Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

8381 - 8400 of 8439 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,290 Posts
We have a member here who found the Arm rest but it needs the bracket. Can you take pictures from all sides for him( with measurements)? He is in UK. Needs the bracket and hardware but he maybe able to bend up a bracket.
I don't know how but I managed to buy an armrest and door sill trim in a very good condition for 100$. I cleaned them up today and will be installing them soon.

View attachment 61133

·
Registered
7 Posts
We have a member here who found the Arm rest but it needs the bracket. Can you take pictures from all sides for him( with measurements)? He is in UK. Needs the bracket and hardware but he may be able to bend up a bracket.
No problem, I'll take them tomorrow

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Did this again: Pulled both seats, sanded brackets and re-painted with Epoxy paint. Hopefully holds up better against rusting this time. Also used Loctite Rust Converter stuff.

Wish I could pull the bottom of the seat brackets off. Looks like on newer seats you might be able to, but on these you would need to drill a couple large bolts out and replace them? In the future, may do that so I can get them fully sealed. Hard to paint them while attached to the seats.

Also, fully detailed the interior last weekend. ;)

·
Registered
2012 Sport / manual / NSBP
53 Posts
I don't know how but I managed to buy an armrest and door sill trim in a very good condition for 100$. I cleaned them up today and will be installing them soon.

View attachment 61133
Damn, you bought the door trim that I wanted to buy. Did the mounting bracket for the armrest came with the rest of the parts? I've asked this seller if he had it and he said that he don't.

We have a member here who found the Arm rest but it needs the bracket. Can you take pictures from all sides for him( with measurements)? He is in UK. Needs the bracket and hardware but he may be able to bend up a bracket.
I don't think it's needed any longer, because Needcraft just bought the exact same armrest that I have offered that member to help him get it.

Damn, you bought the door trim that I wanted to buy. Did the mounting bracket for the armrest came with the rest of the parts? I've asked this seller if he had it and he said that he don't.
The seller didn't give me the bracket but I had it in my burnt CRZ I've bought a while back

I'll send those measurements just in case somebody else needs them

·
Registered
73 Posts
well... that pile of parts from @KRZY paid off again last night - I goofed installing my new struts and separated the inner CV on my axle and couldn't get it to re-seat... headed over to the pile and grabbed my spare axle and now I don't have to rebuild my CV axle urgently. Needed to change my trans fluid anyway, so it wasn't the end of the world, but would rather not have had to do it.

Seriously dude, thanks. I've already paid some of these parts forward to help other owners.
Glad to hear you are putting it to use!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sport / manual / NSBP
53 Posts
Do the tire sensors work with the car's system as well or just the aftermarket stereo display?
Nice wheels!
This system works only with aftermarket android units. It connects via USB to the unit and since the unit has 3 USB ports and I'm using only one USB cable as general purpose input, file transfer etc, the rest of the cables are hidden inside the dashboard and TPMS is connected to one of them and also hidden. The kit (receiver + 4 sensors) costs around 30$.

However, I've seen also similar kits, that connects to canbus via OBD port, so I think they would work with factory instrument cluster, but they are made for specific cars only, so you would have to find something that works with CR-Z, which is usually not easy. Best bet would be to try a bunch of kits for more popular Hondas, like Fit or Civic.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
This system works only with aftermarket android units. It connects via USB to the unit and since the unit has 3 USB ports and I'm using only one USB cable as general purpose input, file transfer etc, the rest of the cables are hidden inside the dashboard and TPMS is connected to one of them and also hidden. The kit (receiver + 4 sensors) costs around 30$.

However, I've seen also similar kits, that connects to canbus via OBD port, so I think they would work with factory instrument cluster, but they are made for specific cars only, so you would have to find something that works with CR-Z, which is usually not easy. Best bet would be to try a bunch of kits for more popular Hondas, like Fit or Civic.
So how do you get rid of the little tpms error warning on the MID?

·
Super Moderator
5,290 Posts
I believe in this case you have two TPMS systems the OEM in the valve stem and a valve cap for the other system if it even has the OEM TPMS which not all countries have..
So how do you get rid of the little tpms error warning on the MID?

8381 - 8400 of 8439 Posts