Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

8761 - 8780 of 8783 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
The charger is a good idea if you have a place to plug it in. Unfortunately I don't. I have solar panels on my other vehicles but not on the Z, maybe later on. But I do have the jumper box so I can get it going if the battery runs down.

·
Super Moderator
6,490 Posts
Try a different source like RockAuto but rebuilding them yourself sounds like a better process. All the parts you would need are at Rockauto too.

I have had no issues with Brake calipers on The Speed Bump at all and am only on the second set of pads and rotors the car has ever had since I bought it new. Calipers are OEM. anything rusting or damaged bothers me too!

Thanks sir Bump. So far not a fan of the reman calipers. On the 2nd set as first ones kept weeping around the bleeder screws. One was even leaking and dripping from the piston seal, so swapped them out. Those also rusted in just 3-4 weeks. To the point of getting a used set and re sealing them myself. Had many Hondas since the mide 80's and after literally well over a million miles of road use, never had any calipers rust on the surface as these reman units have. Suppose it is due to how they supposedly "tumble " cleaned and refinihsed them. Not a vain man, but the rusty calipers are just unsettling to me.

·
Super Moderator
6,490 Posts
I bought a few years ago a Bolt Power Lithium Jump Starter and I make sure to charge it once a quarter. Being January 1 I should bring it up to the apartment and charge it. It has never needed to be used and always shows full charge but the manual for it says to charge it once a quarter. It lives in a case in the bin behind my passenger seat with other emergency items.

The charger is a good idea if you have a place to plug it in. Unfortunately I don't. I have solar panels on my other vehicles but not on the Z, maybe later on. But I do have the jumper box so I can get it going if the battery runs down.

·
Registered
2012 EX
24 Posts
Try a different source like RockAuto but rebuilding them yourself sounds like a better process. All the parts you would need are at Rockauto too.
Yerp, is the current plan for a used set. (y)

Reactions: Spdbump

·
Registered
89 Posts
I bought a few years ago a Bolt Power Lithium Jump Starter and I make sure to charge it once a quarter. Being January 1 I should bring it up to the apartment and charge it. It has never needed to be used and always shows full charge but the manual for it says to charge it once a quarter. It lives in a case in the bin behind my passenger seat with other emergency items.
Hm maybe I'll check mine later. It holds a charge very well, I've only plugged it in a few times to top it off.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Hm maybe I'll check mine later. It holds a charge very well, I've only plugged it in a few times to top it off.
Mine was sitting in the back of my car for a couple of years (without charging/recharging,) 12v battery went dead a few months ago because I left my parking lights on, and to my amazement, the boost/charger pack gave me enough juice to start the car right away.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Saturday last week I finally changed out my belt on the Sprintex with the correct size. Tensioner mark sits exactly in the middle instead of all the way past the tightest mark. Belt went on this time without a fuss. I have 2 more spare belts gratis of Litz along with his custom spacer and MAP plug. I plan to find a machine shop to port the lower manifold and intake elbow restrictor to hopefully get maybe an extra 1psi boost. That should wake the car up just a lil more.

Reactions: Shrkb8 and ZeusZore

·
Registered
788 Posts
Finally got my whole remote start system installed. Long range remote even reaches from one side of the Walmart parking lot to the other side. No wire splicing required with this kit.

·
Registered
2011 CR-Z EX CVT
17 Posts
Finally got my whole remote start system installed. Long range remote even reaches from one side of the Walmart parking lot to the other side. No wire splicing required with this kit.
That’s awesome! I’ve been thinking about a remote start system for my build, do you have a link to the system you bought?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Do you know if this remote will work on the 2016 push to start?

·
Registered
788 Posts
That’s awesome! I’ve been thinking about a remote start system for my build, do you have a link to the system you bought?

It's mostly plug and play except for the parking and horn wires. It only works with 11-15 and only works on CVT's.

Reactions: BLU CIVIC

·
Registered
788 Posts
Do you know if this remote will work on the 2016 push to start?
The website says specifically only key start no push button start.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
462 Posts
Wow, I had no idea this existed, I'll definitely look into it!

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
462 Posts
I bought a replacement 12v battery since the one I have is very dead. The voltage drops to about 10v after the car sits for just a few minutes. Before removing it, I dedided to test how far I could drain it before the car wouldn't start, and to see if anything weird happened. I made a video which ended up being way longer than I anticipated, so its understandable most of you won't watch it, but what I found is that

1. The 12v system is far more resilient that I thought. Even after 20 minutes of trying to drain a damaged battery the car started with 0 problems whatsoever.

2. Buying a 51R battery is probably better as they seem to be cheaper and more readily available than the 151R battery the car comes with.

Reactions: Fediej and mimier

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have the Compustar T12 alarm 3 mile range and I have yet to try it out. I’ll give it a try when the weather is nice but the drone mobile app with the drone module works fine from anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8761 - 8780 of 8783 Posts