·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
429 Posts
Reactions: CRZY RED

·
Super Moderator
6,306 Posts
The Speed Bump got a quick wash with the 10 Gallon bucket of water and the Worx Hydroshot ( Yes, I have the soap dispenser tool , a good microfiber sponge and an XL Absorber) , cleaned the exterior glass and washed the Weathertech Floor Liners. If I get ambitious I may treat the exterior glass and lights with Rain-X and clean the interior glass with Stoner Invisible Glass tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
6,306 Posts
Always has a few(even for earlier years) and https://www.hondapartsnow.com/ has for most years molded in your color. Sometimes they have primed and ready for paint. RockAuto sometimes has them primed ready for paint but check for your year. Have sometimes seen some Honda parts by part number on Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more

Nice score on the rear diffuser. That looks awesome.

I have been watching my Craigslist for a front bumper. Mine has a tear in it that keeps growing.....

·
Registered
117 Posts
Oil change today with a discount. Usually it’s like $65 after tax but only paid 30.61. Thanks to the service staff at Honda for adding the coupon I didn’t know about.

I thought the CRZ doesn’t have a timing belt? But timing chain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
429 Posts
Oil change today with a discount. Usually it’s like $65 after tax but only paid 30.61. Thanks to the service staff at Honda for adding the coupon I didn’t know about.

I thought the CRZ doesn’t have a timing belt? But timing chain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow. $625 for spark plugs is grotesque, given that they're not too hard to access, Also, the CR-Z does NOT have a timing belt if I recall correctly. And valve adjustment for a car that's less than 7 years old? Seems like you're being up-sold for no reason. Shitty practices.

Reactions: nwkcrz

·
Registered
252 Posts
Wow. $625 for spark plugs is grotesque, given that they're not too hard to access, Also, the CR-Z does NOT have a timing belt if I recall correctly. And valve adjustment for a car that's less than 7 years old? Seems like you're being up-sold for no reason. Shitty practices.
He just got the oil change. Those are prices they are hoping to sell him by telling him it looks like it is time to do these things. $2500!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
He just got the oil change. Those are prices they are hoping to sell him by telling him it looks like it is time to do these things. $2500!!
I’m definitely not falling for it, they tried to get me on the CVT fluid change again when I just did that a couple oil changes ago.

I plan on doing more research & have a friend who works at a different Honda to take a look on the spark plugs, valve adjustment, & timing chain before I take it in some day. Welcome to WA prices

Valve adjustments er milage based. Not time.
I got the car at 78k miles and now it’s at 96k miles. 100k service soon.

·
Super Moderator
6,306 Posts
Look at the Service History Book if you have it or the owners manual for what gets changed when . Since you have a US car the Minder will tell you what to change when and for items it does not monitor the service history book will tell you the other items that are mileage based. We have a timing chain. That dealer is using the wrong document and it is based on the wrong vehicle and that is being generous.

Minder code for spark plugs is 4, Idle speed check at 160K, Valves at codes A, B, 1, 2, or 3, if noisy. So it is neither time nor mileage it is based on if they are noisy.

Attached is what is listed in the Service History book for each of the codes the minder tells you and the Mileage ones. I have a spare copy of the book for the future. You can buy all the glove compartment books here Honda CR-Z

I hate these attempted ripoffs and if they were the ones that did the CVT fluid they they should know it is not due. Valve adjustment is expensive because of the time that is needed to do it. How are they going to replace a timing belt in a car that has a chain with no replacement interval? I think to replace the plugs should take maybe an hour of shop time? Their numbers as I said being generous are based on a different car so anything they suggest is suspect. I go only by the book. With brake fluid changes more often and I had all the other fluids done early. But it was my choice not suggested.

Attachments

·
Registered
CR-Z 2012 storm silver
69 Posts
Yes agreed, but upon minder four 4, check when cold, = with feeler blade inside the valve cover. When car is cold.
And also if they are noise under all other inspection numbers etc. A B, 1,2,3,
On hondas with out minder system I belive it is some 40,000km check with feeler blade and adjustment if out off spec.
My experience with hondas trough last 20 years
Is they would need adjustment after some 80,000 miles that's for sure. 🙂
I don't know yet about this engine. (crz)
But a K series the plugs change, is less the 30 min, and valve adjustment is no more then an hour I my experience.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Washed and tried the new to me Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic spray on the car today. After the wash and dry, I jacked the car up and gravity bled the brakes so I could change the brake fluid. While the fluid was draining, I used the Turtle Wax. Nice afternoon piddling with the car.

So after reading NWKCRZ reciept from the dealer, I looked at the spark plugs and how hard that would be to change. I have not changed mine since I got the car, but it looks like you might have to remove the intake to get to the plugs and coil packs. If I am that close, I am going to check/set the valve lash clearance while I am there.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Ordered plugs and valve cover gasket. I am at 166k miles. As far as I know, original plugs and no valve adjustment ever done. I have not done it. I may go after the coolant also since I have no idea when it was changed either.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
What do you guys think of a full electric conversion on the CRZ?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
1. Search for the threads pertaining to this subject(it has been brought up b4)
2. If you think you can do it, than do it! But either continue one of those threads that you searched or start your own. Unless you already did the conversion, than that counts for this thread. 😁

8661 - 8680 of 8695 Posts