Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
9181 - 9200 of 9204 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Awesome idea! Should turn out looking pretty sweet!
Thanks! This car is gonna turn out real nice! taking her out to tail of the Dragon at the beginning of Oct and shell have the most complete suspension setup and should handle the corners with ease. The brakes could use upgrading. They might be 4 pot Wilwoods but they are stock size rotors and experience brake fade pretty quickly on roads like the Dragon.

Reactions: Fediej

·
Registered
954 Posts
So far I like the look. Thats the diffuser reinstalled with the HPD exhaust.
Vehicle registration plate Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car

·
Registered
954 Posts
Green Toy Rectangle Font Pattern

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Got my car in for an alignment after getting the BC's installed. Got just a hint of negative camber but everything else is back within spec. She's ready to tackle some twisty roads down at the Dragon in a few weeks. So far I'm loving the way she rides with the coilovers and the rest of the suspension setup. The one thing im not doing on this car is changing out the side engine mounts for solid mounts. I'm not tryna live that extreme NVH lifestyle all over again.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
683 Posts
Was visiting my parents over the weekend so I took the chance to give the 'Z some TLC. Gave it a wash and ceramic coated all the glass, mirrors and the trunk panel where the badge is which I forgot the first time lol. I also coated the rear camera, and the difference is pretty big. After driving in the rain, the camera doesn't become unusable beacuse water doesn't stick nearly as much now. Some water does stick, but not enough to block my view. Before water would just stick there and all I'd see is a big blob of water.

While I'm talking about glass, if you don't have any coating on your glass and you're using rubber wiper blades, then I highly recommend you do something about it. When glass is coated, water beads up, rather than forming a film, so even when wet you can still see through the glass. Wax works well with glass and sticks very well too, but if you use it on your windshield it makes the wipers chatter which is super annoying. the RainX coating works very well but doesn't last more than a few weeks. My recommendation for the windshield is silicone wipers. They last much longer than rubber ones (the ones in my Civic are 2 years old and still work as if they were brand new). The also leave behind a very thin coating of silicone, which beads up water on its own, so no need to worry about the coating on the glass. I went with ceramic coating beacuse I already have it and it works the best. I think it's a huge safety benefit becasue even if your wipers completely break or something, you can still see. You'll also see clearly out the side windows or the rear window.

I also did a bit of detailing in the engine bay. I had cleaned it previously, but most cleaners leave an ugly gray faded look to the plastic and hoses. As I've said before, a bit of Meguiars endurance tire shine gel thingy works wonders on plastic. I don't like the glossy look many plastic restorers or plastic dressings give and I found that with the meguiars stuff if you apply a very miniscule amount and work it in, it gives the plastic a nice deep black, but doesn't make it look shiny or greasy. I used a towel for the flat surfaces, and a paint brush for all the hoses and little grooves or nooks and crannies like the intake. I also use it on the outer plastics like the rear diffuser, which is starting to fade, and it looks amazing. It lasts a good 2-3 months before I need to re-apply it, which is great.
Before
Car Light Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

After:
Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle

I also recently found out that there are two holes to put the hood prop. There's another hole closer to the base of the hood which keeps it open almost all the way up. Neat!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
954 Posts
My gauges came in the mail today. Got someone local that has done this before so he'll get them hooked up for me this weekend. So excited to finally have gauges in my car.

Reactions: Eddie70 and SMB

·
Registered
496 Posts
Did some things to my CRZ this month 🙌 I've installed leather door panels, cleaned up my K&N filter and finally installed FN2 Type R BBK upgrade with braided brake lines!
View attachment 64862 View attachment 64863
View attachment 64867
Got an audible "ouu" out of me here! I like the look

... I finally got my headlights restored LOL. That was hilariously ugly. Also did my first detail for the car since I owned it. Was forced to get it done stat, as my goofy self spilled lemonade in the car trying to take it out. I was absolutely livid.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Scooped up some Clazzios and a roof rack for a good deal. Roof rack comes with a wind faring and basket. What a steal.

Reactions: Eddie70
9181 - 9200 of 9204 Posts