Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

8961 - 8980 of 8987 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts

There's also these if you're looking to firm up the rear end.
Thanks for the links I didn't know they made those collars for the rear.

Never had interest in the front collars as unbolting the subframe like that can alter the alignment. You can change the caster a bit by shifting the subframe as well so restricting the movement would negate that small but useful adjustment option.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Thanks for the links I didn't know they made those collars for the rear.

Never had interest in the front collars as unbolting the subframe like that can alter the alignment. You can change the caster a bit by shifting the subframe as well so restricting the movement would negate that small but useful adjustment option.
For what it's worth when I replaced my subframe it didn't impact the alignment too badly. not really enough to be noticable when driving, but enough to justify taking it to the alignment shop.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
For what it's worth when I replaced my subframe it didn't impact the alignment too badly. not really enough to be noticable when driving, but enough to justify taking it to the alignment shop.
Thanks for the info thats good to know!

Does anyone know what changed in the front lower control arms between the 11-12 and 13+. The knuckles appear to be the same and I recall talk about the differential/axles being different but is there any info about the LCA differences?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Thanks for the info thats good to know!

Does anyone know what changed in the front lower control arms between the 11-12 and 13+. The knuckles appear to be the same and I recall talk about the differential/axles being different but is there any info about the LCA differences?
the differences in part number are at the level where they should be backwards compatible. Not sure I'd want to be the one betting money on them being interchangeable though.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
the differences in part number are at the level where they should be backwards compatible. Not sure I'd want to be the one betting money on them being interchangeable though.
Exactly. I could however order a 13+ LCA from local parts counter (they are really nice) and take one of my OEM 11s that are off the car and compare through the pink plastic bag they come in, or order the cheapo one on Rock Auto (and then have a blast dealing with their circuitous return process after comparison). The fact that other parts that connect to them are the same across all years does point to compatibility like you said so wondering if it was just a bushing change.

Some fit owners have swapped to the aluminum Insight LCAs and the front lower subframe is the same from the GE8/ZF1 and 10-14 Insight.

·
Registered
2011 CR-Z EX CVT
30 Posts
So been a bit lazy with the pictures but over the weekend I got a new radio install like that one person I am blanking on posted in one of the facebook groups from AliExpress:
COHO For Honda CR-Z/CRZ Android 10.0 8-Core 6+128G Navegador Car Multimedia Player Auto Radio Screen

Overall it's an improvement over what I had before, certainly fits better and is way more responsive and higher screen quality/resolution.

Also got new set of tires (was tired of the mismatched pair and was having some traction issues in the rain), Continental Control Contact Sport SRS, so far I like them way better than what I had, the ride feels better and sounds better.
Hey I’d love to see pics of this radio? Also a small write up on how straight forward it was/ what else had to be bought if that’s not too much trouble?
im very interested in this mod

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hey I’d love to see pics of this radio? Also a small write up on how straight forward it was/ what else had to be bought if that’s not too much trouble?
im very interested in this mod
IMG_20210411_140510[1].jpg

IMG_20210411_140526[2].jpg

Afaik, install was really straight forward but I don't have any details on it as I took it to a place. Ohh one issue (which I knew about before buying) was the hazard and passenger airbag have to be modified to fit if installing on a non-nav model. Also the screen is a smudge magnet as you can probably see and has a blue-ish/purple edge color (supposedly to help with glare).

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
555 Posts
has a blue-ish/purple edge color (supposedly to help with glare).
I did notice that, probably the 'Blu Ray' screen lol. Mone doesnt have that, but frankly it doesn't need it as the reflection I get is from the black roof

·
Registered
280 Posts
View attachment 63839

View attachment 63840

Afaik, install was really straight forward but I don't have any details on it as I took it to a place. Ohh one issue (which I knew about before buying) was the hazard and passenger airbag have to be modified to fit if installing on a non-nav model. Also the screen is a smudge magnet as you can probably see and has a blue-ish/purple edge color (supposedly to help with glare).
Very nice! Do the OEM subwoofer and steering wheels controls still work?

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
555 Posts
Very nice! Do the OEM subwoofer and steering wheels controls still work?
Not sure about the sub, i have a base model. The steering wheel controls worked perfectly out of the box

·
Registered
54 Posts
View attachment 63839

View attachment 63840

Ohh one issue (which I knew about before buying) was the hazard and passenger airbag have to be modified to fit if installing on a non-nav model.
From an outer look at least there doesn't seem to be a difference with the buttons in a Navi version as it isn't integrated into the head unit.

·
Registered
280 Posts
US EX's ( or at least my 2013) have the LED DRLs.
Cool! I didn’t know that. However, not the same as EU-spec, since the LEDs don’t go across the full width of the headlight unit. So Honda made at least 3 types of headlights, including the no-LED variant.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
555 Posts
Did US CR-Zs come with LED DRLs or is that the wiring project you are talking about?
Only 2013 and newer EX models had them. All 2011-2012, as well as all the base models for all years have no LED DRLs, sadly.

Reactions: TNThomas

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Honda Motor Company Executive 1: Hey do we have like a low-stock alert system thingy to monitor the supply and availability of parts for the cars... that we've already sold?

Honda Motor Company Executive 2: Uhh, what heck are you talking about?

Honda Motor Company Executive 1: You know like when the availability of certain specific and critical parts gets to a certain point we redistribute parts from one place to another for example or manufacture more of said part before the supply completely runs out?

Honda Motor Company Executive 2: No. Why hell would we do that. Stop asking questions. We only care about selling new cars, the ones already out there can get ****ed!

8961 - 8980 of 8987 Posts