Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

8521 - 8540 of 8695 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sport / manual / NSBP
188 Posts
I've put the amp inside the bay under the rear taillight. At first I wanted to make a bracket and screw it, which I might still do in the future, but for now I've used the same foam that I've been using to silence the car, glued it to the amp's case except the radiator and just pushed it in. The space is almost exactly the correct size, so it's sandwitched between the exterior+foam and intertior plastic and it can't move at all. There is a bit of free space over the radiator, so it shouldn't overheat and if it does, I'll worry about it later - can add a fan or something.

1595183211286.png 1595183226499.png

Now it looks just like an OEM
1595183253224.png 1595183262695.png 1595183271762.png

Also bought heating mats ant it came with electronic controllers, with a button that changes the level of heating. I tested it with a multimeter, it just changed the voltage between 12V, 8V and 4V, but since I want to connect it to the OEM buttons, I've discarded the controllers and decided to go with 2 relays per seat and just alter connection of the mats between in-series and in-parallel.

1595183618370.png

Connecting them in parallel gives 12v to each mat, so full power. Connecting then in series splits power between 2 mats, so 6V per mat. The only downside is that if one mat breaks, the other one will not heat when in "lo" heating mode.

This is the schematics, one relay (HI) is normally disconnected, the LO is normally connected to the ground, so mats are not getting any power, only ground.
By turning on the LO relay, it connects +12V to one of the terminals and the current flows through both mats in-series (HI is still disconnected).
By turning on the HI relay, it connects +12V between the mats, so both are getting +12V on one of the terminals and ground on the other.

These are the relays that I will be using, already soldered:
1595183677673.png 1595183698512.png

Still waiting for the last connector to connect relays to OEM buttons. Already ordered, should be there tomorrow so I might start installing them in 2 weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Getting my Tein Street Basis Z coilovers installed today. Air cups are getting installed another time. Here’s also a quick preview quick jack lift for the garage if you’re interested in getting one.

Here’s the after photo of it being lowered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
gave mine a bath yesterday...

I did the excursion on saturday, so I'm out of a lot of car cleaning supplies now... used up 4 brand new clay bars on that boat, as well as most of my tireshine on the 265/75 tires.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Went ahead with the Pre Fontana wash and wax this weekend, may bunt and see if I can do some good night shots this week while it still gleams.

·
Registered
772 Posts
My Z on the side of 66 East. CVT blew up just cruising. I was pushing it earlier but it wasn't untill I was taking it easy that the CVT went out.

·
Registered
772 Posts
OMG I hope it is back up and working again soon. So sorry to hear!
Completely unexpected that the CVT went out. Probably overheated and the belt possibly snapped. CVT fluid looked normal on the dipstick.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Took the bumper off but sadly ripped an aftermarket fog light cable out of its housing. Warranty time! Measuring things up now for my new custom grille
Update: Got a few more things left to do to finalize the grille but I replaced my stock meep meep horns with hella supertone horns! I can finally hear my horn over the exhaust 😂

·
Registered
117 Posts
I took off the Bayson lip & splitter off the car earlier today. I sure do miss the oem look. Just did a quick shoot near Downtown Seattle during sunset. Also I drove down to Cannon Beach, OR & Seaside,OR from Seattle yesterday. 6 hour round trip, my mpg was around 37mpg-40mpg on staggered 18s & Tein Street Basis Z set up. Half tank got me down there and another half tank got me back. Had to pump gas once during the trip. The TEIN Street Basis Coilover handled so well and to my liking while driving down & back. It was definitely worth the purchase.

·
Registered
CR-Z 2012 storm silver
69 Posts
I took off the Bayson lip & splitter off the car earlier today. I sure do miss the oem look. Just did a quick shoot near Downtown Seattle during sunset. Also I drove down to Cannon Beach, OR & Seaside,OR from Seattle yesterday. 6 hour round trip, my mpg was around 37mpg-40mpg on staggered 18s & Tein Street Basis Z set up. Half tank got me down there and another half tank got me back. Had to pump gas once during the trip. The TEIN Street Basis Coilover handled so well and to my liking while driving down & back. It was definitely worth the purchase.
Looking real good d I think. Oem look and lowered on nice rims, always look Good , at least in my opinion 😅

Been thinking about the tein basic coilover,
Good to hear about them, and you think they Handle well. 👍🏻

·
Super Moderator
6,308 Posts
When my Crank Position Sensor failed I thought my transmission was dead as it would not move under its own power. Same result car on flat bed taken to shop. I had a clue due to code from the Scan Gauge II. Are you sure it is the Transmission? Either way it needs a visit to a shop to find out what is broken then you have to decide next steps.

Completely unexpected that the CVT went out. Probably overheated and the belt possibly snapped. CVT fluid looked normal on the dipstick.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Looking real good d I think. Oem look and lowered on nice rims, always look Good , at least in my opinion

Been thinking about the tein basic coilover,
Good to hear about them, and you think they Handle well.
My friend & I nailed it on the right height where it’s safe that it won’t rub against fenders & thankful no fender rolling needed. After inspection of the long trip, tires are good and didn’t get chewed up by the fender, I probably wouldn’t have enjoyed trip if it wasn’t lowered. The coilovers made a big difference. I guess it all comes down to how you like to drive & height preference. I daily mines to work & around so another reason why I needed to play it safe. You can definitely switch out the TEIN springs for swift swings if you want a stiffer ride. I ordered my teins from Evasive Motorsport if you’re looking to buying street basis z. I had to wait 3 weeks for mines since it was on back order compared to other places which was longer wait.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
429 Posts
Just finished fixing my destroyed roof paint. I got a $80 Bauer polisher from Harbor Freight and it kicks ass compared to the cheapo $15 Ryobi I had. You get what you pay for

Didn't get a proper before pic, but I didn't touch the paint on the rear hatch which was in the same condition. You can see how the reflection on the roof is clear, but is hazy on the hatch. The whole roof had no shine at all, it was completely matte, to the point where I thought it had no clear-coat on it.

It isn't perfect, but it is definitely better. It has some small specs and defects where it looks like the paint came in contact with acid or something. It also still has some scratches which are noticeable if you get up close. But from 15cm away, it looks beautiful, plus we rarely see a roof head-on, where the defects really show. I'm super pleased with how it turned out.

I don't remember who it was, but someone was saying that their paint was ruined because it was polished when the car was brand new and now they could not fix some swirls it had because the clear-coat was too thin. If you're reading, I sanded this roof multiple times with sandpaper (1500, 2000, 2500 grit, once before I got the polisher, and a second time today) then compounded, then polished, and there's still clear-coat left. If i can fix this mess, you can definitely fix some swirl marks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
well I haven't been on here in a while....this month I put on new tires, new rotors and tires all the way around..the CRZ now has 283,xxx plus miles on it...going pretty strong..still gets 42 to 52 mpg. I did put on new rear shocks at 242k miles. Still using Mobil 1 oil and changing it every 20k miles. Doesn't leak any oil and not using any oil.

·
Super Moderator
6,308 Posts
Those oil changes are they by minder, time or Mileage? I have been following the minder or at least once a year. I am using full synthetic from the dealer. Just curous as The Speed Bump needs to stay alive for years!

well I haven't been on here in a while....this month I put on new tires, new rotors and tires all the way around..the CRZ now has 283,xxx plus miles on it...going pretty strong..still gets 42 to 52 mpg. I did put on new rear shocks at 242k miles. Still using Mobil 1 oil and changing it every 20k miles. Doesn't leak any oil and not using any oil.

8521 - 8540 of 8695 Posts