Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
9621 - 9640 of 9675 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
This should be fun. Trying to decide whether to put it in myself or pay someone. I reckon I could do it but my life might be more enjoyable if I throw some cash and let them bloody up the knuckles. Grabbed some new rear bearing hubs today. Mine as well rather than swap over the old ones with 89k on em. View attachment 68150
I swapped the one on my 2011 in my garage with the car on jack stands. My son helped me do some of the lifting but it was relatively easy. Probably took a couple of hours to do.

·
Don't abuse the report button
2,411 Posts
I did mine in the garage on jackstands as well. I did have a lot of trouble getting it lined up, but I eventually ran a ratchet strap to the front tie-down locations to be my third hand while I got it all lined up.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Took the car to work and back with the Sprintex installed for the first time! Did some small testing with a coworker and rechecked belt alignment. Consistently pretty good AFR with it leaning a little towards rich.
Nice to see another Sprintex owner. It makes all the right noises and has some impressive low end torque gains.

Reactions: Corn-Z

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
This should be fun. Trying to decide whether to put it in myself or pay someone. I reckon I could do it but my life might be more enjoyable if I throw some cash and let them bloody up the knuckles. Grabbed some new rear bearing hubs today. Mine as well rather than swap over the old ones with 89k on em. View attachment 68150
Get some Siberian bushings to go on that rear axle. Let someone else bloody their hands up doing the bushings and axle. @96firephoenix can attest to those bushings.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Did my Beatrush performance bar install and an oil change today. Oil was very dark and definitely needed changing. It feels good to have a Honda that runs smoothly with no major issues

·
Registered
125 Posts
Did my Beatrush performance bar install and an oil change today. Oil was very dark and definitely needed changing. It feels good to have a Honda that runs smoothly with no major issues
How does the bracing feel? Subtle or in you face? I noticed my lower control arm brace removed a lot of torque steer in my fiesta. Have not tried anything midship oriented in any car.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I’m thinking about doing the exact same thing. Any additional pictures? Did you do the tops only or did you wrap the bottom half also (under the turn signal)? Gloss/satin?
The bottom part comes already black (stock). We wrap only the top (snap fit cover). Remember to take the cover out ~ so that you can fold the edges (of the vinyl) inwards, about a cm all around. I did matte finish (matches the bottom part).

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
How does the bracing feel? Subtle or in you face? I noticed my lower control arm brace removed a lot of torque steer in my fiesta. Have not tried anything midship oriented in any car.
Its a tiny improvement but with the full house of other suspension bits I've already got on the car its kinda hard to tell how much better the handling is. I'm already on BC racing suspension with Beatrush pillowball mounts and Spoon front swaybar which makes the most difference in handling.

·
Registered
2015 Honda CR-Z EX 6speed
11 Posts
Got off work, got my Amazon Prime day order of car detailing stuff delivered, washed my CRZ and restored 1 of my headlights. Can’t wait to restore the other headlight and do more detailing after work in 16 hours.

View attachment 68212
Could you send link or share what you used to do the headlight restore? Mine look horrible!

9621 - 9640 of 9675 Posts