Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

8621 - 8640 of 8790 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
467 Posts
What are those Morimoto Mini D2S 5.0?
Complete headlights or bulbs?
Exactly in between the two. They're a projector unit. You open the headlight, remove the original projector and put the new one in. The projector is the actual unit that holds the bulbs and focuses the light. Only the lens is visible, it's the round sphere looking part in the headlight.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Nice. If it was me, I'd block off those vents, or at least paint the unibody black underneath.

Seeing through to the body-color structure underneath is my biggest gripe with that body kit. Other than that, I don't think it's all bad...

·
Registered
2015 PWP Base MT
50 Posts
They're underneath the windshield cowl and it's a pretty fair amount of work to get to it. If you watch @DonnySavyMuth's video here from about the 2:40 mark you can get a pretty good idea of the mounting situation.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I’m in shocked lol. I was able to fit my friends 50’ inch tv in the car yesterday. I couldn’t find a post if anybody ever fitted a 50” tv in the crz. I wasn’t sure it was going to fit but it fit perfectly just needed to move the seat up, it would probably be bad for tall people since I’m only 5’2. Black Friday is coming up next month so hopefully this helps if you end up buying a big tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I’m in shocked lol. I was able to fit my friends 50’ inch tv in the car yesterday. I couldn’t find a post if anybody ever fitted a 50” tv in the crz. I wasn’t sure it was going to fit but it fit perfectly just needed to move the seat up, it would probably be bad for tall people since I’m only 5’2. Black Friday is coming up next month so hopefully this helps if you end up buying a big tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Somewhere on this forum is a thread about how much stuff can be stuffed in the CR-Z. Also, may or may not be a different thread, people sleeping in them.

Somewhere on this forum is a thread about how much stuff can be stuffed in the CR-Z. Also, may or may not be a different thread, people sleeping in them.
I have thought about that. I figure that with the rear seats folded and the front ones all the way forward, you can just throw a couple of blankets on the rear hatch and have a decent sleep. Living in the CR-Z wouldn't be easy, but sleeping shouldn't be a problem, I think

·
Registered
280 Posts
Changed oil and filter at 165k miles. Still going strong. It's hard for me to believe that the air filter for this little car is $41. Geez! I have taken it out and knocked any loose stuff out of it every time I have the hood open. I did find it on Amazon for $26.10 on Prime.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
467 Posts
Changed oil and filter at 165k miles. Still going strong. It's hard for me to believe that the air filter for this little car is $41. Geez! I have taken it out and knocked any loose stuff out of it every time I have the hood open. I did find it on Amazon for $26.10 on Prime.
Agreed. I was thinking of buying a disposable paper filter, but when I saw they cost almost the same as a reusable one, I went for the reusable K&N filter. Kinda surprising they're so expensive since they're so small.

Reactions: Eddie70

·
Super Moderator
6,507 Posts
I have bought this one from Amazon Amazon.com: ECOGARD XA6150 Premium Engine Air Filter Fits Honda CR-Z 1.5L HYBRID 2011-2016: Automotive $8.88

Or Rockauto.com BECK/ARNLEY 0421817 {#17220RTW000, 3602977} $9.77 (Daily Driver) I have bought this one too.
or if desperate ULTRA-POWER 49390 {#17220R80000} $2.90 (economy)

See my once a year car maintenance postings of both filters and all 3 wiper blades from either Amazon or Rock Auto saves a lot of money and takes 20 minutes. I have upgraded the rear wiper to be same length at the shorter windshield one.

·
Registered
2011 CR-Z EX CVT
17 Posts
Installed a Russian lift kit on my Z today, 20mm front and rear. Considering making a small thread dedicated to this topic as it seems very few have been bold enough to get rid of that scraping sensation Z’s experience on the slightest of uneven roads. Realising my dream of this car being a fwd spec rally car

Please excuse The mud; they’re doing some much needed road work on the road to my house

·
Registered
30 Posts
Please excuse The mud; they’re doing some much needed road work on the road to my house
All the more reason for a lift kit. What's next? Some more "all-terrain" type rubber?

On an aside note, the location of that piece of angle iron could cause a sidewall tear.

·
Registered
2011 CR-Z EX CVT
17 Posts
All the more reason for a lift kit. What's next? Some more "all-terrain" type rubber?

On an aside note, the location of that piece of angle iron could cause a sidewall tear.
Definitely gonna throw some chunkier rubber on the wheels next time I can budget a couple hundred bucks for the car. Also appreciate the eye on that angle iron, we pulled it out of the way, those are my wheel chucks when I work 😅

8621 - 8640 of 8790 Posts