Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

8401 - 8420 of 8439 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sport / manual / NSBP
53 Posts
I believe in this case you have two TPMS systems the OEM in the valve stem and a valve cap for the other system if it even has the OEM TPMS which not all countries have..
I didn't have OEM TPMS at all, so I have only one system and these are internal sensors, not in the caps.

·
Registered
203 Posts
It's a sad week for me. Have been having some talks with my wife about the car situation, and decided that it's time to sell the Z. :(

This last week I've pulled the entire interior apart, cleaned everything, reupholstered the door panels, did a deep cleaning of the carpet and seats, removed all of the aftermarket vinyl wrap on the head lights and tail lights, removed speaker wires and stuff that I had run ages ago, and finished up lots of little maintenance and cleaning items I've had on the list. The car looks practically brand new!!

Hoping to get it on the market here soon, and I'll be sure to post it in the classifieds. I'm happy to say, though, that the Z will be replaced by a pretty awesome car... a 1981 DeLorean.

·
Super Moderator
5,290 Posts
Sorry to hear you are selling it. What is the reason for doing so does the CR-Z no longer meet most of your needs? It is always sad when someone sells a car they like but everyone's needs change. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
203 Posts
The main reasons for selling are:
  • My wife now works in the same building as me, and with the shutdown and not needing to commute to work, we no longer need 2 cars.
  • My wife has a 2015 Buick Encore, a compact SUV, which is a more practical "do everything" car.
  • I found a screaming deal on a DeLorean, and my wife said "We don't have room for 3 cars, so if you want it, you have to sell your car."
She was SUPER surprised when I said "Ok, I'll sell it."

·
Super Moderator
5,290 Posts
Very cool. Enjoy the Delorean. If you were going to keep two cars one of them should have been the CR-Z. If you go down to only one then I guess a compact SUV makes sense. Everything I have seen about Deloreans makes them seem like money pits and unreliable. I hope the one you get is not that kind of money pit. Good luck with it all and thanks for letting us know your plans.

• My wife now works in the same building as me, and with the shutdown and not needing to commute to work, we no longer need 2 cars.
  • My wife has a 2015 Buick Encore, a compact SUV, which is a more practical "do everything" car.
  • I found a screaming deal on a DeLorean, and my wife said "We don't have room for 3 cars, so if you want it, you have to sell your car."

·
Premium Member
5,897 Posts
You gonna stick around long enough to show us some pics of your new back-to-the-future machine?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Today I'm just starting to realize I have quite a few maintenance items I'm gonna need to purchase once the lockdown is over.

Bushings (I'm noticing a little "old bed" squeek from what I would assume to be my rear suspension; when underneath the car is wet, I don't hear the sound anymore)

and brakes (I'll bite the bullet and do the RSX swap once the border opens)

Also waiting for a warm day off to put the Z in hovercar mode and actually have a good look at my suspension.
It's @90 mph when the "back to the future" thing happens right?

·
Registered
223 Posts
88, but whose counting.

Finished upgrading the side turn signals this morning making certain I have everything I need to dry out and Tweak my headlights this weekend. Rightside has retained quite a bit of humidity.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
110 Posts
Just replaced incandescent turn signals with Switchback LEDs (replaces dim amber with bright white). I also wired them up to replace the dim high-beam DRL on the base model CR-Z. I'll write a detailed post about it soon!

Before

After

DRL mode

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Just replaced incandescent turn signals with Switchback LEDs (replaces dim amber with bright white). I also wired them up to replace the dim high-beam DRL on the base model CR-Z. I'll write a detailed post about it soon!

Before
Tag me when you do the DRL write up, please. I'm assuming you have no DRL error codes on the dash?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Not sure how this was supposed to be a $900 job. I got bored yesterday afternoon. I started taking off one bolt and before I knew it I said wait, how'd my blower end up on the table? Sending it off to JB performance for the oil consumption kit and a sight glass. He's got me down for the 20th of the month. Hopefully it will be back before the dragon meet.

·
Premium Member
5,897 Posts
Here's the D next to the Z. ;)

I was surprised when I sat them side by side and both were almost the same length and width.
Nice! For some reason, I thought it would look much longer too. Have fun with it.

·
Registered
2012 Sport / manual / NSBP
53 Posts
Bought USB and AUX sockets from some civic or something, installed them in Z, this reduced the amount of cables that were sticking inside the box:
1589409338769.png 1589405518962.png 1589405535270.png

...modified some cables from my head unit to plug in the sockets:
1589405703844.png 1589405689852.png

Also finally fixed the head unit with the screw and slightly modified OEM bracket from my factory player:
1589405827615.png 1589405870774.png

Before it was fixed only with push pins, but it started warping slightly (the right side of the head unit was falling down) and it created gap between the head unit's frame and the storage compartment. Now it's rigid and doesn't move / bend.

Also new floor mats (actually got them few days ago):
1589406321490.png 1589406336329.png

Now I have one extra 12V power outlet, that I need to sell.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Sprintex is in the mail off to Jon Bond. Should get there by Monday. Appointment is for Wednesday. Sprintex should have their warehouse open tomorrow so I can finally get the correct idler pulley.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Took forever and an eternity to get ahold of Sprintex but I was finally able to order a Sprintex idler pulley. Got 2 pulleys shipping out today. One is a spare incase the other one fails.

8401 - 8420 of 8439 Posts