Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

8601 - 8614 of 8614 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,946 Posts
I did something dumb today. It has been over a month since I bought gas and was driving around yesterday when I got the low fuel light. Instead of getting fuel I went home and then this morning filled it up. I put 10.665 gallons in paid $21 drove a total of 363.3 miles for an MPG of 34.06. Not one fuel gauge bar was on prior to the fill up. No gas was dribbled on the car or the ground during this fill up.

I usually fill up whenever I get to 3-4 bars. I usually see 8ish gallons? I never seen 10 gallons when I pump gas.

·
Registered
769 Posts
The trip was short but the memories will last forever. Had a weekend of fun at the dragon. Took a photo at the bottom of the dam. It was missing quite a few cars in the shot. This time the car felt so much better with sticky tires and the spoon sway bar. I wouldn't hesitate to go out again.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Finished buffing the car out, installed dead pedal, installed new clazzio seat cover, detailed interior best I could. That is the list of things I had done in the past week. Probably missed a few, but, whatever.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I did something dumb today. It has been over a month since I bought gas and was driving around yesterday when I got the low fuel light. Instead of getting fuel I went home and then this morning filled it up. I put 10.665 gallons in paid $21 drove a total of 363.3 miles for an MPG of 34.06. Not one fuel gauge bar was on prior to the fill up. No gas was dribbled on the car or the ground during this fill up.
I've posted this in one thread or another before, the listed capacity is something like 10.6 gallons (U.S.), and I'm sure that's on the conservative side to protect us from ourselves in such a situation as you just described.

·
Super Moderator
5,946 Posts
I normally never do this and fill at a quarter of a tank. I just got lazy. I hope I did not just shorten the life of my fuel pump.

I've posted this in one thread or another before, the listed capacity is something like 10.6 gallons (U.S.), and I'm sure that's on the conservative side to protect us from ourselves in such a situation as you just described.

·
Registered
2012 Sport / manual / NSBP
151 Posts
I've refueled the car once when there was 7km left on the screen. The gas is cheaper in France than in Italy and I was just crossing the border, so decided to find first gas station in France, arrived with 7 km left and I was driving slowly for the last 60 - 70km. Nothing bad happened to the fuel pump since then.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Gas is $2.89 at this 76 gas station. $21/7 gallon full tank with 3 bars left. I’m guessing it could’ve been 10 if I went until the light?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I normally never do this and fill at a quarter of a tank. I just got lazy. I hope I did not just shorten the life of my fuel pump.
Don't dwell too much on this. There was a time in automobile history when this was a problem. Not so much with cars made in the 21st century. Though the 1/4 tank habit is not a bad one to have.

·
Registered
2012 Sport / manual / NSBP
151 Posts
Gas is $2.89 at this 76 gas station. $21/7 gallon full tank with 3 bars left. I’m guessing it could’ve been 10 if I went until the light?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
About 2 times more expensive in PL and we still have one of the cheapest fuel in the EU.
I've been refuelling 3 days ago, 4,46PLN per liter, full tank is 40 liters, 177PLN per full tank, but I usually pay around 140PLN when I refuel, almost full tank.
140PLN is 37USD.
The most expensive fuel in the EU that I've seen was in Italy, 2 years ago it was around 7,60 PLN per liter, 70% more expensive than in Poland. The usual amount that I refuel would cost me over 63$ if I did it in Italy. I don't know the current prices, maybe it's cheaper now, maybe not. Just saying how it was 2 years ago.

·
Registered
CR-Z 2012 storm silver
55 Posts
Just install the Takeda on it.
Sounds great, but not as loud as I thought it would be, based on the reviews here.
Really like it, an looks really good.

8601 - 8614 of 8614 Posts