Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
9201 - 9220 of 9255 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CR-Z EX CVT
35 Posts
Took Shrkb8 to the dealership for a b1 service (oil change and tire rotation) and it came with a complimentary cleaning! Normally I’d do all those things myself but it was nice to pass the buck to the professionals for once! also hit 170k last weekend!

·
Registered
2011 CR-Z EX CVT
35 Posts
View attachment 64172 Just bought these enkei tuning yamato rims and put on the new bridgestone potenza sport.
Put them on earlier to day. Will go test drive later.
Looking forward to test those bridgestone. 😀🙏🏻
I really like how they look and shoot on the car. View attachment 64173 View attachment 64174
Love the rims! Also love that you’re rocking the oem mudguards. When I put mine on I think it really added the perfect bit of seasoning to the overall look of the car

·
Registered
977 Posts
Thought my fogs were going to be more of a pain to remove. Waiting on my Morimotos to arrive then I can put those back in. Only had to loosen the top clips and screws on the bumper.

Reactions: lauren01

·
Registered
977 Posts
Those Morimito fogs are looking good. Fairly simple install. Just 3 screws on each side.

·
Registered
2011 CR-Z GT-Navi Milano Red
211 Posts
I found some time to bleed the clutch today. The fluid which came out I can only compare to strong black coffee. After this the clutch feel changed completely and it’s like driving a new car. I highly recommend to replace the clutch fluid especially if you just bought a car and don’t know when somebody did it last time ;)

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
711 Posts
I highly recommend to replace the clutch fluid especially if you just bought a car and don’t know when somebody did it last time ;)
I'd recommend that with most fluids, especially if they're bespoke proprietary ones like Honda's transmission fluid or power steering fluid. I replaced the CVT transmission fluid and the brake fluid and both were basically black, they looked like used engine oil (brake fluid is clear and CVT fluid is a very light orange IIRC). Transmission had some weird issues sporadically and they went away with new fluid, thankfully. Engine air filter was also black, so I doubt any of these items were replaced/serviced during the 40k miles or so the car was driven. The engine coolant looks fine, but the overflow tank was nearly empty. Of course, I've already changed the oil twice.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
711 Posts
Those Morimito fogs are looking good. Fairly simple install. Just 3 screws on each side.
Let us know how they work out for you. Some pics in the dark would be highly appreciated.

I'm looking into getting the fog light kit in the near future and I'll definitely be using LED fog lights. I have my eye on some from Diode Dynamics but tbh haven't looked around too much.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Finally got some new rubber feet in the mail for my rack. Installed with little effort. Will hold some extra luggage for the upcoming trip to NC.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Got my gauges almost installed. They are wired to power. Just need to hook up the sensors and they will be live. My homeboy wired everything up to the gauges.

Reactions: lauren01

·
Registered
977 Posts
Fixed my boys CRZ yesterday. He was having to jump his car every once in a while but eventually had a crank no start condition. Thought it was a bad battery so he started with a new OEM battery. Same issue with a new OEM battery so I started inspecting fuses with the help of a fuse diagram. Turns out fuse 39 powers alot of important stuff like injectors, fuel pump, ECU/ECM and some other stuff and was blown. Replaced and his car fired up right away. Apparently if you pull fuse 39 you can crank the engine without pushing in the clutch pedal. Its possible his 12v was also in need of replacement and with his OEM battery gets a 5 year warranty.

·
Administrator
7,672 Posts
Finding and replacing a blown fuse is a great fix but you need to find out why it blew and make sure the right size fuse was put in as replacement. Having a bigger fuse than specified can cause damage to the car and or a fire.

Fixed my boys CRZ yesterday. He was having to jump his car every once in a while but eventually had a crank no start condition. Thought it was a bad battery so he started with a new OEM battery. Same issue with a new OEM battery so I started inspecting fuses with the help of a fuse diagram. Turns out fuse 39 powers alot of important stuff like injectors, fuel pump, ECU/ECM and some other stuff and was blown. Replaced and his car fired up right away. Apparently if you pull fuse 39 you can crank the engine without pushing in the clutch pedal. Its possible his 12v was also in need of replacement and with his OEM battery gets a 5 year warranty.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Finding and replacing a blown fuse is a great fix but you need to find out why it blew and make sure the right size fuse was put in as replacement. Having a bigger fuse than specified can cause damage to the car and or a fire.
Its all good. Fuse was replaced with the same amperage and size fuse. His dying 12v combined with the constant jumping the car might have been the cause. He also has some rear LED lights that are popping VSA and hill start assist warnings That he needs to address with some diodes.

·
Registered
2012 honda crz manual tranny
11 Posts
Those gauges look cool. Are you the same guy from the 'CR-Z Society` Facebook group who recently got gauges installed?

It looked like your friend had to do a lot of work to get everything to fit as nice as it does. I'd love to install some gauges but after seeing what it takes, I don't think it's something I could do myself. Looks cool in your car though!

-SS

·
Registered
977 Posts
Those gauges look cool. Are you the same guy from the 'CR-Z Society` Facebook group who recently got gauges installed?

It looked like your friend had to do a lot of work to get everything to fit as nice as it does. I'd love to install some gauges but after seeing what it takes, I don't think it's something I could do myself. Looks cool in your car though!

-SS
Yes. He's done some solid work on them so far. Today he will finish up the install by getting the sensors wired up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oh cool! I thought they were already finished by your picture.

Can I ask why your third gauge, the Intake Temp one, has 2 areas for what looks like numbers? Do they alternate or something?

-SS

·
Registered
977 Posts
Oh cool! I thought they were already finished by your picture.

Can I ask why your third gauge, the Intake Temp one, has 2 areas for what looks like numbers? Do they alternate or something?

-SS
It's a dual intake temp gauge. I'm gonna wire one up to the intake tube and figure out something for the post SC temps. The gauges are wired to power but no sensors are connected yet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oh, gotcha. I didn't know you were supercharged, that's pretty awesome.

Well good luck with everything, I hope you post more pics once it's all finished!

-SS

·
Registered
977 Posts
Almost done. Just need to run a vacuum line for the boost gauge and everything will be done.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Helped my homie out today. He finally figured out where his short to fuse 39 was... It was the injector harness rubbing on a metal bracket. We are close to having the entire SC off so he can repair the harness. Should have everything buttoned up and fixed tomorrow.

9201 - 9220 of 9255 Posts