Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

8941 - 8960 of 8987 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I finally got around to wiring up my auxiliary fuse box as well as finding a place in the car to put it. Turns out there's a good bit of void space next to the steering column up in the dash. got to fab a couple brackets to offset it and clear the TPMS receiver.

Also a massive void outboard of the glovebox, if you're looking for somewhere to stash a fire extinguisher sized tank...

@nwkcrz not sure I would have turned the front wheels for that.. I just pulled the wheel off to rotate the crank, :LOL:
What do you mean by crank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
He probably means crankshaft
Guess he didn’t look at the captions on top of the photos.. lol the wheels were turned so he could do the brake flush job.. lol I’m not going to question my friend on how to do his job when he’s been doing it for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Guess he didn’t look at the captions on top of the photos.. lol the wheels were turned so he could do the brake flush job.. lol I’m not going to question my friend on how to do his job when he’s been doing it for years.
this is what I was talking about.

There is no part of the brake fluid flush procedure that uses that tool in that location, but that is exactly where that tool is when you're rotating the crankshaft as part of the valve adjustment.

I'm not saying anything your mechanic did was wrong, just that I took the wheel off to get that tool in there when I did the valve adjustment.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
555 Posts

Got new wheels and tires installed today and I couldn't be happier! They really fit the car nicely and look like 9999x better than the giant wheels with stretched tires that poked out, in my opinion.

Handling isn't as nice, tho. It's still great, but I'm guessing that the fact that the old tires were lower profile and also stretched a bit made them not deform at all, giving the car very responsive steering. It almost felt like a video game.

·
Registered
280 Posts
View attachment 63727

Got new wheels and tires installed today and I couldn't be happier! They really fit the car nicely and look like 9999x better than the giant wheels with stretched tires that poked out, in my opinion.

Handling isn't as nice, tho. It's still great, but I'm guessing that the fact that the old tires were lower profile and also stretched a bit made them not deform at all, giving the car very responsive steering. It almost felt like a video game.
Looks very nice! These wheels remind me of the wheels on a Toyota C-HR, which is a positive thing! :)

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
555 Posts
Looks very nice! These wheels remind me of the wheels on a Toyota C-HR, which is a positive thing! :)

View attachment 63728
LOL yeah they're bootleg CHR wheels, basically. I did consider CHR wheels, but they are 18" (I wanted 17") and I thought they didn't fit, for some reason. They do, though.

Reactions: TNThomas

·
Registered
838 Posts
Got my driver's side extended view mirror in the mail yesterday. It's in pretty good shape. Install was easy. Just three nuts and the original came out.

Reactions: Eddie70

·
Registered
2011 CR-Z EX CVT
30 Posts
aproaching 170k, decided to change my cvt fluid and filter. Sure am glad I did it now.
The plug was nasty and the old cvtf came out black 😬

spark plugs going in tomorrow and checking valve clearances this weekend

noticed a significant improvement in acceleration and less rubber-banding effect after the change!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Pull your plugs, then set your valves, then install your new plugs. I did mine late last fall probably around 160k miles on the car. The plugs were discolored but the car still ran fine. I can't tell a difference in the performance of the car since I adjusted the valve but there were some that were on the looser side of the tolerance. I set all valves on the middle of their tolerance. Good luck and enjoy the money you saved from paying the dealer to do the job. I saw one estimate posted on here, $600 for plugs and $1200 for valves!!

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
555 Posts
Pull your plugs, then set your valves, then install your new plugs. I did mine late last fall probably around 160k miles on the car. The plugs were discolored but the car still ran fine. I can't tell a difference in the performance of the car since I adjusted the valve but there were some that were on the looser side of the tolerance. I set all valves on the middle of their tolerance. Good luck and enjoy the money you saved from paying the dealer to do the job. I saw one estimate posted on here, $600 for plugs and $1200 for valves!!
In fairness, the plugs are a bit tedious to get to. I just checked one cuz I didn't have the patience to do all 4. Still, $600 is ridiculous.

Reactions: Eddie70 and Fediej

·
Registered
838 Posts
Just installed my rear rigid collars today. Took about 30 minutes to install because the driver's side was being difficult. Car handles so much better with these installed.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
555 Posts
Just installed my rear rigid collars today. Took about 30 minutes to install because the driver's side was being difficult. Car handles so much better with these installed.
What do those do? Do they allow for more adjustment or something?

·
Registered
458 Posts
So been a bit lazy with the pictures but over the weekend I got a new radio install like that one person I am blanking on posted in one of the facebook groups from AliExpress:
COHO For Honda CR-Z/CRZ Android 10.0 8-Core 6+128G Navegador Car Multimedia Player Auto Radio Screen

Overall it's an improvement over what I had before, certainly fits better and is way more responsive and higher screen quality/resolution.

Also got new set of tires (was tired of the mismatched pair and was having some traction issues in the rain), Continental Control Contact Sport SRS, so far I like them way better than what I had, the ride feels better and sounds better.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Did some wiring pre-work to get ready for my big projects in the engine bay. I've now got a wiring loom running from the engine bay to the footwell. no wires in it though yet.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
555 Posts

Found a great deal on a bike and bought it on the spot. It was tricky, but I did manage to fit it in without any disassembly at all. This car's size is quite deceptive

·
Registered
838 Posts
View attachment 63760

Found a great deal on a bike and bought it on the spot. It was tricky, but I did manage to fit it in without any disassembly at all. This car's size is quite deceptive
I fit a whole electric push mower in the back trunk once.

Reactions: Shrkb8
8941 - 8960 of 8987 Posts