Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

8341 - 8360 of 8438 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,896 Posts
put it up on jackstands for some quarantine work. at the very least, I'm getting the shocks/struts/springs done before it goes back down.
Suspension again? Don't you have paved roads in Indiana? :)

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Suspension again? Don't you have paved roads in Indiana? :)
It's been 2 years... but those potholes last year caused some premature wear on the shocks you sold me 2y ago... they only have like 50K miles total and are already blown on the driver's side.

but I'm also putting on lowering springs, beartrush pillowballs, and a spoon FSB, so this is partly elective surgery.

·
Registered
2012 Sport / manual / NSBP
50 Posts
I still have factory shocks. My car is 8 years old atm, 83k km and the guy who did yearly inspection said that basically everything in the car is new.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
@96firephoenix I'm just realizing this past year you've invested a lot into your CRZ. :O
haha yea, I've got about $2500-3000 in parts sitting around waiting to be installed. A lot of it was in response to the potholes. I had to replace the shocks, so I might as well upgrade; I had to replace the subframe, so now is the time to do the spoon fsb;

But then a sprintex popped up for sale, so I kinda had to; I needed brakes, so I did the RSX-S fronts and stoptech lines are going on this weekend...

If this year's dragon happens, I'll be having a lot more fun. Just renewed my passport, so maybe I'll head up to the niagara meet too....

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Got my car back.. had to bring it back 2x to get the paint re-fixed. So, the first time, they basically did nothing, and i noticed ANOTHER hair in the clear coat that they didn't do anything with. This time around, they scraped it with a razor blade, then cut the clear down a bit.. looks good now! :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Added front camera today.

I wasn't sure what's the best place to pass the cables from the engine bay to the interior. First I disassembled windshield wipers and the mechanism. I found 2 holes under the windshield on the driver side with elastic plastic covers. Poped one of them out, then made a small hole in it and in the interior material that was covering ot from the other side. Then I had to remove front left tweeter to be able to catch the other end of the cable.

Inside it was only the matter of connecting power + and - to the on/off button and the signal to camera box.

Switching in action:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Bought this code Zurich ZR8 OBD2 Code Reader With Live Data from the Pawn Shop for $35 but it’s originally $80 from Harbor Freight. Going to keep it in the CR-Z just incase. I was able to fix a leak( just needed to fix the gas cap since it wasn’t sealed all the way that caused the problem) that made the engine mad loud from my uncle’s Lexus now it’s running quietly. ZR8 OBD2 Code Reader with Live Data

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
110 Posts
Added front camera today.
View attachment 61029
View attachment 61030

I wasn't sure what's the best place to pass the cables from the engine bay to the interior. First I disassembled windshield wipers and the mechanism. I found 2 holes under the windshield on the driver side with elastic plastic covers. Poped one of them out, then made a small hole in it and in the interior material that was covering ot from the other side. Then I had to remove front left tweeter to be able to catch the other end of the cable.

Inside it was only the matter of connecting power + and - to the on/off button and the signal to camera box.

View attachment 61031
View attachment 61032

Switching in action:
What radio is that? I'm guessing that the plastic mount is custom made, right?

·
Registered
50 Posts
What radio is that? I'm guessing that the plastic mount is custom made, right?
It's from aliexpress, it came with the plastic mount. Search for coho autoparts store. The radio itself is powered by 8 core intel atom, 64gb storage, 4gb ram and built in DSP.

·
Premium Member
5,896 Posts
Looks good from far but far from looking good. Taking it off. ...
Been there. Done that. Well, not with plastidip, but with paint. At least with plastidip, you can take it off of the H and not have to get a new emblem. :)

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
110 Posts
It's from aliexpress, it came with the plastic mount. Search for coho autoparts store. The radio itself is powered by 8 core intel atom, 64gb storage, 4gb ram and built in DSP.
Nice. I ended up finding the thread where you posted a link.
Have you been able to get android auto running on it?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nice. I ended up finding the thread where you posted a link.
Have you been able to get android auto running on it?
Yes, it runs, but I like other launchers more. I live in Poland and android auto is not oficially available in my country, but my phone updated to android 10 and android 10 comes with android auto preinstalled, so it showed in my app library and I was able to install it from there (it's paired with my google account). If android auto is available in your country then it should be available in google play store. Otherwise you can still install it if you download apk file.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Had an effective weekend. Spoon FSB, innovative mounts, un-bent subframe are installed on the car.

Koni/Megan/Beatrush pillowball struts are assembled, but not installed. Koyorad radiator is mostly assembled, but not installed (still waiting on the drain plug since I bought used.... sigh). Got the rear sway bar pulled off for some tweaking to the mounts. Getting ready to lower the car and I don't want the rear sway bar to rub any more than it already did...

·
Premium Member
5,896 Posts
Had an effective weekend. Spoon FSB, innovative mounts, un-bent subframe are installed on the car.

Koni/Megan/Beatrush pillowball struts are assembled, but not installed. Koyorad radiator is mostly assembled, but not installed (still waiting on the drain plug since I bought used.... sigh). Got the rear sway bar pulled off for some tweaking to the mounts. Getting ready to lower the car and I don't want the rear sway bar to rub any more than it already did...
About time you put some of those parts on the car; I think there are a few more sitting in boxes on the garage floor that you have to attend to before the Dragon Meet. I'll break quarantine to help you out, if needed. :)

8341 - 8360 of 8438 Posts