Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
9301 - 9320 of 9334 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
There website says "Engineered Specifically for 2011 and 2012"

Any reason it wouldn't work on a 2016?
My guess is that it would fit but I can't find part numbers of the OEM exhaust right now to see if they're the same across all years to confirm. If it legit doesn't fit, it's probably due to how different the rear diffuser/bumper cover is on the 2016 vs the previous years'.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts

it will fit a 2016 CRZ... I am running the HPD exhaust on my 16 and the only reason Honda doesn't advertise fitment with the 16 is due to the different rear diffuser/bumper combo. the entire of the exhaust pipe fits with no issues and after some cutting/trimming of the rear diffuser it fits with no issues.

Reactions: Fediej and J1000

·
Registered
464 Posts
it will fit a 2016 CRZ... I am running the HPD exhaust on my 16 and the only reason Honda doesn't advertise fitment with the 16 is due to the different rear diffuser/bumper combo. the entire of the exhaust pipe fits with no issues and after some cutting/trimming of the rear diffuser it fits with no issues.
And it doesn't look like a complete hack job

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fediej

·
Registered
124 Posts

Like others have said it will fit on the 2016 car but there might be some interference with the rear bumper/diffuser. To me, it looks like it will fit the '16 no problem and tuck up behind the bumper same as on my '11 after looking at photos of '16s.

·
Registered
124 Posts
How's the volume? I'm looking for something that has more tone but doesn't necessarily add that much in volume. I also love that it stays tucked up and doesn't have a soup can hanging under the bumper.
I really like the tone, its smooth and sounds great. It adds some volume but not a ton. I will try to get a video of it soon. I also love the look.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
775 Posts
Painted the EGR valve bracket thingie.

Blue Gas Engineering Household cleaning supply Electric blue

Gotta say, it cleaned up pretty good, I was able to get it nice and shiny with no pitting using just a wire brush on a drill. Of course, this would quickly rust again

Hand Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Guitar accessory

After a few coats of VHT header paint.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive design

Here it is installed

I don't know if it's just me, but when I'm painting something just real quick, it ends up turning out great. This looks amazing. Same thing with the large metal brackets where the front of the rear storage bucket clips in, mine were all rusted and I just gave them a quick n' dirty paint job a few months ago and they turned out amazing. But when I try to get a good finish, like on the silver trim on the steering wheel, I get weird issues like paint not sticking, or an ugly uneven finish despite trying my best efforts to prepare everything, clean it, apply even coats, etc.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
775 Posts
Just now driving back from a Korean Bar-b-que restaurant the little guy got some of the best MPG numbers I have seen yet. 47.6 MPG. I was doing all highway, with cruise control set to 60Mph.
View attachment 65398
That's really good. I can never get my MPG above maybe 44-ish, and that's when I get lucky and can drive for miles and miles at 50mph without stopping when it's cold. Usually I get between 36-37 mpg, 38 if I'm lucky.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
That's really good. I can never get my MPG above maybe 44-ish, and that's when I get lucky and can drive for miles and miles at 50mph without stopping when it's cold. Usually I get between 36-37 mpg, 38 if I'm lucky.
You're getting the epa rating, so that's really not that bad.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I made a little video today with the AEM 600-0200 exhaust: https://amzn.to/3nbhMSJ

That exhaust has a nice tone to it. Not too loud but also not too quiet. do you still have both cats on the car or have you done a 2nd cat delete pipe yet? I did an HPD exhaust paired with a Tegiwa decat pipe and I love the sound from my setup.

·
Registered
124 Posts
That exhaust has a nice tone to it. Not too loud but also not too quiet. do you still have both cats on the car or have you done a 2nd cat delete pipe yet? I did an HPD exhaust paired with a Tegiwa decat pipe and I love the sound from my setup.
Yeah right now it's just stock downpipe and cats. I ordered the Supercircuit downpipe setup I'm just waiting on it to be delivered.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Yeah right now it's just stock downpipe and cats. I ordered the Supercircuit downpipe setup I'm just waiting on it to be delivered.

This is what my older crz sounded like with a full catless HPD exhaust. It was extremely loud. I'm back to the same setup minus the catless header on the 16 but might put my catless header back on at some point.

• Love
Reactions: J1000
9301 - 9320 of 9334 Posts