Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

8441 - 8460 of 8489 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
made a ~400 mile trip over the weekend. Averaged 38mpg as long as I kept the cruise at 70 and didn't hammer down to pass people. Still haven't planned a dyno session to sort out the tune though... it's running kinda rich, so I'm hoping the cruising mpg will get better with a proper tune on board.

Love the new suspension setup though. The innovative mounts on the other hand less happy with. I'm probably going to take the engine mount back to stock.

·
Registered
59 Posts

Not perfect but front splitter installed last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What kind of wheels are those? They look great on a Z. I saw a black Z with the same or nearly identical wheels and I thought they looked very sharp. Then I looked them up and found out how expensive they were. Yikes!

·
Registered
75 Posts
What kind of wheels are those? They look great on a Z. I saw a black Z with the same or nearly identical wheels and I thought they looked very sharp. Then I looked them up and found out how expensive they were. Yikes!

I have Advan RG2’s 18x8 225/40/18 Front/ 18x8.5 255/35/18 Rear.

Are you talking about this guy? He has Advan RG3’s I think

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have Advan RG2’s 18x8 225/40/18 Front/ 18x8.5 255/35/18 Rear.

Are you talking about this guy? He has Advan RG3’s I think

Not that car, but those are the same wheels. If I ever need to replace my wheels, it will be with a set of those. They just look great on the Z! Let us know if you get compliments on them. You have my compliments for your excellent taste!

·
Super Moderator
5,558 Posts
I presume you all have seen the Harbor Freight Jack Stand recall articles :

But even the replacement ones are unsafe:

Be Very Careful!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I presume you all have seen the Harbor Freight Jack Stand recall articles :

But even the replacement ones are unsafe:

Be Very Careful!
What jack stand brand would you recommend?

·
Super Moderator
5,558 Posts
I honestly do not know. I thought HF if you inspected the Stands and they did not have the issues from the first recall they were ok. As for what Jack, the stands are more important as you should never rely on only a hydraulic jack and get stands that are good for double what you expect to support.

I like the idea of the Quick jack system Portable Car Lift for your Garage or Shop - QuickJack as they once raised cannot lower till you unlock them. They do not rely on the hydraulics only.

What jack stand brand would you recommend?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,558 Posts
Never Ever rely on only a hydraulic jack to keep your car off the ground.

The HF first recall was because the adjustment pawls were not deep enough so if you do not raise the jack stand it is safe I am more concerned about the second article where the welds fail. If I had a friend with a welder I would ask them to re-weld any stands I bought and make sure the welds are done well.

If I had to do work on my car I would look at the jack stands welds and try not to have any kind of adjustment system on them just a solid stand rated for heavier than the car I am using them on. At this point in time you can't find anything not made in china. I would consider older used before HF.

I am mad at myself for not keeping the old school ramps I had.

·
Registered
2012 Sport / manual / NSBP
83 Posts
It's been a busy week. I'm installing factory subwoofer to my aftermarket head unit and silencing the car. The head unit has an output for the subwoofer (RCA connector), so on top of the factory parts, I needed a mono amplifier.

I've boughta Boschmann Q9000, it's 120W RMS 2 Ohm mono amplifier, so it should be ideal (even slightly more powerful) for the factory subwoofer.

Unfortunately the amp is designed for installing inside the speaker box, so it comes without the full case, so I had to figure one myself. This is what I came up with:
1592263811225.png 1592263823399.png 1592263833297.png

Also, while I was disassembling plastic covers in the car's trunk, I decided to silence the car a bit (at least the rear part, I will be doing the doors and the front in the future).

1592263974849.png 1592264002982.png

Then I have routed the cables
1592264045174.png

And final assembly with the new parts
1592264139213.png 1592264159184.png 1592264178002.png

I have the power cable prepared to be connected to the fuse box, output cable connected to the subwoofer. I need to take the front console panel to access the head unit to connect the signal and remote cables (the blue RCA cable has an additional wire for remote connection, so the amplifier is not always on, but it turns on only when the head unit sends a signal on this line) and on the other end, connect the amplifier. The amp should fit under the plastic cover on the right side of the trunk, over the batterry cooling fan. I have to figure out some bracket to install it, there are some holes that can fit a screw, so I'll be working on it within the next few days. If everything turns out fine, it should be working tomorrow, probably not yet in its final place.

Also, the subwoofer box is filled with the stuff that you put in pillows, so it should play nice and there's a room for upgrade in the future, since the amp should be at least 2x stronger than the speaker, so it will be tuned down for now to not fry the speaker.

Edit: another day and it's working :)

It's louder than I'll ever need, I can feel it shaking everything :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I received a photo from a graphic designer from Instagram of my car earlier today and he did a awesome job! I was the first CR-Z he ever put together. So that should help him get idea on what to do for future customers that own a CR-Z or other cars if you have another build you have. Waited a couple weeks and cost me $15.

Here’s his Instagram if you want your CR-Z or other car(s) drawn or put together.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Just received some awesome news... My blower is repaired finally. So excited to put the car back together and get her running.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Picked up my brand new Tein Street Basis Z Coilovers earlier today. Big thanks to Evasive Motorsports! Even though I had to wait 3 weeks since it was made to order and other sites was 4+ weeks out. Fast shipping once it arrived to their HQ. Super excited to install these with the stance parts air cups that should arrive next week. The shaft diameter for these Street Basis Coilovers are 22mm if anyone needs that info for bags or air cups.

·
Super Moderator
5,558 Posts
Under hood battery on a CR-Z is a wear out item I still say there is no advantage to the "bigger" battery other than availability. Second year I Owned The Speed Bump the under hood battery failed and was replaced under warranty. The Honda dealer installed battery is still in the car today. The replacement battery had no "eye"

Well, my battery finally bit the dust in the week. So rather than getting a 151R, I grabbed a 51R battery. Guess I'm good for the next few years again.
Now I just need to wait for the light spam to go away (ABS/VSA) hopefully.

Next up — buying a new jack.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Under hood battery on a CR-Z is a wear out item I still say there is no advantage to the "bigger" battery other than availability. Second year I Owned The Speed Bump the under hood battery failed and was replaced under warranty. The Honda dealer installed battery is still in the car today. The replacement battery had no "eye"
Oh there is definitely another advantage: cheaper! More juice for less costs? That's a double upgrade :p

But yeah, it's a wear item with an annoying side effect... Unfortunately

8441 - 8460 of 8489 Posts