Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
9141 - 9160 of 9204 Posts

·
Administrator
7,553 Posts
I disagree but your car your choices.

I use it in place of a strip wash, as it can remove wax and degrease the paint. Normally I do use car soap, but the problem here is that car soap tends to leave a slight wax layer on the paint, which is not what I needed, I needed it as clean as possible.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Finally got my spoon swaybar and rigid collars done. I also had an ultra racing room bar that was an easy 5 min install. Alignment wasn't too far off. Just needed to adjust toe on driver's side and flush out some other stuff. She got brand new subframe bolts as part of the install.

·
Administrator
7,553 Posts
Not quite sure I understand how it will get better over time but if you are happy with the results then that is all that matters. If you want even more heat rejection you can consider
https://groovy.com.my/product/honda-cr-z-zf1/ and I use this every time car is parked outside( but prices just went up :( ) Sun Shades - The Original Retractable Shade mine is the discontinued flame pattern and when I had a problem with one of the retraction strings breaking and a handle problem on another they took care of replacement at no charge. I have had many models of them over the rears but the current grey fabic seems to hold up the best. Great product have had it in many of my cars and in family cars and usually buy one for anyone I know who gets a new car. I like it is self storing against passenger side window pillar attached to the glass.

Had a ceramic tint job and what a difference in the temp after 4 days. Tint dude says in 3 weeks the effectiveness will maximize.
View attachment 64601 View attachment 64602

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Not quite sure I understand how it will get better over time but if you are happy with the results then that is all that matters. If you want even more heat rejection you can consider
https://groovy.com.my/product/honda-cr-z-zf1/ and I use this every time car is parked outside( but prices just went up :( ) Sun Shades - The Original Retractable Shade mine is the discontinued flame pattern and when I had a problem with one of the retraction strings breaking and a handle problem on another they took care of replacement at no charge. I have had many models of them over the rears but the current grey fabic seems to hold up the best. Great product have had it in many of my cars and in family cars and usually buy one for anyone I know who gets a new car. I like it is self storing against passenger side window pillar attached to the glass.
That’s a curing timeline noted by the tint dude.
In addition to tint, I’ve been using a windshield shade.

·
Administrator
7,553 Posts
I have been looking at these Groovy Shades for a few years since another member mentioned them ,like how they are easily removable and work with the side windows even when open. The Shade windshield shade I like because it self stores. Once I got one for my Mom she started always using it every time she parked and she had no garage. All the other ones we had gotten her over the years she never used.

Still unsure how a tint gets better as it cures once it is on the glass it is there but he knows his products and I do not. Is it a film or a spray and is it on the outside of the glass or inside like traditional tint? From the pictures i can't tell if it darkens the glass a lot. My concern with tint is driving at night. I drove a few fully tinted luxury vans when I worked for a luxury conversion van company and they also rented and hated the deep tint and the curtains when I had to move them at night even with the curtains tied back.

Like I said if you are happy then that is all that matters.

That’s a curing timeline noted by the tint dude.
In addition to tint, I’ve been using a windshield shade.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Changed my door handle today. Not quite as bad as I thought it would be. Bracket on the door handle was the worst part. Never thought I'd this happy about a smooth operating door handle.
My driver side door handle has been wonky for a few years. Giving it a gentle push gets it to lie flat. Guess I need to do this replacement before mine snaps. The lower of the two plastic curved guides has a lot of grooves from scraping since it became slightly crooked. Did your original handle seem to be crookedly closing too?

·
Registered
2011 CR-Z
14 Posts
My driver side door handle has been wonky for a few years. Giving it a gentle push gets it to lie flat. Guess I need to do this replacement before mine snaps. The lower of the two plastic curved guides has a lot of grooves from scraping since it became slightly crooked. Did your original handle seem to be crookedly closing too?
No, it's not crooked, just recently stayed having to push it in. Feels like this Texas heat accelerated the downgrade. I can send you my old handle if you want.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
No, it's not crooked, just recently stayed having to push it in. Feels like this Texas heat accelerated the downgrade. I can send you my old handle if you want.
Thank you, not necessary but your offer is appreciated. We had a few years of heatwaves when it started being wonky. Believe I will need to do this fix.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
I have been looking at these Groovy Shades for a few years since another member mentioned them ,like how they are easily removable and work with the side windows even when open. The Shade windshield shade I like because it self stores. Once I got one for my Mom she started always using it every time she parked and she had no garage. All the other ones we had gotten her over the years she never used.

Still unsure how a tint gets better as it cures once it is on the glass it is there but he knows his products and I do not. Is it a film or a spray and is it on the outside of the glass or inside like traditional tint? From the pictures i can't tell if it darkens the glass a lot. My concern with tint is driving at night. I drove a few fully tinted luxury vans when I worked for a luxury conversion van company and they also rented and hated the deep tint and the curtains when I had to move them at night even with the curtains tied back.

Like I said if you are happy then that is all that matters.
My tint is a film applied the wet way. It’s not dark, because I don’t want to mess with visibility much (or invite a ticket and removal order). It’s 3M with ceramic, which as tint dude promised is much clearer than the older technology.

·
Registered
954 Posts
On the lift she went today for some service. Oil change mainly. I also upgraded my radiator and installed an aluminum underbody panel with cooling fins.the panel isn't beatrush brand but it installed pretty much the same way. Got an hour and some change drive back home and so far the cooling system is working perfectly. Well see how it performs the next time I'm at the Dragon.

·
Registered
392 Posts
On the lift she went today for some service. Oil change mainly. I also upgraded my radiator and installed an aluminum underbody panel with cooling fins.the panel isn't beatrush brand but it installed pretty much the same way. Got an hour and some change drive back home and so far the cooling system is working perfectly. Well see how it performs the next time I'm at the Dragon.

I'm interested in hearing more about this aluminum underbody panel.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I'm interested in hearing more about this aluminum underbody panel.
If it's anything like the beatrush brand one... It's supposed to reduce wind turbulence and stabilize the car at high speeds. It also has cooling fins to allow heat to escape from the engine compartment.

9141 - 9160 of 9204 Posts