Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
9641 - 9660 of 9675 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Could you send link or share what you used to do the headlight restore? Mine look horrible!
Not sure what they used but several of us have had good results with the Meguiars 'heavy duty restoration kit'. Can usually get in the zone at auto zone.

Give me $6 auto zone, that was a great plug. And no I'm not capitalizing your company name.

·
Registered
2015 CR-Z EX 6MT
15 Posts
Scored a matching armrest, rear wheel spacers, and led fog light bulbs before vacation, and finally got back to install them this week! Next up this weekend is rear shocks, mounting a pod for my wideband o2 sensor gauge, mounting my usb for android auto on the center console, and sneaking the microphone up to the driver's visor.

Automotive parking light Sky Grille Vehicle Car

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
2015 CR-Z EX 6MT
15 Posts
Not sure what they used but several of us have had good results with the Meguiars 'heavy duty restoration kit'. Can usually get in the zone at auto zone.

Give me $6 auto zone, that was a great plug. And no I'm not capitalizing your company name.
I used Cerakote's kit on some of my previous cars. Pretty good results too!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Finally got some fresh bearings in the mail for the LSD install. 2 bearings for the LSD and 1 input shaft bearing. This 2016 CRZ is gonna be the greatest build I've ever had.

Reactions: Eddie70

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
doing a long overdue deep clean on my Z.Turns out the cupholders are a lot of work to remove. No more coffee mugs on the road for me I guess!
That's awesome. If you still want road coffee just keep a roll of paper towels in the car and set a sheet in the cupholder before putting the drink in. That way any drips are in the towel and you keep the car clean.

I've cleaned far too many used car cupholders in my time and know how disgusting those things can get.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Just copped some goodies for the trunk of the CRZ today. Found at my local cars and coffee.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Detailed the exterior yesterday. Tried CarPro Perl diluted 4:1 on the grille since I already had that mixed for use on the interior. I applied with a microfiber already used on the interior, then wiped off excess. It looks good so far, but if it’s a dirt collector, I’ll figure out something else. Also wiped down the engine bay as the final killer of that microfiber. Put on new K&N silicon wiper blades and topped off washer fluid.
Road surface Asphalt Flooring Floor Line

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

Car Photograph Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Grille Vehicle registration plate

Sky Plant Building Window Property

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Helluva neat job! Well done ya @lauren01 🤩
Thanks!! Trying to decide on roof, hood, bumpers…wrap or repaint…Not wanting to spend on top notch repaint. I might take an auto painting class and work trade at a local shop if anyone will have me. They will take one look at an old broad and laugh me out the door so I want to take a class!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Did some work on my car today. Replaced my radiator drain plug and lower hose upgraded to HPS hose. We'll see if that takes care of my coolant leak. Also trimmed my rear belly pan and reinstalled it with my Beatrush rear performance bar installed.

·
Registered
"Unit 01" 2016 EX CVT Purple
94 Posts
The Week has been eventful, I installed the reflectors in the my rear bumper, tinted the windows, did a tire rotation, finalized my front and rear dashcam install, and lastly. Hunted down the little rubber inserts for the door handle grab holes. They were missing, that was driving me crazy. And I just reinstalled my taillights after doing the Eyeliner mod. I think it helps a lot on the darker color cars.

I will give it a good scrub and remove the pinstripe, start getting ready for touch up/ corrections.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Installed a new door handle. Wasn't as bad as I expected thanks to YouTube. The Allen in the center decided to give me a hard time, didn't want to mess with it so I just drilled it out.
Yeah it's almost like they used ugga dugga to install that bolt. Just picture a slightly wild guy in Suzuka laughing maniacally "Muahahaha I'll make it difficult for them! And my boy Sato engineered the handles to ensure they'll need replacement! MUHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!".

9641 - 9660 of 9675 Posts