Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

8921 - 8940 of 8987 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Speaking of service costs I just spent $631.76 for the B123 Service + 50,000mi top end clean + 4 wheel alignment.

·
Registered
2012 EX
47 Posts
Swapped out the under dash floor light. Like maybe 2 minutes.
Took apart the stock radio and swapped the bad CD player with one from a donor.
Wrapped center trim piece under radio with carbon look vinyl.
Watching it pour rain.... again !!!

20210327_130417.jpg

·
Registered
458 Posts
Swapped out the under dash floor light. Like maybe 2 minutes.
Took apart the stock radio and swapped the bad CD player with one from a donor.
Wrapped center trim piece under radio with carbon look vinyl.
Watching it pour rain.... again !!!

View attachment 63689
Yeah, NC here as well!

Reactions: Z Grey Shark

·
Super Moderator
6,854 Posts
Not so sure I believe all the hype about a top end clean considering Honda states car needs no additives. Rear axle is not align-able. So you paid for work that cannot be done. That is why many have had to replace the rear beam. The 2 filters are 15 minutes to do it yourself and less than $40 even if you get the carbon cabin filter. I change those yearly with all my wiper blades. MT or CVT if CVT did you have filter for the transmission fluid replaced? It is part of the radiator and can be seen from the back look for the 2 small lines as part of the CVT cooler and many dealers do not know it exists. It is listed as a radiator part. On tire rotation front to back or cross rotate? Re-Torque on your lug nuts. Did you have brake fluid drained , filled, and bled? I have that done every two years. Did they replace the canister for the tire goop( if you have a 2013 and up with no spare)?

But your car your money your choices.

Speaking of service costs I just spent $631.76 for the B123 Service + 50,000mi top end clean + 4 wheel alignment.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Not so sure I believe all the hype about a top end clean considering Honda states car needs no additives. Rear axle is not align-able. So you paid for work that cannot be done. That is why many have had to replace the rear beam. The 2 filters are 15 minutes to do it yourself and less than $40 even if you get the carbon cabin filter. I change those yearly with all my wiper blades. MT or CVT if CVT did you have filter for the transmission fluid replaced? It is on the back of the radiator as part of the CVT cooler and many dealers do no0t know it exists it is listed as a radiator part. On tire rotation front to back or cross rotate? Check the Torque on your lug nuts. Did you have brake fluid drained , filled, and bled? I have that done every two years. Did they replace the canister for the tire goop( if you have a 2013 and up with no spare)?

But your car your money your choices.
Can I steal you for my car service? It's more a matter of not knowing what I am doing and fear of fucking it up that prevents me from doing it myself.

·
Super Moderator
6,854 Posts
The filters are super easy to replace same with wiper blades the rest I do have the dealer or other trusted place do and I never accept any service not listed in the owners manual they are all as my Dad used to say mouse milk. It is not a matter of doing it yourself but a matter of knowing and not allowing them to pad the bill for things you can do yourself or that are simply not needed. On my 77+K car the transmission fluid ,coolant and brake fluid has been done 3 times. The CVT filter 2 times and the tires(3rd set of tires since purchase second set of the Pirelli p7 Cinturato )when needed are cross rotated then in the parking lot I loosen and re-torque the wheels with my Breaker bar and Torque wrench and then a week or 50 miles later re-tighten to specification. This is to counter them going in a circle and not cross tightening them which prevents the rotors from getting warped. All of this I have personally mentioned multiple times in this forum whenever maintenance of our cars is mentioned and I learned about that transmission filter on this forum.

I also learned on this forum the rear is not align-able. Therefore no 4 wheel alignment can be done and if it is out you have to replace the rear beam.

Now you know!

Filter and wiper blade changing directions are in your owners manual and require no tools. You may need a small flat bladed screw driver depending on what blades you have on the car now. I replace the whole blade (Upgraded to beam type) but you can just get refils.

What did they charge you just for the 2 filters? Did they replace the transmission cooling filter or do you have an MT?

Can I steal you for my car service? It's more a matter of not knowing what I am doing and fear of fucking it up that prevents me from doing it myself.

·
Super Moderator
6,854 Posts
I just finished washing The Speed Bump with the Hydroshot and the 2 buckets etc . I have probably now guaranteed it will rain!

·
Registered
458 Posts
The filters are super easy to replace same with wiper blades the rest I do have the dealer or other trusted place do and I never accept any service not listed in the owners manual they are all as my Dad used to say mouse milk. It is not a matter of doing it yourself but a matter of knowing and not allowing them to pad the bill for things you can do yourself. on my 77+K car the transmission fluid ,coolant and brake fluid has been done 3 times. The CVT filter 2 times and the tires when needed are cross rotated then in the parking lot I loosen and re-torque the wheels with my Breaker bar and Torque wrench and then a week or 50 miles later re-tighten to specification. This is to counter them going in a circle and not cross tightening them which prevents the rotors from getting warped. All of this I have personally mentioned multiple times in this forum whenever maintenance of our cars is mentioned and I learned about that transmission filter on this forum.

I also learned on this forum the rear is not align-able. Therefore no 4 wheel alignment can be done and if it is out you have to replace the rear beam.

Now you know!

Filter and wiper blade changing directions are in your owners manual and require no tools. You may need a small flat bladed screw driver depending on what blades you have on the car now. I replace the whole blade (Upgraded to beam type) but you can just get refils.

What did they charge you just for the 2 filters? Did they replace the transmission cooling filter or do you have an MT?
Oil Filter $7.30
Cabin Filter $36.48 - Labor $32.07

I have CVT, no mention of filter just service and fluid.

I did know the rear couldn't be done forgot to specify that, front needed alignment though and that was $84.99.

Does state that the wheels were cross rotated and balanced.

·
Super Moderator
6,854 Posts
Full Synthetic oil or Blend? I presume 0W20. Mine was converted to Full synthetic at first oil change and most dealers only have full synthetic but you have to ask.
If not mentioned then that filter was not replaced. As I stated most dealers do not know it exists. @litz mentioned it and I added it to my notes for The Speed Bump
Most dealers if you do not specify only rotate front to rear I am glad yours got cross rotated. Make a mark (number) on your tires so you can verify and keep track.
From my Amazon records I bought the following(multiple times) note what i paid versus what you paid and of course my labor is free but I may have had shipping( most of my Amazon orders shipping is free). Sometimes I order from RockAuto and pay shipping for similar items.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EAOIRI4/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 13.97
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I8IOT4E/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1 $10.85
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BYAXLU/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1 $12.86
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BAIXTS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 $12.90 ( Times 2 as an upgrade for rear)

That labor for the cabin filter is outrageous for something that takes 5 minutes. For the engine air filter what did they charge?
Please promise me in the future you will replace the items above yourself.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Full Synthetic oil or Blend? I presume 0W20
From my Amazon records I bought the following
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EAOIRI4/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=113.97
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I8IOT4E/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1 $10.85
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BYAXLU/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1 $12.86
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BAIXTS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 $12.90 ( Times 2 as an upgrade for rear)

That labor for the cabin filter is outrageous for something that takes 5 minutes. For the engine air filter what did they charge?
Please promise me in the future you will replace the items above yourself.
Yea 0W20 Full Synthetic, as for labor cost don't know it was included in the oil change and "multi-point inspection" which all total was ($26.62 parts / $63.93 labor).

Sure I will promise, as long as you promise to grill me if I forget :p

·
Super Moderator
6,854 Posts
Multi-point inspection is free. I just had one on Friday for the coolant, under hood battery and shock situation I mentioned.

Still do not know what they charged you for the engine air filter, was it replaced?

I will Grill you like a fish and remind you that you told me to! :LOL:

The above detailed posting will help you remember.

Yea 0W20 Full Synthetic, as for labor cost don't know it was included in the oil change and "multi-point inspection" which all total was ($26.62 parts / $63.93 labor).

Sure I will promise, as long as you promise to grill me if I forget :p

·
Registered
458 Posts
Multi-point inspection is free. I just had one on Friday for the coolant, under hood battery and shock situation I mentioned.

Still do not know what they charged you for the engine air filter, was it replaced?

I will Grill you like a fish and remind you that you told me to! :LOL:

The above detailed posting will help you remember.
And I know full well I was paying for not having to do it myself. My original post about it wasn't meant as a complaint.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I got my 100k mile service today from my friend who works at Honda. I still need to bring it in again on Thursday for the serpentine/drive belt since it doesn’t arrive until Tuesday. I spent $600 for everything listed below

What he did with all Genuine Honda Fluids etc for the service.

Throttle body service
Valve adjust
Coolant
Brake fluid flush
Cvt fluid
Spark plugs

He sent me a few snaps while working on it.

Brake fluid flush

Valve Adjustment/Throttle cleaning

Coolant flush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,854 Posts
Just gives us an opportunity to Educate you for next time. Don't forget Brake Fluid flush, fill and bleed, it is the only fluid left that would need to be changed and should be done every 2 years to avoid it absorbing water.

Do not ever accept any additional services not listed in the Service History book unless you have a specific problem and more than one place mentions the solution.

The exception to the minder is changing the fluids more often and of course wiper blades and the 2 filters I mentioned.

And I know full well I was paying for not having to do it myself. My original post about it wasn't meant as a complaint.

·
Super Moderator
6,854 Posts
For the 100k that sounds about right. Did he replace the inline filter for the CVT that is actually listed as a radiator part? Did it really need the throttle body service? Were the valves noisy? At 100k I would expect that to be needed though same as Spark plugs.

Amazing your 100k service was less than the 50 K service above.

I got my 100k mile service today from my friend who works at Honda. I still need to bring it in again on Thursday for the serpentine/drive belt since it doesn’t arrive until Tuesday. I spent $600 for everything listed below

What he did with all Genuine Honda Fluids etc for the service.

Throttle body service
Valve adjust
Coolant
Brake fluid flush
Cvt fluid
Spark plugs

He sent me a few snaps while working on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
For the 100k that sounds about right. Did he replace the inline filter for the CVT that is actually listed as a radiator part? Did it really need the throttle body service? Were the valves noisy? At 100k I would expect that to be needed though same as Spark plugs.

Amazing your 100k service was less than the 50 K service above.
It’s definitely right. The car feels amazing like how I first got it. At first didn’t need it cause I did that last year but after all the all the driving I do,Yes it did need a throttle body service. It was super gunky. 600 flat for everything. I’m not going to say what his position is at work but he did the whole 9. I saved A LOT of money. I actually used my stimulus money so I’m not really at a lost with my personal money.

Remember when I posted this?
That dealership wanted $1200–$1300 so I got all those services done vs what’s listed below and they totally messed up cause we don’t have timing belts lmao

I had to go check real quick so I drove to that Honda location they quoted $1395. Just for service A4.

·
Super Moderator
6,854 Posts
I had not remembered but glad you did not get ripped off. That is a huge number for an A4 especially since things were listed that do not exist kind of like the 4 wheel alignment mentioned previously.

Was the filter @litz clued us in on replaced?

As for using stimulus unfortunately due to my financial situation mine is going towards my standard expenses nothing extra. IMHO there should not be any extra just like you should not get a tax refund. I am glad the stimulus happened but it should have been more targeted. A relative of mine who is retired has said that with her situation none of the stimulus was needed and she thinks some who got it like her should not have.

I forget did you tell us the estimate and we clued you in that there is no timing belt?

It’s definitely right. The car feels amazing like how I first got it. At first didn’t need it cause I did that last year but after all the all the driving I do,Yes it did need a throttle body service. It was super gunky. 600 flat for everything. I’m not going to say what his position is at work but he did the whole 9. I saved A LOT of money. I actually used my stimulus money so I’m not really at a lost with my personal money.

Remember when I posted this?
That dealership wanted $1200–$1300 so I got all those services done vs what’s listed below and they totally messed up cause we don’t have timing belts lmao

I had to go check real quick so I drove to that Honda location they quoted $1395. Just for service A4.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I finally got around to wiring up my auxiliary fuse box as well as finding a place in the car to put it. Turns out there's a good bit of void space next to the steering column up in the dash. got to fab a couple brackets to offset it and clear the TPMS receiver.

Also a massive void outboard of the glovebox, if you're looking for somewhere to stash a fire extinguisher sized tank...

@nwkcrz not sure I would have turned the front wheels for that.. I just pulled the wheel off to rotate the crank, :LOL:

·
Registered
838 Posts
Finally got my CRZ back on the road today. Took her in for an alignment. Camber was mostly still good but toe was way off on both sides. One of the techs said my car has too much power for just an "exhaust" mod until he opened the hood.

8921 - 8940 of 8987 Posts