Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
9081 - 9100 of 9130 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
646 Posts
View attachment 64178

Sprayed the roof and wing mirrors with plastidip and finally fixed the A/C. Also it passed yearly inspection with no advisories and just a few miles left to pass 100k miles :)
That actually looks amazing, the roof I mean. I wish it came like this from the factory. Might consider doing this. Your car has a sunroof though, not sure how it'll look on mine

·
Super Moderator
7,355 Posts
His car has no sun roof. Or Moon roof. That is just paint or fixed glass roof. Many have covered the roofs in black vinyl or paint . No CR-Z has an OEM sunroof or Moon roof. In some places other than the USA they had a fixed glass roof and a few members have added an after market sunroof.

·
Registered
2011 CR-Z GT-Navi Milano Red
179 Posts
Your car has a sunroof though, not sure how it'll look on mine
This is fixed panoramic glass roof. Came in UK with GT trim. I'm sure it will look nice on your car however I can't recommend spraying large surfaces with rattle can. It's not possible to do wet coats because the pressure from the can is too low and there's some visible defects. I'll consider doing this again with spray gun or wrap it ;)

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
646 Posts
This is fixed panoramic glass roof. Came in UK with GT trim. I'm sure it will look nice on your car however I can't recommend spraying large surfaces with rattle can. It's not possible to do wet coats because the pressure from the can is too low and there's some visible defects. I'll consider doing this again with spray gun or wrap it ;)
Well, mine is gray and has no glass roof. I would like to paint it but I have little skill and no equipment. I think this is best suited for brightly colored cars, like yours, or the NSBP.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Welp.. I’m glad I’m safe after driving from city to city in the rain. I figured out the issue to the clunk sound. Sway bar end link came off and got bent from right turns on the street & full lock turns. I have no clue how it came off. Smh hope everybody make sure there’s is tight next time you take off the wheel.

How it should look like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
646 Posts
Welp.. I’m glad I’m safe after driving from city to city in the rain. I figured out the issue to the clunk sound. Sway bar end link came off and got bent from right turns on the street & full lock turns. I have no clue how it came off. Smh hope everybody make sure there’s is tight next time you take off the wheel.

How it should look like.

I can't comprehend the 1st image... Why does it look like it's floating in mid air? Its not attached to the suspension or the roll bar... Am I just blind?

Edit: lol never mind I see now, I though the rod was a wire or a hose.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I can't comprehend the 1st image... Why does it look like it's floating in mid air? Its not attached to the suspension or the roll bar... Am I just blind?

Edit: lol never mind I see now, I though the rod was a wire or a hose.
I forgot to circle that part my bad but it was sitting on the line which is scary. I was able to do temporary fix until tomorrow. Luckily my friend works at Auto Zone and he happened to have the Sway bar end link in stock and was able to get it for me then meet up after he got off work.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
646 Posts
I forgot to circle that part my bad but it was sitting on the line which is scary. I was able to do temporary fix until tomorrow. Luckily my friend works at Auto Zone and he happened to have the Sway bar end link in stock and was able to get it for me then meet up after he got off work.

Hey, you did provide the other pic. Anyways glad you got the replacement. Funny enough, and I have no clue if this is normal, my 05 Civic has no sway bar, like at all. No end links, no bushing, no bar, nothing. Just the holes where everything mounts to.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
646 Posts
Replaced passenger side wiper blade with a Michelin Endurance Silicone whatever. I had replaced all blades with the RainX Silicone blades about 10 months ago and they work amazing, but a few days ago the passenger side blade came off in its own. Upon further inspection I found that one of the little tabs that hold it in is broken, so it slides on and off very easily. The Michelin uses a completely different mount that is far more secure, requiring you to unlatch a little lid, whereas the RainX just slide on. I'd avoid them, lest you want to be left without wipers during heavy rain. Shame, really, cuz those RainX weren't cheap either and the blade still works well.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I didn't notice but my OEM duct tape securing my front license plate to the grille had came off. I used some double sided outdoor tape to resecure it to the grille, 2011 grilles are way too expensive.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Replaced passenger side wiper blade with a Michelin Endurance Silicone whatever. I had replaced all blades with the RainX Silicone blades about 10 months ago and they work amazing, but a few days ago the passenger side blade came off in its own. Upon further inspection I found that one of the little tabs that hold it in is broken, so it slides on and off very easily. The Michelin uses a completely different mount that is far more secure, requiring you to unlatch a little lid, whereas the RainX just slide on. I'd avoid them, lest you want to be left without wipers during heavy rain. Shame, really, cuz those RainX weren't cheap either and the blade still works well.

View attachment 64181
Happened with my GF's car during the winter right before a snow storm. I thought we put them on wrong but it seems like it wasn't entirely our fault.

·
Registered
2012 EX
49 Posts
Got ye olde windows re-tinted as the PO had done them back in 2013 and all were faded.
Rotated tires, changed air filter and shook out loose debris from cabin filter.
Hard wired power cord for the Boscam K7 backup camera to free up that port behind the cup holders for cell charging.

Reactions: Eddie70

·
Super Moderator
7,355 Posts
For the power port I installed this a few years ago. it has USB ports on both sides ( one I can't use) and the 3 power ports you see. I have used it to charge 2 cell phones and run the GPS and other items. I unplug it when I have to use a car powered compressor. The two I have ( Honda and another one) being motors draw too much.

Got ye olde windows re-tinted as the PO had done them back in 2013 and all were faded.
Rotated tires, changed air filter and shook out loose debris from cabin filter.
Hard wired power cord for the Boscam K7 backup camera to free up that port behind the cup holders for cell charging.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I ordered a transmission filter and some crush washers and Amazon said they came in. I opened the package and some dog snacks and a book. Someone is going to be as surprised as I was. I was hoping to change the trans fluid and filter this week. We'll see if the new filter lands this week or I just change a few quarts and run till the next change to get the filter.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Upon further inspection I found that one of the little tabs that hold it in is broken, so it slides on and off very easily.
Worth noting that rain-x has several 'tiers' of wiper blades and not all are like that. That looks like one of their 'beam blade' lines, which I've never liked. I use their cheapest line (conventional blade weatherbeater) and haven't had any problems.

·
Registered
2012 EX
49 Posts
For the power port I installed this a few years ago. it has USB ports on both sides ( one I can't use) and the 3 power ports you see. I have used it to charge 2 cell phones and run the GPS and other items. I unplug it when I have to use a car powered compressor. The two I have ( Honda and another one) being motors draw too much.
When I got the car I found a random wire tucked away in the glove box. Discovered from the PO she had used it to power XM. So I just wired onto it for the backup cam.
Free'd up the cig. lighter port for tele charging if needed.

Reactions: Spdbump

·
Registered
905 Posts
Took the car for a cruise to my local DIY garage to install my Cusco front performance bar. Was a pretty simple install. $52 to do an oil change on the housemates Mustang and install the performance bar. Car feels a bit more stable with the bar installed.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Changed the transmission fluid and filter. I am guessing this is the first time it has been changed since new. 55k miles and 8 years old. Pretty dark. It'll be getting another change about every 15k to keep the fluid looking nice.

9081 - 9100 of 9130 Posts