Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

8681 - 8695 of 8695 Posts

·
Registered
CR-Z 2012 storm silver
69 Posts
Ordered plugs and valve cover gasket. I am at 166k miles. As far as I know, original plugs and no valve adjustment ever done. I have not done it. I may go after the coolant also since I have no idea when it was changed either.
Sounds like a really good idea, too all of the above. 👍🏻 It will maybe even help you gas economy . Since it has never been done before.
Remember to do a reset and idle learn. When done.

·
Super Moderator
6,306 Posts
Lots of threads for that and adding electric motors to the rear axle. All is fantasy and thought discussions and not one person has done anything other than the current thread talking about adding batteries and conversion to LI-ION(Converting my Nimh CRZ to Lithium and boosting IMA...). In the long run if you want a 100% electric car there are many off the shelf cars you can buy(Tesla Model 3 $40K, Nissan Leaf $31,600, Mini Cooper $30,750 and others). There are many companies that now exist to convert all kinds of vehicles to 100% electric successfully so there are more supplies available if you decide to do this or have it done. The costs to make a one off from scratch is extreme and makes it something special that won't meet requirements like insurance, inspection, etc.

But if you can do it like @Fediej says go ahead and hack the hell out of your CR-Z and have fun.

Here is a quick search from this forum on the topic of conversion to full electric:

1. Search for the threads pertaining to this subject(it has been brought up b4)
2. If you think you can do it, than do it! But either continue one of those threads that you searched or start your own. Unless you already did the conversion, than that counts for this thread. 😁

·
Super Moderator
6,306 Posts
May not need the reset and the Idle relearn. Mine has had all fluids replaced ( some multiple times), all air filters replaced yearly along with wiper blades. As I just hit 76K miles I see no reason to change plugs or coils yet. I will wait on that till the Minder tells me. If you do Transmission fluid do not forget the inline filter which is listed as part of the radiator.

Sounds like a really good idea, too all of the above. 👍🏻 It will maybe even help you gas economy . Since it has never been done before.
Remember to do a reset and idle learn. When done.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Replaced the under hood battery today, yesterday I went to the dealership to see if it was still under warranty but left after waiting two hours for a technician to look at it. As I sat there waiting I listened to the technicians up selling stuff that is not required. The worst person after a used car salesman is a service technician. No offense to anyone here. Just went to my nearest AutoZone this morning and had it replaced.
15 minutes tops!

Reactions: Spdbump

·
Registered
252 Posts
I ran up to Honda and got two gallons of Type 2 coolant. The hardest part about that job was finding the engine drain plug. I think I've got it burped and ready to roll. I'll know tomorrow. I have a doctors appointment about 25 miles away. I'll check the level tomorrow before I leave and top it off if needed.

If you do coolant do not forget the inline filter which is listed as part of the radiator.
What is this coolant filter you speak of and where is it located?

·
Super Moderator
6,306 Posts
I would have had my 10 MM wrench in the car walk in with battery have them load test walk out with new one install and drive away.

Replaced the under hood battery today, yesterday I went to the dealership to see if it was still under warranty but left after waiting two hours for a technician to look at it. As I sat there waiting I listened to the technicians up selling stuff that is not required. The worst person after a used car salesman is a service technician. No offense to anyone here. Just went to my nearest AutoZone this morning and had it replaced.
15 minutes tops!

·
Super Moderator
6,306 Posts
There is an inline filter for the transmission(CVT) not the coolant. I typed the wrong information. This inline filter is on the back of the radiator and is on the line for the transmission cooler which is a separate part but built into the radiator. Mea Culpa I was typing fast and messed up. It is listed as a radiator part.

I ran up to Honda and got two gallons of Type 2 coolant. The hardest part about that job was finding the engine drain plug. I think I've got it burped and ready to roll. I'll know tomorrow. I have a doctors appointment about 25 miles away. I'll check the level tomorrow before I leave and top it off if needed.

What is this coolant filter you speak of and where is it located?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Back to OEM wheels since winter is arriving in a month. Could possibly deal with crazy rain & snow (maybe). I don’t want to keep driving on my Advan RGII’s since it’s discontinued & 12 years old so anything can happen. Rather keep it in one piece during the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
Back to OEM wheels since winter is arriving in a month. Could possibly deal with crazy rain & snow (maybe). I don’t want to keep driving on my Advan RGII’s since it’s discontinued & 12 years old so anything can happen. Rather keep it in one piece during the winter.

While putting away the wheels.. I found a nail.. Guess this is the reason why I had 11 PSI earlier today on my rear driver side

·
Registered
252 Posts
So far this week, I changed the brake fluid all around. Changed the coolant. Changed the spark plugs with a set of REAL NGK plugs. Set the valve clearance. Cleaned the throttle body and intake. Cleaned the EGR as best as I could. After all of that, it did start up and run after the fact. I only ran it long enough to get the car to back up so I could pull the wheel chocks out. Should be good on maintenance items until the next oil change for a while.

8681 - 8695 of 8695 Posts