Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
9521 - 9540 of 9554 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
I actually had the rear brakes flagged at an inspection as being close to replacement. I decided at that point to replace all four sets of pads and all 4 rotors. I replaced them in February 2020. Just a data point. I was surprised the rear needed replacement before the front.
Just a guess, but it could be because of rust maybe? Some of the hybrid cars that my dad owned needed new rear brakes due to the little use they see and thus rust.

·
Premium Member
8,364 Posts
The back brakes were more worn, and I was advised to replace the pads soon. I went further, replaced pads and rotors all around. If it had been a rust issue and not worn out, I would have had them repaired rather than replaced. Like I said, just a data point. First and only brake pad and rotor replacement the car has had from new. Was at 72,639 miles on the day the work was done. A bit over 83 K miles now. I will have them checked in November when my inspection is due. I do not expect any issues, and the car has driven the same before and after replacement. The car was daily driven at that point and is now driven less due to pandemic.

Just a guess, but it could be because of rust maybe? Some of the hybrid cars that my dad owned needed new rear brakes due to the little use they see and thus rust.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
These axles just came in the mail today. Gonna do the axles and LSD before the Dragon meet. So excited to get them installed.

Automotive exhaust Automotive exterior Audio equipment Wood Auto part

·
Registered
2015 Sprintex CRZ Base 6MT
42 Posts
Big Update Edit: Changed out the spark plugs on the 8th. Pretty easy job even with the Sprintex attached. Took about 30 mins. Just need a 5/8ths Sparkplug Socket, a socket wrench, and a socket extension. You'll have to attach the wrench after already putting the extension+sparkplug socket in first. Not a lot of space to see the 3rd and 4th hex head screw that secures the coils so you'll have to do it by feel.

Tail light eyeliner mod, Sprintex oil change, hood louver install all happening this week.

Mass airflow sensor and Takeda air filter cleaning next week. Crossing my fingers that this fixes the rough idling and stalling issues. I'm not sure what would be next on the list of things to try if the cleaning doesn't work. Maybe a fuel injector cleaning? The spark plug change seemed to help it stay steady a little bit more consistently.

Might have to get a secondary cat installed to pass emissions. O2 Sensor and Catalytic Converter isn't readying up still. I tried doing the spark plug defouler "fix" on the O2 sensor under the car. The problem with this attempt being that I could only fit one defouler before the sensor would hit another piece of metal. The sensor also doesn't sit flush on the defouler and the wires on the O2 sensor look a bit rough so I may have to replace it all together?

Going to need to repaint my wheels too after the tire install wrecked the hyperdip on the lugs and outer rim.

Where do people get their cabin air filters? Just looked at mine for the first time since getting the car and it was filthy.

I also want to replace the interior lights/covers (does anyone have part numbers or ones they like?) to and make it orange/bronze/yellow. Same with the license plate lights.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I drove to the local DYNO to book the installation or RB1 and before/later check.

I think I will do a dedicated thread also, it may measure the impact of the RB1...
I would definitely be interested in seeing before and after results! What throttle body are you running?

·
Don't abuse the report button
2,230 Posts
I drove to the local DYNO to book the installation or RB1 and before/later check.

I think I will do a dedicated thread also, it may measure the impact of the RB1...
I would definitely be interested in seeing before and after results! What throttle body are you running?

been done before, no need for a new thread.

will still be interesting to see what the dyno comparison is on a 10yo car instead of a 1yo car from that thread.

·
Registered
18 Posts

been done before, no need for a new thread.

will still be interesting to see what the dyno comparison is on a 10yo car instead of a 1yo car from that thread.
Has anyone done a dyno test with a larger throttle body? Either Spoon, Maxbore or R18? I'd be super interested in that!

·
Registered
72 Posts

Throttle body stock. Car is from mid 2010, let's se number apart, how will change the feeling in my roads.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Big Update Edit: Changed out the spark plugs on the 8th. Pretty easy job even with the Sprintex attached. Took about 30 mins. Just need a 5/8ths Sparkplug Socket, a socket wrench, and a socket extension. You'll have to attach the wrench after already putting the extension+sparkplug socket in first. Not a lot of space to see the 3rd and 4th hex head screw that secures the coils so you'll have to do it by feel.

Tail light eyeliner mod, Sprintex oil change, hood louver install all happening this week.

Mass airflow sensor and Takeda air filter cleaning next week. Crossing my fingers that this fixes the rough idling and stalling issues. I'm not sure what would be next on the list of things to try if the cleaning doesn't work. Maybe a fuel injector cleaning? The spark plug change seemed to help it stay steady a little bit more consistently.

Might have to get a secondary cat installed to pass emissions. O2 Sensor and Catalytic Converter isn't readying up still. I tried doing the spark plug defouler "fix" on the O2 sensor under the car. The problem with this attempt being that I could only fit one defouler before the sensor would hit another piece of metal. The sensor also doesn't sit flush on the defouler and the wires on the O2 sensor look a bit rough so I may have to replace it all together?

Going to need to repaint my wheels too after the tire install wrecked the hyperdip on the lugs and outer rim.

Where do people get their cabin air filters? Just looked at mine for the first time since getting the car and it was filthy.

I also want to replace the interior lights/covers (does anyone have part numbers or ones they like?) to and make it orange/bronze/yellow. Same with the license plate lights.
Could the stalling/rough idle be egr valve related? I dont have much experience with the egr on hondas but from the videos Ive seen on the insight and element they often clean out carbon build up on them.

·
Don't abuse the report button
2,230 Posts
drove the 2013 into work today.

Huge mistake cuz i think like it better than the 2011 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ... But it might just be due to the shocks on my 2011 needing replacement but not on the '13. That Li-ion battery puts out a noticeably higher amount of power, and the S+ button puts it instantly right the powerband with the CVT... also, the rear washer hose is apparently disconnected in the ceiling.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
drove the 2013 into work today.

Huge mistake cuz i think like it better than the 2011 ... But it might just be due to the shocks on my 2011 needing replacement but not on the '13. That Li-ion battery puts out a noticeably higher amount of power, and the S+ button puts it instantly right the powerband with the CVT... also, the rear washer hose is apparently disconnected in the ceiling.
That Sprintex will fix any power woes you might be having with the 11.

• Haha
Reactions: 96firephoenix

·
Registered
1,242 Posts

I'm almost 100% certain your tune has the rear O2 sensor disabled. If you still have the stock primary header then you can leave the O2 sensor enabled with no issues. Also I second spark plug changes with a Sprintex installed. One of the easiest things to do.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Went to the track today for some sends. Hoping I'd be putting my new axles in alot sooner than expected but those stock axles just will not break. The most exciting catch of the night was a heavily modified Camaro that literally ate crow sending it against someone else. Everyone says my car looks and sounds fast when I run myself but against anyone else besides a rock it's the slowest car ...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Another honda parts now order cancelled. For a passenger side motor mount. Honestly dont know if I needed one but wanted one on hand. I hope this is just due to backorder and not Honda discontinuing parts support further for these cars.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Everyone says my car looks and sounds fast when I run myself but against anyone else besides a rock it's the slowest car ...
Yeah but it looks nicer, is made in Japan and gets better gas mileage so you win.

Hoping I'd be putting my new axles in alot sooner than expected but those stock axles just will not break.
You wanna sell them axles after you break them? Also which part of the axles are you trying to break, I may be of assistance.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Yeah but it looks nicer, is made in Japan and gets better gas mileage so you win.

You wanna sell them axles after you break them? Also which part of the axles are you trying to break, I may be of assistance.
Certainly not the intermediate shaft. Insane shafts axles do not come with an intermediate shaft. I have someone in mind that may want them for a science experiment.

9521 - 9540 of 9554 Posts