Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
9661 - 9675 of 9675 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Installed TEYES CC3 Android head unit. Super happy with the upgrade and how easy it was to install.

Only minor annoyance is the mounting kit it came with was designed incorrectly for mounting for the hazard button and middle bar, which I’m planning on contacting TEYES about later tonight to see if they can send me a replacement.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Installed TEYES CC3 Android head unit. Super happy with the upgrade and how easy it was to install.

Only minor annoyance is the mounting kit it came with was designed incorrectly for mounting for the hazard button and middle bar, which I’m planning on contacting TEYES about later tonight to see if they can send me a replacement.

View attachment 68534
I've got a Seicane headunit but had to replace it already once because the audio went out on it. The replacement one lasted only 2-3 months before the audio cut out again. It's a nice headunit but I don't want to deal with the audio cutting out all the time.

Reactions: HalfBitZero

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've got a Seicane headunit but had to replace it already once because the audio went out on it. The replacement one lasted only 2-3 months before the audio cut out again. It's a nice headunit but I don't want to deal with the audio cutting out all the time.
Oh man! Glad I didn’t go the cheaper Seicane route. Hopefully this TEYES unit holds up better than Seicane.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Just dropped the car off at the shop. Should be 2-3 days and all my stuff will be done on the car. Last bits of stuff before the Dragon meet to get done. Clutch, LSD, axles and clutch line.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Rotated tires and set the air pressures. I hit something in the road a month or so back and noticed a small knot on the inside edge of the tire today. It must have also knocked the front end out of alignment because I have worn the two fronts on the edges since the last time I rotated tires. It was dark out on the interstate and I was doing about 70 MPH when I hit whatever it was. I never saw what it was I hit but I sure heard and felt it. Just noticed the knot on the inside of the tire. Lucky it hasn't blown out. New tires coming and alignment coming SOON!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Got a TPMS light last night on the way home from work. Pumped up all the tires today. Used the air pump that the PO provided in the spare tire area. Since this car loves to fight me, the switch on the pump decided to melt. Took it off and put a butt splice in it's place. I just turn the pump on/off with the ignition switch.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Well.... If I had remembered to supply some extra diff shims my car would potentially be ready today. The shop is going to order some shims for me but I'm not sure when they will be putting everything back together. Likely all they need to do is put the trans back together and reinstall everything and do a transmission fluid fill and clutch bleed. I'm guessing sometime next week is the soonest I would be getting my car back.

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
My cord on mine disintigrated the first time I ever used it. The dealer replaced under warranty, and I have a back-up 12 Volt compressor I Inherited from my dad and an AC powered one I use every 2 weeks. Depending on the age of your sensors, they are maybe beginning to fail, and you may need to replace them. They are potted.

Got a TPMS light last night on the way home from work. Pumped up all the tires today. Used the air pump that the PO provided in the spare tire area. Since this car loves to fight me, the switch on the pump decided to melt. Took it off and put a butt splice in it's place. I just turn the pump on/off with the ignition switch.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Not so happy update on the LSD install..... The LSD I bought from a local buddy does not fit despite the eBay ad showing it is from an EP3/ 06-15 Civic. I'm not too happy but.... Shop is going to order an Mfactory LSD and get that installed instead. I don't want to swallow the labor to remove and reinstall the factory diff. I'm just puzzled on why this diff does not fit.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
On a Happier note... The shop working on my car said my MT was SUPER clean inside. I would frequent the track on Friday nights and absolutely abuse the trans with clutch dumps, launches and burnouts. I give the transmission a workout every day. Gotta love that Honda reliability.

Reactions: akiraproject24

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Just talked to the shop earlier this morning. They have an Mfactory LSD on order for me. Should be much more robust then a factory K series LSD. Flywheel is also at a nearby machine shop getting resurfaced. Excited to get that car put back together with all the goodies.

Reactions: Spdbump
9661 - 9675 of 9675 Posts