Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

8281 - 8300 of 8347 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Mine had to come off in pieces too... For "just a couple screws" this was the single most pain-in-the-ass thing I've had to do to the CRZ.
Aren't the two screws, just metal screws, screwed into plastic? If so, next time try inserting a soldering iron in the head of the screw for a minute, should slip out like butter.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Any tips on installing Groovy shades (Litz)?
Ahhh, yeah! I didn't do anything fancy, except for the little mounts you tape to the door panels. I think I was paranoid that they'd fly off with my windows down, so I drilled one small hole in each of the two "bottom" clamps and attached with tape AND a screw.

The rear quarter window screen fit perfectly with no issues, but the ONE little tab that holds the one on the hatch window is a little weak, and I'd put one of those front/side plastic brackets on instead (if they give you an extra one. Clean, clean, clean the surfaces with alcohol and use adhesive promoter too.

My rear screen blocks a lot of light, especially at night, so you might want to drop it down for night driving, but I actually am okay with it at night too, since it really blocks headlights in my rearview mirror. What I don't know won't hurt me, right?

·
Registered
709 Posts
As if my weekend couldn't start off any worse. I seem to have misplaced my spare key. Even worse is that it has a keychain on it that says "CR-Z" making it completely obvious which model car it goes to... It's probably somewhere in the mess of my new house.

·
Registered
214 Posts
For the driver and passenger shades, I used the adhesion promoter, but for the bottom front I used magnets. Both to leave the sill clear when they are in and to allow for quicker easier removal for any drivethrough or traffic stop situations.

Litz is correct that the rear clip needs to be replaced with one of the other clips. You may want more than the standard adhesive, and to modify the clip to be one sided to make installation and removal easier.

You may find it too much for nighttime driving in the rear at that oblique angle.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Aren't the two screws, just metal screws, screwed into plastic? If so, next time try inserting a soldering iron in the head of the screw for a minute, should slip out like butter.
on the 11-12, there's a couple of screws into those blind nut clip things. They were completely seized on mine, and PB blaster was no help on one of them... cutting the plate holder off the screw was the only way to get it off.

·
Registered
709 Posts
New motor mounts for the Z. Went with 60A bushing option to get the least amount of vibration...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Today. I replaced my OEM run flats with non-run flat tires. The ride feels so much better than before. I went with Continental PureContact all season tires for now on my oem rims.

·
Super Moderator
5,094 Posts
I did not know that this car came with run flats. I bought mine new and it came with Dunlops. I know the Pierelli's I have are available in run flat but decided they were not worth the extra money when tire replacement time came up. I have had a few flats but 2 out of 3 were inflatable and drive-able and the third one was my fault I broke the valve stem on the TPMS sensor off. for that one I had it flat beded
Today. I replaced my OEM run flats with non-run flat tires. The ride feels so much better than before. I went with Continental PureContact all season tires for now on my oem rims.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did not know that this car came with run flats. I bought mine new and it came with Dunlops. I know the Pierelli's I have are available in run flat but decided they were not worth the extra money when tire replacement time came up. I have had a few flats but 2 out of 3 were inflatable and drive-able and the third one was my fault I broke the valve stem on the TPMS sensor off. for that one I had it flat beded
——
The 2016 Z‘s came with run flats as standard equipment. But, that meant you had no spare tire. So, hopefully I will not run into any issues.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Good to know. I thought about getting run-flats, but didn't know how the ride/performance would be affected. :)

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
For the driver and passenger shades, I used the adhesion promoter, but for the bottom front I used magnets. Both to leave the sill clear when they are in and to allow for quicker easier removal for any drivethrough or traffic stop situations.
I'll have to check out your magnet set up the next time I see you. I couldn't figure out the best way to secure them with magnets, so I went with the more standard mounting.

·
Super Moderator
5,094 Posts
2013s have no spare either just compressor with “fix a flat” many other years no spare either. There is a kit to add one discussed to death that does not fit well and raises the rear floor and the cover no longer clips in Etc.

8281 - 8300 of 8347 Posts