Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

8501 - 8520 of 8695 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
I am both sad and relieved, because if it wasn't cancelled I would have still missed cause of my leg....and I really don't want to miss any.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
There's always next year...

·
Premium Member
6,001 Posts
Honuracrew is doing a meet on Sept 5 but it's only a 1 day thing. I'm thinking about staying for Saturday and Sunday and leaving Monday. There is a hotel in robbinsville that we could potentially get rooms at.
Sounds like a good plan B--I'll have to check my calendar. :)

·
Registered
772 Posts
Sounds like a good plan B--I'll have to check my calendar. :)
I went to back of the dragon a few weekends ago but had to take the Mustang to do some datalogs for my tuner. Now that the tune is complete on the Stang I can start to have more fun in the Z. Finally changing out the rear engine mount on her this weekend.

·
Registered
445 Posts
What happened?
Went riding on a CanAm Ryker when I wasnt feeling well and lost focus as I came to a turn and started it to late and wasnt able to recover. Ran off the road and was flung over the bike when it caught ground on the nose. Broke the Tibia/Fibula (open) and the Femer all in my right leg. PM me for pics if you want lol, some are gnarly looking. Thank goodness for wearing a helmet!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Finally get to change out the rear engine mount on the Z tomorrow. Shouldn't be too hard. The first two mounts were pretty worn out so I'm interested to see how worn out the rear mount is. Does anyone know the torque spec on the rear mount btw??

Reactions: qwertylesh

·
Premium Member
6,001 Posts
Finally get to change out the rear engine mount on the Z tomorrow. Shouldn't be too hard. The first two mounts were pretty worn out so I'm interested to see how worn out the rear mount is. Does anyone know the torque spec on the rear mount btw??
Yeah, the dogbone mount is the one that makes the most difference with engine motion and wheel hop, so always good to replace/upgrade that one.
61 lbf-ft for the horizontal nut/bolt
69 lbf-ft for the vertical nut/bolt

After both nuts/bolts are in, torque the horizontal first, then the vertical

·
Registered
772 Posts
Yeah, the dogbone mount is the one that makes the most difference with engine motion and wheel hop, so always good to replace/upgrade that one.
61 lbf-ft for the horizontal nut/bolt
69 lbf-ft for the vertical nut/bolt

After both nuts/bolts are in, torque the horizontal first, then the vertical
I'm hoping this will cure my occasional wheel hop. It's mostly on WOT so it doesn't happen very often. I didn't seem to notice it as much when the car was NA...

Reactions: ZeusZore

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Went riding on a CanAm Ryker when I wasnt feeling well and lost focus as I came to a turn and started it to late and wasnt able to recover. Ran off the road and was flung over the bike when it caught ground on the nose. Broke the Tibia/Fibula (open) and the Femer all in my right leg. PM me for pics if you want lol, some are gnarly looking. Thank goodness for wearing a helmet!

Holy Ouch! Glad you're ok enough to talk and laugh about it at least.

·
Registered
431 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
qwertlesh, what kit did you use?

I recently restored my headlights by wet sanding and clear coating them with SprayMax 2K Clear Coat.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Got the final of the three motor mounts in today. I'm seeing about 60%-70% less wheel hop. WOT pulls from a dig don't yield the nasty wheel hop I was seeing before. This concludes the build on the Z unless I decide to do any appearance mods.

·
Registered
CR-Z 2012 storm silver
69 Posts
Got the final of the three motor mounts in today. I'm seeing about 60%-70% less wheel hop. WOT pulls from a dig don't yield the nasty wheel hop I was seeing before. This concludes the build on the Z unless I decide to do any appearance mods.
nice ! do you have pictures of the other motor mounts ?
what brand are they ?

·
Registered
772 Posts
nice ! do you have pictures of the other motor mounts ?
what brand are they ?
They are from Innovative mounts. I went with the 60A bushing option and the difference in handeling is nite and day wheel hop is nearly eliminated with the rear engine mount installed.

·
Registered
CR-Z 2012 storm silver
69 Posts
They are from Innovative mounts. I went with the 60A bushing option and the difference in handeling is nite and day wheel hop is nearly eliminated with the rear engine mount installed.
ok nice, yes, they make nice mounts, had the on my Civic EG . ! and was thinking i should get some for the CR-Z :) (y)

·
Registered
772 Posts
ok nice, yes, they make nice mounts, had the on my Civic EG . ! and was thinking i should get some for the CR-Z :) (y)
I had to get the 60A option from a reseller site. They are made to order if you far the 60A option. I still get noticable vibrating on the softest bushing FYI...

8501 - 8520 of 8695 Posts