Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
9581 - 9600 of 9601 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Read that if you haven't already. With the right color spray paint you can make it look exactly like SPOON's for waaaaay cheaper, Some improvement in low/mid-range throttle response, pairs nicely with an aftermarket intake, easy mod with just the right amount of grease on your hands afterward, you already have the sensor included on your RB1 that gives some people the biggest headache when trying to swap everything over.
Thank you! I’ll let you know how it goes. Waiting for a nice day to install since it’s been raining here in the PNW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Finally changed out my rear brakes today. Old ones were rusty af and the rotors were warped. Pads had a surprising amount of life left. I also changed the rear lines to SS lines from stoptech. Already have SS lines from Wilwood. Brakes feel super Gucci after a 45 min drive home. Found a nice twisty road to bed in the rear brakes. That Foxwell scan tool was fantastic for putting the e park brake in service mode.

Reactions: Fediej and qorax

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just got done installing the GE8 Fit intake manifold. Didn’t drive around yet but the forums I read wasn’t kidding about the MAF sensor on the fit manifold. It was a pain to take off. I stripped the phillips screw sadly. I had to use a nut splitting tool to break off the MAF sensor & a shield that was protecting the phillips. Everything else was straight forward from following the steps until 2 10mm was pain to get off since I was limited with certain tools and didn’t want to take the throttle body off completely even though it would’ve definitely helped. I lost one the back 10mm from lifting the manifold a bit cause I thought I hand tighten it enough but guess not so only one stayed screwed in. I was trying to line up the holes to the throttle body. Lesson learned, remove the throttle body completely if you want to access the 2 10mm easier. It landed somewhere on the bottom plastic cover but going to buy a new one. Going to be curious about the drive to work tomorrow morning. Thank you to whoever suggested to drive around so the engine heat can easily help you unscrew the oem phillip screw holding down the oem MAF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
My Seicane headunit decided to stop putting out audio so I switched back to my stock radio and my audio seems to work on the stock radio. Guess I'm rocking my stock radio until I can get another Seicane radio in the mail.

·
Premium Member
8,485 Posts
My Seicane headunit decided to stop putting out audio so I switched back to my stock radio and my audio seems to work on the stock radio. Guess I'm rocking my stock radio until I can get another Seicane radio in the mail.
Are you sure it is the radio and not the wiring or a fuse? Just some things to check unless warranty replacement and no cost.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Are you sure it is the radio and not the wiring or a fuse? Just some things to check unless warranty replacement and no cost.
If it was a fuse I'd have no sound even with the stock radio. It can't be wiring either cause by that theory I shouldn't have sound on my stock radio. It's a cheap Chinese radio so a hardware failure does not surprise me the slightest.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Replaced my CF knob with a genuine Mugen knob.

Reactions: qorax and lauren01

·
Premium Member
8,485 Posts
Any possibility, an internal issue you could have soldered?

If it was a fuse I'd have no sound even with the stock radio. It can't be wiring either cause by that theory I shouldn't have sound on my stock radio. It's a cheap Chinese radio so a hardware failure does not surprise me the slightest.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Any possibility, an internal issue you could have soldered?
Any chip or circuit can become a fusible link if you send enough power to it

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Curiosity question: what do you like about the Mugen shift knob vs the stock knob?
It has a much nicer feel then the stock one. it also has a more premium look to it over the stock shift knob.

Reactions: lauren01

·
Registered
104 Posts
Control arm, sway bar links and sway bar bushings today.

What control arm brand did you go with? I may have found OEM for a decent price but I see dorman makes 2 types one of them being a slightly premium version but I havent seen them available anywhere.

I have tie rod ends, rear axle beam, end links on the way and figure why not bang out control arms and get it all tightened up sharp.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I may have found OEM for a decent price but I see dorman makes 2 types one of them being a slightly premium version but I havent seen them available anywhere.
I was wondering about that too and IIRC one showed a steel arm and the other was aluminum like OEM but that was just based on the stock images they showed for them at the time so that might not be the case.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Supposedly the fit arms will work and are steel. They are also 1/6 the price. I could not bring myself to “downgrade” the car. But after picking up the Al arms, I can’t see the steel ones being that much heavier anyway.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Changed out my idler pulley today. Hopefully this takes care of my belt squeal I've been getting lately. If that doesn't fix the squeak next is the belt then the tensioner.

Reactions: litz
9581 - 9600 of 9601 Posts