Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
9501 - 9520 of 9554 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Does that make a stock Z ride better, or does that upgrade pretty much go with your other suspension mods?
I get less wheel hop with it. Also get smoother shifts and less jerkyness between shifts.

Reactions: lauren01

·
Registered
2015 Sprintex CRZ Base 6MT
42 Posts
IMO waste of money. But we have debated those cleaners on here before. Think about how small an amount of cleaner you are adding to how much fuel and how diluted it will be by the time it gets to the injectors. If you want to clean the injectors (if even needed) there are services that disconnect the fuel rail, or remove the injectors and put them in a special device or connect to the fuel rail and run the cleaner undiluted directly through the injectors.

Lots of inaccurate information and downright lies when it comes to additives. All fuel has cleaning additives added to it and has for years. You are cleaning your injectors and the whole fuel system every time you drive. Even using the regular fuel specified for the CR-Z unless you are driving a forced induction or other wise modified one.
Good to know! I had already bought some but I figure it can’t hurt, worst case is I threw out $15. I’ve already found the place I’ll get my injectors cleaned when I have the cash laying around. I’m just trying to slowly clean everything out so I have my own records- I don’t know the last time a lot of the car maintenance things have been done since I bought it. Especially on the mod pieces.

Since then did a wash, synthetic claybar, touch up paint, polish and wax. Car looks a lot better now but I noticed all the small rock chips in the paint while doing the full wash down. They’re not terrible and you can hardly tell from a few feet away but since I know, it bothers me haha. Also got the locking gas cap for the peace of mind. Slightly annoying that the threads don't fit the holder and with it had a tether.

bought new tires that will be installed Tuesday. Went with General Altimax RT43 since the Pirelli P7s that get a lot of rave reviews are on back order for 6 months. Wondering how the ride changes once swapped!

Wheel Car Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle

·
Premium Member
8,364 Posts
If it gives you piece of mind and you have the money why not. I personally used to add all that stuff to previous vehicles and never saw a difference. I did more reading and thought about it and have determined it is just a way to separate persons from their money using FUD (Fear, uncertainty, and doubt ) AKA Marketing and Hype.

As for the gas cap I linked to several that came with the tether. With that being said on my previous car I made a tether from a few cable ties and a universal tether from an auto parts place in the "Help" branded parts aisle or if you can remove the tether from your OEM cap and use a few cable ties to attach it to the new locking cap

As for the tires I too had a problem ordering them online but walked into a local tire place and they had them on the car in an hour when I left Texas. I had to have new tires on the car for the cross country trip I had essentially racing slicks on the car at the time.

Good to know! I had already bought some but I figure it can’t hurt, worst case is I threw out $15. I’ve already found the place I’ll get my injectors cleaned when I have the cash laying around. I’m just trying to slowly clean everything out so I have my own records- I don’t know the last time a lot of the car maintenance things have been done since I bought it. Especially on the mod pieces.

Since then did a wash, synthetic claybar, touch up paint, polish and wax. Car looks a lot better now but I noticed all the small rock chips in the paint while doing the full wash down. They’re not terrible and you can hardly tell from a few feet away but since I know, it bothers me haha. Also got the locking gas cap for the peace of mind. Slightly annoying that the threads don't fit the holder and with it had a tether.

bought new tires that will be installed Tuesday. Went with General Altimax RT43 since the Pirelli P7s that get a lot of rave reviews are on back order for 6 months. Wondering how the ride changes once swapped!

View attachment 66946

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Got some high quality blinker fluid, re-packed the muffler bearings with new grease, charged the IMA to 1.21 jiggawatts, seafoam'd the engine, high-tension titanium stainless copper alloy ground wires improving electrical flow 103%, vortex air intake and fuel ionizers. All told extra 83 horsepowers.
Seafoaming the engine is KIND OF a real thing. ;-)
@ZooGambler the RT43s are good tires.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Just ordered some brake pads/rotors from EBC to service the rear brakes on my 16. The factory ones are getting a bit crusty and I'm starting to get some brake squeaking in the rear. Im doing pads/rotors and SS brake lines in the rear with a full bleed with SRF react brake fluid.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Reactions: Eddie70

·
Registered
516 Posts
You reminded me. Just grabbed a drivers side. Do those come with a new black rubber button that u push to lock/unlock? My driver side one is deteriorating. Found this on ebay new oem from japan.
View attachment 67154
If your CR-Z has keyless entry, you might have ordered the wrong handle. The one pictures on your screenshot shows only a hole for the key. As you can see below, it should also have another hole for the lock/unlock button.

Gadget Vehicle door Vehicle Personal luxury car Automotive design

There are two more versions, one with just a button and one with just the key hole, as shown below.

Hood Automotive lighting Material property Gadget Bumper

·
Registered
89 Posts
If your CR-Z has keyless entry, you might have ordered the wrong handle. The one pictures on your screenshot shows only a hole for the key. As you can see below, it should also have another hole for the lock/unlock button.

View attachment 67158

There are two more versions, one with just a button and one with just the key hole, as shown below.

View attachment 67160
Good eye! Just requested to have the order cancelled. I jumped on it without thinking when I saw the low low price. Mine has the key and the button holes. Hopefully they will cancel it.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
5 year old battery decided to exit the chat this morning. Car was like it's Christmas time in here. On the way home I had to use the emergency key to get into the car.

Reactions: Fediej

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Changed out my positive battery cable the other day. I have to say even though the positive lead isn't replaceable on its own the entire cable was dumb simple to replace. I just had to remove the airbox to give myself room. I'd say n total it took me about 30 minutes or less to swap in the new cable. Those Milwaukee tools made the job even easier.

Reactions: Eddie70

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
You know that book "if you give a mouse a cookie"?

well, the Wavetrac install has turned into that lol. Just ordered an ogura lightweight clutch.

Should help spool things up a little quicker.
I'd be tempted to do a lightweight clutch when I do the LSD but I just cant seem to kill this stock clutch. It's Honda gave us a beefy clutch from the factory. My other concern is dealing with the phantom misfire from a lightweight clutch kit considering I have to do Emission testing every 2 years.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Just doing my obligatory "I'm still alive" post and talking Bout my Z.

Tinting my windows for a lil summer respite this week.

I also need to get around to servicing my rear brakes. Are their any worthwhile replacements (a la RSX-S in the front) or should I just be a happy boy with what I got?

Seeing the door handles... I need to get on top of that before I start climbing through my passenger door.

Anyways I'll be intending to join you guys for a (my first full) modding journey this summer so prepare to be annoyed ;P

... Back to the working caves I go! Love and miss the energy here!

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Just doing my obligatory "I'm still alive" post and talking Bout my Z.

Tinting my windows for a lil summer respite this week.

I also need to get around to servicing my rear brakes. Are their any worthwhile replacements (a la RSX-S in the front) or should I just be a happy boy with what I got?

Seeing the door handles... I need to get on top of that before I start climbing through my passenger door.

Anyways I'll be intending to join you guys for a (my first full) modding journey this summer so prepare to be annoyed ;P

... Back to the working caves I go! Love and miss the energy here!
Back from winter hibernation, eh? I think you can be a happy boy with what you've got for rear brakes. If the CR-Z's going to be like my 1st Gen Insight, I'll still have the original rear brakes at 250,000 miles. :)

·
Premium Member
8,364 Posts
I actually had the rear brakes flagged at an inspection as being close to replacement. I decided at that point to replace all four sets of pads and all 4 rotors. I replaced them in February 2020. Just a data point. I was surprised the rear needed replacement before the front.

9501 - 9520 of 9554 Posts