Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

8301 - 8320 of 8323 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
I always figured wider rear tires should look much better on this car, considering how the rear arches outward. The seats are very nice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been muffler deleted for about a month now. I finally put an axle-back (Megan Racing) on today because I was able to swoop a decent deal! Do yall recommend doing a resonator delete for more sound or would it be too droney on the highway? I haven't seen many details bout resonator deletes (maybe I haven't looked good enough). Any information would be great! Sorry if this is the wrong section; although, I did talk about something I did to the Z today! :cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just installed armrest, bought one used on ebay, which looked like this (picture from auction, because I did not make any additional photos when it arrived):

These armrests are not available anywhere in EU (or at least I couldn't find them). Shipping costs from USA to EU were higher than the price of the amrest, fortunately I was able to still get it slightly cheaper than new. Before that I have been using chinese armrest from aliexpress, but it was squeaky and wobbly, so one day I dedided that I'll make a ridiculously low offer for the armrest on ebay I've been watching for quite a while and if the seller accepts it then I'll get it.

Here are the pictures (also fixed the lid):

The costs were:
120$ armrest
72$ shipping
46$ import charges
12$ for fixing the lid

250$ total

Also bought a switch for turning on/off backup camera (I don't like it turning on automatically on reverse and sometimes I'd like it to be on when on first gear)

The switch is not connected yet, as I don't have the plug to connect it. I have already ordered the plug that goes into the switch from aliexpress as well as auto dimming mirror. It shold arrive in around a month.

·
Premium Member
5,829 Posts
...The switch is not connected yet, as I don't have the plug to connect it. I have already ordered the plug that goes into the switch from aliexpress as well as auto dimming mirror. It shold arrive in around a month.
Nice idea about the backup camera switch! I'll have to do that some day, too. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Today I'm just at home because the Covid-19 epidemic is very disturbing, and at the same time revisit the brakes and wheels because recently, my car has gone a few miles then an unpleasant hissing sound at the wheel. And maybe next month, I will change the front wheels, because it is much more worn out than the rear wheels. Hope everything is fine.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Did some maintenance on the Sprintex. Topped off fluid in the blower. Unfortunately I think I've run into the same issue that litz ran into with his. Wiped off a considerable amount of some sort of fluid on the underside right by the pulley. Still runs fine and I didn't notice much fluid loss... Might send the blower in for a rebuild to John Bond and get the oil consumption kit done at the same time.

·
Premium Member
5,829 Posts
Did some maintenance on the Sprintex. Topped off fluid in the blower. Unfortunately I think I've run into the same issue that litz ran into with his. Wiped off a considerable amount of some sort of fluid on the underside right by the pulley. Still runs fine and I didn't notice much fluid loss... Might send the blower in for a rebuild to John Bond and get the oil consumption kit done at the same time.
Just got mine back today, fully rebuild with the oil consumption kit included. I haven't opened it up to check out the old parts (bearings, seals, etc.) yet, but I'd like to inspect them to see if I can actually see anything unusual about their wear. Really surprised that it needed the rebuild as bad as it did, since I was keeping the oil changed and to the full mark, and there was only ONE time that I had to add more than usual.

I figure, that's all it takes to burn a bearing (but I remember checking and filling the oil for someone at the Dragon a few years ago, and theirs was just a dipstick of grit--no fluid!!!) It actually made me think that one low level run with mine was no big deal, in comparison to the practically-no-oil-level of that other Sprintex, and it's still spinning and supercharging. Un, wrong. Live and learn....

·
Registered
2012 EX
6 Posts
Working from home staff rotation this week, so on my "break" installed new air filter and cabin air filter. Both were Ga-nasty.
Rear brake pads started chirping occasionall, so swapped them out with Akebono ProAct pads. Ran to lunch and couple medication errants for Wife Inc. and no more chirp. Brake pedal feels a bit "off" versus before, so suppose is the change in pad material from OE to ceramic.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I've seen that before on old mirrors, though not a CR-Z specifically. Sometimes the inner coating or "paint" just starts to flake off.
New mirror:
The old one was flaking on the edges, so I had to replace it. Not sure how it could happen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've installed new wheels and tires today! Front is sticking out a bit, will have to do something about it. I was planning to buy lowering springs but I'm afraid of rubbing after I heard a tiny bit of rubbing after going through bumps.

8301 - 8320 of 8323 Posts