Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
9161 - 9180 of 9204 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Some of my panel clips were broken so I replaced them with new ones from Amazon.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Koyo ftw. Additional coolant capacity, no plastic end tanks, better heat dissipation.
Oh yes! Love that Koyorad. Going out to tail of the Dragon labor day weekend so will really test my cooling system.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I didn't know the koyo held more coolant... explains where that extra coolant went, lol
If you place the Koyo right next to the OEM rad you'll notice its a fair bit thicker. It's a 2 row rad vs the OEM single row. It took about a gal and 1/4 to do a complete fill of the Koyo rad and overflow bottle.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Got my Spoon rear rigid collars and Hasport mount installed today. The Hasport mount is a fair bit smaller then the factory mount and fixes alot of the wheel hop and jerky acceleration I get between 1-3 gears.

·
Registered
2015 PWP Base MT
69 Posts
What durometer did get for the mount? I've got both of these parts on deck so it's good to hear it's improved things.

·
Registered
954 Posts
What durometer did get for the mount? I've got both of these parts on deck so it's good to hear it's improved things.
I went with 62A. It didn't completely cure all wheel hop and jerkiness but I see it less then I did with the factory mount. Downshifts are also very smooth. I do get some noticable vibration at idle so I'm leaving the side engine mounts stock. Starting from a stop is where I see the most improvement. It just hooks with no jerkiness.

Reactions: Messew

·
Registered
954 Posts
get the powerflex front bushings and you'll have even less wheel hop.
Yeah! That will be a future mod. Probably gonna pair it with a set of new Moog control arms to make the install a little easier and less time consuming. Even with the 62A torque mount I still get jerkiness between shifts but off the line I get almost no jerkiness unless I'm way off on my clutch engagement and throttle modulation.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Got the front struts replaced. Used purported OEM equivalent parts - CARiD Omni brand - since the KYB brand my shop likes was not available. Drove 40 miles home; so far so good. Best feeling to have the car handle nearly like new. Really stoked! Mention the CRZForum and they’re still honoring our 5% discount. I called, spoke with Juan in Sales. Here’s a pic of the items and discounted price.

·
Registered
954 Posts
It was alot of work today but... Got my old HPD exhaust back. The pipe diameter is noticably larger then magnaflow. HPD is 2.25" and Magnaflow is 1.75" or 2.0"... Will be nice to finally get the HPD fitted to the 16. I might also look out for a 15 or older bumper to install on the 16 and pair with the HPD diffuser.

Reactions: Fediej

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
It was alot of work today but... Got my old HPD exhaust back. The pipe diameter is noticably larger then magnaflow. HPD is 2.25" and Magnaflow is 1.75" or 2.0"... Will be nice to finally get the HPD fitted to the 16. I might also look out for a 15 or older bumper to install on the 16 and pair with the HPD diffuser.
Just do a DIY custom cut out on the 16 bumper...

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Finally finished buttoning up the bumper cover and underbelly after my grille project. Soooooo many plastic rivets! I don't know that I got all of them replaced, but there's more holding it all together now than there was at the start of this weekend.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Dropped my car off yesterday to get the coilovers and pillowball mounts installed. Also getting my diffuser cut to fit the HPD exhaust so ill have a much cleaner look. in the rear of the car. So excited to get the car back with those things done.

Reactions: lauren01 and Fediej
9161 - 9180 of 9204 Posts