheel Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bag

·
Lil Glizzy
1,409 Posts
Today the Spoon Sports front brake pads, front rotor, and rear pads were installed with some help. And the rear rotors were also replaced with R1 concepts rotors. Issues that I ran into was that the Spoon Sports front brake pads all needed to be modified/cut in order to fit into the Spoon calipers, I'm not sure why the pads were designed differently for the old Spoon calipers but oh well. Second issue was that a thinner washer for the brackets were needed to fit the pads in properly.

An issue with the Spoon rear pads was that a small metal stub needed to be filed down, it would hit the piston, not sure what purpose it had but now there is no issue for fitment on the OEM rear caliper. Other than that, everything else works fine with no issues. All I know is that Spoon Sports messed up with the pads design since they needed modification to fit properly with their own product 🤦‍♂️.

View attachment 68994 View attachment 68995 View attachment 68996
Did you use CRZ pads with the Spoon Calipers? I'm pretty sure those Spoon calipers require S2000 pads or RSX Type-S pads to fit properly.

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z EX (CVT)
310 Posts
Did you use CRZ pads with the Spoon Calipers? I'm pretty sure those Spoon calipers require S2000 pads or RSX Type-S pads to fit properly.
I was going to update my post earlier, I've realized that the Spoon front pads are actually for the OEM front calipers, not the Spoon mono block calipers. I assumed they made them specifically for this bigger caliper which is in fact S2000 size which I thought the Spoon ones would have been, but they weren't. The small modification that was made so far has worked. I swear I've seen Spoon S2000 size pads before, but I don't think they make them anymore?

·
Lil Glizzy
1,409 Posts
I was going to update my post earlier, I've realized that the Spoon front pads are actually for the OEM front calipers, not the Spoon mono block calipers. I assumed they made them specifically for this bigger caliper which is in fact S2000 size which I thought the Spoon ones would have been, but they weren't. The small modification that was made so far has worked. I swear I've seen Spoon S2000 size pads before, but I don't think they make them anymore?
You can pretty much put on any pad that is a parts match for an S2000. It doesn't necessarily have to be Spoon brand pads.

·
Lil Glizzy
1,409 Posts
Went to the track last night and did some runs. it was a bit chilly outside so I wasn't getting much traction from a dig. I was however able to get some ultra glorious 2 wheel burnouts. Got some major smokescreens with those burnouts.

Reactions: Eddie70

·
Registered
"Unit 01" 2016 EX CVT Purple
98 Posts
I went down a bit of a rabbit hole today...

8 am. No idea a why I'm up so early on the weekend.. Decided I didn't like my pinstripe anymore.

9:45 am. Found out who ever had this car before me either had a layer of clear coat sprayed over everything, or the dealer used the most acitic glue they could use to adhere the pinstripe. Not happy with the results, and I knew I couldn't let Unit 01 sit there looking abused.

10:15 am. Went to Harbor Freight for supplies. Aquired 2000 grit sand paper. There long throw DA polisher. Some white lithium grease. Then made a stop over at The Chemical Guys shop and got some more supplies.

10:45 am.... Stated wet sanding the pin stripe area.... What have I done!...... No going back now....

11:00 am. Polishing the entire panel, might as well, the sanding disappeared and now it want to all shiny.

7:00 pm. All but the roof and hatch have been cut, polished, then sealed. But as I did all of this on the curb because I have no garage. I didn't want to do the roof work by street lamp.

If in the future If decided to do something like this. I told my wife she can drop kick me.

Also dumb ass me only took a few photos.

Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

What have done!
Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Car

Okay, maybe this will work after all.
Daytime Water Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle

One half done... No giving up now.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

To dark to continue. Only roof, and hatch left. They can wait.

Attachments

·
Lil Glizzy
1,409 Posts
Time to start looking for a replacement shift cable. I've had difficulty going into 1st from a stop and at higher speeds from 6th to 5th. I guess my shift cable got a little bent somehow.

9701 - 9710 of 9710 Posts