Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
9361 - 9378 of 9378 Posts

·
Registered
2016 EX CVT Purple
41 Posts
Haven't started my car in 3 days. Went out with the wife just a few hours ago. The car was completely dead. no lights, not reacting the the buttons on the doors or the ignition.

I had to jump start it.I think my dashcams is the drain. I'll play around and see if parked mode is working, leaving it unplugged for now. So to prevent me from getting stuck in the future I picked a small jump pack. I found one thought my work for about 40 bucks.

·
Registered
2016 EX CVT Purple
41 Posts
So to prevent me from getting stuck in the future I picked a small jump pack. I found one thought my work for about 40 bucks.
Well I just looked up the jump pack, right now is a super good deal though BestBuy (I do in home Computer work for them). Even without my discount its a great deal. It retails for 130ish and right now it is $70 off.
https://tinyurl.com/BESTBUYJUMPPACK

It is a flashlight / jump pack my Mophie. Super brite and has a work light on the side.

If you don't have a Jump pack. Pick one up.

·
Premium Member
7,970 Posts
I have had a jump starter for a while ( Paid $60 for it in April of 2019) and I charge it once a quarter even if not used. I also have a charger maintainer on the car whenever it is parked in the garage. I bought that at Harbor Freight beginning of the pandemic. It was $37 both are really good things to have if car is not being driven a lot. My under hood battery should be dead considering it is from 2015. I think the charger maintainer is keeping it alive.

Well I just looked up the jump pack, right now is a super good deal though BestBuy (I do in home Computer work for them). Even without my discount its a great deal. It retails for 130ish and right now it is $70 off.
https://tinyurl.com/BESTBUYJUMPPACK

It is a flashlight / jump pack my Mophie. Super brite and has a work light on the side.

If you don't have a Jump pack. Pick one up.

·
Premium Member
7,970 Posts
I used the rust converter from Permatex today on both my hatch hinges. Took about 30 minutes with a couple of foam brushes and some clean up after. Looks a lot better!

·
Registered
2016 EX CVT Purple
41 Posts
We had our first snow...

Car Snow Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

First time driving this little guy in the slush and snow. It handels much better than I thought it would. We got about 7 inch inches where I live.

My only fear is my front lip acting as a scoop, filling up with snow and breaking off. CURSE YOU SINGLE YEAR STUFF! 😄

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
We had our first snow...

View attachment 65718

First time driving this little guy in the slush and snow. It handels much better than I thought it would. We got about 7 inch inches where I live.

My only fear is my front lip acting as a scoop, filling up with snow and breaking off. CURSE YOU SINGLE YEAR STUFF!
We got some snow in my area too. Once I get my LSD installed I'll feel a bit more confident driving in snowy weather.

Reactions: Shrkb8

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have had a jump starter for a while ( Paid $60 for it in April of 2019) and I charge it once a quarter even if not used. I also have a charger maintainer on the car whenever it is parked in the garage. I bought that at Harbor Freight beginning of the pandemic. It was $37 both are really good things to have if car is not being driven a lot. My under hood battery should be dead considering it is from 2015. I think the charger maintainer is keeping it alive.
I have this little box that has been a life saver during these cold snowy weather or random days since my battery is life is bad. The override system button is treated like how you would use the regular jumper cables. There’s times where it wasn’t enough juice and I had to use regular jump cables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
334 Posts
I've had that NoCo unit for several years. I've only had to use it a couple of times but it worked. I've seen that review, all I know is while it may not be the best performing one out there my experience with it so far has been positive. It's well made, comes from a US-based company, and holds a charge for a very long time.

·
Premium Member
7,970 Posts
Mine is a Bolt Power and to date have never had to use it but I do charge it once a quarter to be ready and having the car on a charger maintainer all the time when parked as I said i think has made my under hood battery last. Key thing is have something anything even if bad reviews you only need it to work when you have an issue!

Here in VA many cars stuck on the highway for 12-15 hours and is still going on. If you do not need to go anywhere don't.

I too was concerned with how low The Speed Bump is when I have had to drive it in snow but it scrapes and the rubber pieces that are at the lowest point on the bumper on mine have some damage but its plastic and I have not ripped any parts off of it (yet) and if the snow is not deep the car handles great even in stock form. Just need good tires and skills. I try not drive when the weather is bad unless I absolutely have to. I do not want to be stuck against the jersey barrier on the left side of the belt way for 5 hours again for any reason. I was dumb and never should have been out at all. I had no reason to go out just wanted to go for a drive. That was the last time we had major snow in VA it was called snowmageddon in 2010 and I was not driving the CR-Z at the time.

·
Premium Member
7,970 Posts
For those of you that still have rear wipers I had a strange thing happen. My wiper stopped working and as I hardly drive when it is wet out etc it was a strange thing to happen. It was as if it was disconnected , you could move the arm with no resistance and it fell off the side of the hatch. I took it to a shop expected a huge diagnostic charge and was waiting and it was back in 15 minutes. :eek:

Turns out there is a lock nut that is designed to do this to protect the motor and it had over time loosend. The fix is remove the cover and tighten it. Issue fixed minimum charge and now that you know, you can do this yourself at no charge.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Adjusted my short shifter to the short throw setting today. Took the car for a scoot in the neighborhood. It's a whole new animal with those shorter throws.

• Wow
Reactions: Eddie70 and qorax

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Got an LSD going into the CRZ once I get my Mustang finished. This one's not quite as fancy as the Mfactory or Spoon but it's still a 1 way LSD. I'll have a shop do this for me since I'm not quite as experienced on installing an LSD in a trans.

·
Registered
2011 CR-Z EX CVT
37 Posts
Wrapped up my LED highbeam and blinker swap. Went the switchback blinker route after looking through an old users diy on this forum (kreaper I think?)
Took 3 days to get the resistors in place as it was below freezing and my fingers were not having it.
really content with how they turned out!

Tire Hood Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille

9361 - 9378 of 9378 Posts