Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

9041 - 9060 of 9101 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Congrats on the 6-speed, there's no turning back now! Good luck with the button brake . Just try to go easy on the clutch.
Thanks! That friend has plans to K swap my old 11 CRZ so... It will live on with a K series making some sauce for sure. This deal kinda fell in my lap today which is both good and bad.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I wanted to replace my broken fog light today, but didn’t want to try. So I let a local mechanic do it. It costed me €80, but saved me the hassle.

I should note that the fog light housings that I ordered on AliExpress (both sides for less than €20) fit perfectly and it looks exactly the same as OEM. So I am very happy! :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hey all, long time no post. I reattached the splash guard(it got some abuse from the last snow storm), inspected the front and rear brake pads and cleaned and reoiled the k&n air filter. The fronts are still good, slightly less than a quarter inch of pad left. The rears need replacing but one of the sockets needed to remove the caliper kept slipping on a bolt head so ima have to push that off for the time being.

Attachments

·
Registered
883 Posts
Essentially the first day driving the 6spd to work and I'm loving it already. It's super easy to get going in econ mode and sport mode is an absolute blast with that SC. Last time I drove a manual transmission was like more then 12 years ago so this is an accomplishment for sure.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Essentially the first day driving the 6spd to work and I'm loving it already. It's super easy to get going in econ mode and sport mode is an absolute blast with that SC. Last time I drove a manual transmission was like more then 12 years ago so this is an accomplishment for sure.
Like riding a supercharged bike!😁

·
Registered
883 Posts
Alot of work done today. Finally got some wilwood brakes on the car today. Just need to bed then in. Went with solid rotors and BP-10 pads for now. Have some BP-20 pads I'll pair with some slotted rotors for when I head out to the dragon. Funny thing I noticed about the 16 is the rotors are about 1mm larger then the rotors on an 11.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
found the source of the clunk in my suspension - loose pillowball mount, and a lost setscrew.

Got them cleaned out and sprayed some white lithium grease in the top mount. I've been working with a local guy to make some dust covers for these, so I swapped the prototypes out for the production ready version after, and hopefully preserve the pillowballs a bit better

·
Registered
883 Posts
Man was I killing it on those MPG's today. I got very close to Prius level MPG... And I hit 2 spots of rush hour traffic the whole way in sport mode.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Got my "Canadian" washer tank in the mail today. It came bare with nothing extra. Not sure what will transfer over from mine and not sure what extra fittings I'll need to make it fit on my CRZ but.... Will add capacity for my water meth kit. Had a hard time tracking down the washer tank but it was worth it.

Reactions: litz and Eddie70

·
Registered
883 Posts
Say what now?
I'm running a snow performance meth kit in prep of putting my smaller 70mm pulley on the Sprintex. Will up the boost from 8psi to about 12psi along with the ported lower mani and ported intake elbow. I need water meth to keep from heatsoaking.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Bought some extra left over wraps from my local wrap shop & also bought a 15ft metallic yellow I’m going to have installed on the bumper & fenders and try to do a 2 tone look.

Not perfect since I did this randomly at work during my break & lunch. I used my little portable heater and box cutter to cut the wrap. If only I had sand paper with me to smooth out the lumps and scratches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I'm running a snow performance meth kit in prep of putting my smaller 70mm pulley on the Sprintex. Will up the boost from 8psi to about 12psi along with the ported lower mani and ported intake elbow. I need water meth to keep from heatsoaking.
I must be getting old. I thought you turned your car into a tweaker. 😄

·
Registered
883 Posts
I must be getting old. I thought you turned your car into a tweaker.
I had an 11 CVT that I sold to someone in exchange for his 16 with a 6spd plus cash. This one has a Sprintex and water meth installed on it currently.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Housemate had a progress sway bar that was to go on his 15 CVT but he sold it before installing so... Spent today with help installing it on the car. It actually wasn't too bad installing it. Will trim the wind deflectors and get new lush clips and reinstall them later.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
gave it a good deep wash... and just now noticed the "graphite" dash bezel wasn't black like the rest of the dash.

5+ years of owning it and I just now noticed... it's like a deep blue metallic color..

I must be getting old. I thought you turned your car into a tweaker. 😄
I mean... someone did tweak the car :D

9041 - 9060 of 9101 Posts