Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
9101 - 9120 of 9130 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Got my hybrid racing shifter in the mail today and it came with a nice little bonus. Not sure if it's a genuine or rep Mugen knob though.

Reactions: Fediej and Eddie70

·
Registered
905 Posts
Decided to try my hand at replacing my shifter today. Took a couple hours in the heat of the summer but my HR shifter is on the car. All I can say is what a difference in the shifting feel it gives. For now I'm running it on stock throw then I might change the throw.

·
Super Moderator
7,355 Posts
Worx Hydroshot and buckets washed The Speed Bump. Also washed the engine bay and tried to remove the dead cicadas from the front of the Radiator. Only one left. I am going to have to get creative to remove that one! Also washed the WeatherTech mats.

I have an odd question anyone know what gauge wire the turn signal connections are? If you do and they are not 22 gauge can you suggest a source? Most listings on Amazon for example do not identify the Gauge wire.
I ordered some 22 Gauge connectors but the wire looks too thin. Going to need enough connectors so that if I ever have to I can unplug the load resistors and go back to stock easily. Doubt I will ever have to do that but want to be able to just in case there is ever an issue so I always have turn signals. Will throw removed conventional bulbs in my tool bag as I have done with other removed bulbs.

·
Registered
2011 CR-Z GT-Navi Milano Red
179 Posts
The engine is so clean inside ;) Was it really needed to adjust clearances and what’s the mileage of your Z? What was the state of the throttle body?

·
Registered
2012 Sport / manual / NSBP
234 Posts
The engine is so clean inside ;) Was it really needed to adjust clearances and what’s the mileage of your Z? What was the state of the throttle body?
The clearances were too loose on all cylinders, I could easily insert 0.20mm on intake and 0.30mm on exhaust without any drag.
I've set the intake so I can insert 0.15 with minor drag and can't insert 0.20mm (not using force to push it in).
Also set the exhaust so I can insert 0.25 with very little drag and can almost insert 0.30.
Might be subjective, but I think the engine is slightly quieter now.

It has almost 100k kilometers (european manual says that valves should be adjusted every 100k km, I know that US manual says the same value just in miles and it would probably do another 60k without any failure, but it literally took me 2 and a half hour, so it's better to do it more often).

Throttle body was mostly clean, just a bit of black residue on the bottom. Cleaned it with microfibre towel and (I'm not sure how this stuff is called in english, wikipedia redirected me to "petroleum ether", it's used as solvent or degreaser).

The cost of all this (other than the tools I had to buy, but I'm not counting the tools, because it's always something I'll use more than once), was the new head cover gasked (59PLN ~ 16USD).

·
Registered
905 Posts
Got rid of those solid.rotors and put on some nice slotted EBC rotors. About a week before I hit up the dragon I'll swap in my BP-20 pads and the brakes should be pretty solid for some Dragon action.

Reactions: Eddie70

·
Registered
905 Posts
Changed out my shifter cable bushings for some Hybrid racing cable bushings. The shifts feel Sooo crisp combined with the HR shifter.

Reactions: NeeDCrafT21

·
Registered
144 Posts
I got annoyed with the sun faded door sash so I decided to wrap it with whatever wrap I had left until I order new ones which is like $43 a piece so about $86 for a set of new ones.

Wrapping this part was a pain since I didn’t have a exacto knife & heat gun so I had to improvise with box cutter & hair dryer to get it done.

Here’s how my passenger side looks like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
905 Posts
Gave the car a wash and changed out the oil. Also installing a 5 gal water tank this weekend in the trunk.

·
Registered
905 Posts
It was alot of work but got my 5 gal tank installed and working with help. Pump runs off a timer for 10 seconds at a time. The whole setup is fused so it shits off when the car shuts off. With this setup I have near instant main washer tank fillups while doing some twisty road runs or even while doing some hpde events.

Reactions: Eddie70
9101 - 9120 of 9130 Posts