Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

8421 - 8439 of 8439 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Finally got my covid build out on the road for a shakedown. Love the look of the drop.

The handling is like its on rails.
  • Megan 1.5" drop
  • Koni strt shocks
  • Spoon front sway
  • Beatrush pillowball mounts
The power delivery is great with the sprintex, but it will need a dyno session to clean up the tune. Makes good noises though. I'm a little uncertain about the harshness of the innovative mounts for comfort, but I'm going to try a few things out with the mounts to tune out the vibration.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Well, I had good luck and bad luck today.

Was trying to get under the car so I can get some measurements done for a little suspension work (motion ratio was the important thing in this exploratory procedure... Can't find a source)Then as I'm about to lift the other front tire up to slip another jack stand under, PSSSSSSSSSSST! Oil starts spewing out the jack.

Had to use the spare jack to get it off the jackstand... I had to think about those people who don't use jackstands when it's "optional" (e.g doing brakes). Also, wondering what the car would've done dropping from about a foot and a half off the ground :O

·
Registered
142 Posts
Finally got my covid build out on the road for a shakedown. Love the look of the drop.

• Megan 1.5" drop
  • Koni strt shocks
  • Spoon front sway
The power delivery is great with the sprintex, but it will need a dyno session to clean up the tune. Makes good noises though. I'm a little uncertain about the harshness of the innovative mounts for comfort, but I'm going to try a few things out with the mounts to tune out the vibration.

View attachment 61369
Looks great, a rear wing will be the cherry on the top!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Applies to the three and six-ton heavy-duty steel jack stands with item numbers 56371, 61196, and 61197. sounds like the tools they manufactured them with were not replaced often enough and they are concerned with the pawl shearing. Sounds like most were sold through harbour freight, but some online too?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Looks great, a rear wing will be the cherry on the top!
I've got one still on the shelf... I ran out of primer and haven't gotten good weather toget back out and painting.
And with the recent recall on Pittsburg brand jackstands...
Applies to the three and six-ton heavy-duty steel jack stands with item numbers 56371, 61196, and 61197. sounds like the tools they manufactured them with were not replaced often enough and they are concerned with the pawl shearing. Sounds like most were sold through harbour freight, but some online too?
Kinda scary considering I had the CRZ up on 4 of these bad boys for 6 weeks.

Even scarier: I had the excursion up on these doing some suspension work.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Thanks, I have the 3 ton aluminium pair, so no worries here.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
110 Posts

• Megan 1.5" drop
  • Koni strt shocks
  • Spoon front sway

View attachment 61369
What wheels are those? they look amazing!

·
Registered
2012 Sport / manual / NSBP
53 Posts
More chinese stuff :D

This time front hood struts. I tried the configuration that was showed in the manual, but the hinges were bending slightly whenever I tried to close the hood :

1590513636648.png

1590513626553.png 1590513652300.png

... so I decided to reverse them, like this:

1590513738505.png 1590513751294.png 1590513797210.png

balance point:

They fit either way, no interference with anything. They even fit slightly better the way I installed them, there is more space for heat shield and it doesn't push on it. Also the hood closes more easily, opens higher and gives more room for activities. It was slightly harder to install, I had to insert the nuts in tiny slit inside the hood, threaded them on the ziptie and applied glue to one side so it glued itself to the inner part of the hood when I pulled the ziptie.

Also broken stop light this sunday, forgot to close the trunk when reversing out of the garage :( It's glued for now, but I'm gonna replace it soon:

8421 - 8439 of 8439 Posts