Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

8581 - 8600 of 8614 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Went to a Summer ending car meet yesterday which was a big turn out with another local CRZ( he owns the Red Z on gold RPF1) here in WA.

2015 on the left & 2014 on the right. We both have Tein Street Basis Z coilovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
769 Posts
Finally upgrading to a Koyorad. Gonna have to get an aftermarket trans cooler for the CVT. Should be able to find one twice the size of the OEM CVT cooler.

Reactions: Spdbump

·
Super Moderator
5,946 Posts
Why not? The two systems are completely separate just not sure if it would be appropriately sized for that use.

One thing that I've wondered... Could the CVT CRZ radiator be used as an oil cooler in the 6MT CRZ? Not that I think it could be but, it just comes to mind.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Wow, that's only about an 1:30 - 2:00, from me!

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Making the trip down south to meet the Honda/Acura crew for a day of fun on the dragon tomorrow. We are meeting in Belmont, NC and cruising in together. Should be fun.
Love how the carbon fiber pops in the lighting

·
Registered
769 Posts
Wow, that's only about an 1:30 - 2:00, from me!

I ended up living on the edge today. 29 miles to empty before I filled her up... If you feel up to it you can meet some of the Honda/Acura crew and do a few rips on the dragon tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
5,946 Posts
It is not on the edge till miles to empty is 0! I did that in my first long trip with The Speed Bump from VA to NY and ended up not where I thought I should have been. I finally found a Loves like you and filled it up.

I ended up living on the edge today. 29 miles to empty before I filled her up... If you feel up to it you can meet some of the Honda/Acura crew and do a few rips on the dragon tomorrow.

·
Registered
445 Posts
You have no idea how tempting that is....but I'm not sure that is a safe idea, I only just started driving again and my car is in need of tlc from the months of unfortunate neglect.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The fuel warning definitely comes on with a large safety margin - I fill up as soon as the alert happens (6 to 12 miles later normally) yet can only add back around 4/5 of the tank capacity to fill it. I’m finding each bar on the gauge is approximately 20 miles.

·
Registered
105 Posts
For those of us in the US it is a 10.5 gallon tank and the light comes on with a a little more than a half a gallon to real empty.
I usually fill up whenever I get to 3-4 bars. I usually see 8ish gallons? I never seen 10 gallons when I pump gas.

·
Registered
105 Posts

I went to meet up my friend(Red CRZ) at a car meet in Lacey,WA. When I arrived, I was shocked to see 2 more CRZ’s at the meet(North Shore & Polished Metal Metallic). Awesome moment to see everybody’s different set ups from interior to exterior.

·
Registered
2012 Sport / manual / NSBP
151 Posts
Finished installing c-blaze spoiler and it looks beautiful ;)
1599310963553.png 1599310977005.png 1599310988840.png 1599311008560.png 1599311035079.png 1599311052715.png

A lot of people had problem with this spoiler - how to measure it, how to mount it, etc. Here's my solutions:
To measure where to drill the holes, I screwed some short bolts with spiky end (found them in hardware store), masked the bonnet with some masking tape, painted tips of the spikes and while the paint was fresh, stamped the spoiler on the bonnet in correct location.
1599311366558.png 1599311373409.png

At first I tried to drill all the way through, but this location is terrible to do it. There's like 4 layers with different angles, so the drill slips. I've abandoned this idea and bought some hooks and nails with m6 thread, screwed hooks in the front and nails in the back. This way I can slide front hooks in and then push back down to lock it. This alone is enough to drive with the spoiler attached without loosing it, but I've used windshield glue and dedicated primer on top of that, so the connection is solid.
1599311632572.png 1599311648602.png

8581 - 8600 of 8614 Posts