Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

8261 - 8280 of 8323 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Well... The CV axle from carquest is officially a no go. It's got the correct input shaft connection to the trans but... It's about an inch too short. Honda is on a 6-9 month backorder on new ones so I sent another used one from LKQ with 93k miles on it. This time if it doesn't work I'll at least get my money back as the part carries a 6 month/ 6k mile guarantee. As soon as Honda gets some in stock I'll eat the cost for a new one just to have a spare on hand...

·
Super Moderator
5,073 Posts
Well... The CV axle from carquest is officially a no go. It's got the correct input shaft connection to the trans but... It's about an inch too short. Honda is on a 6-9 month backorder on new ones so I sent another used one from LKQ with 93k miles on it. This time if it doesn't work I'll at least get my money back as the part carries a 6 month/ 6k mile guarantee. As soon as Honda gets some in stock I'll eat the cost for a new one just to have a spare on hand...
How could the one from Carquest be short? Could the one that broke be rebuilt?

·
Registered
708 Posts
The CV axle is a good candidate from LKQ. Car should be ready by tomorrow. on visual inspection there was no excessive play with the LKQ part..

·
Registered
55 Posts
My friend decided to sell me his Advan RG2 18x8 front & 18x8.5 rear that he used to rock on his Honda S2000. We test fitted the rear last year, it cleared everything. Wrapped in BridgeStone Potenza RE760 Sport 225/45/18 & 255/35/18 Now we test fitted the front to see if it rubs on the fender liner but it cleared it. New wheels for the spring & summer time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
well..... 12V is dying. time to upgrade to the 51R size.

Measures 11.5V, so I've got some time before I start having real issues. For now the remote is losing range (and it's not the remote's battery).

·
Super Moderator
5,073 Posts
well..... 12V is dying. time to upgrade to the 51R size.

Measures 11.5V, so I've got some time before I start having real issues. For now the remote is losing range (and it's not the remote's battery).
A little trick for car remotes hold to chin as you click button. It extends range.

How old is your under hood battery?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Finally got the front plate mount off. One screw came out with convincing. The other side I ended up using a plastic cutter to remove.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just finished mounting the Advan RGII’s for the weekend then back to stock wheels.

I’m on stock suspension.

18x8 front wrapped in Bridgestone Potenza RE760 225/40/18 Sport

18x8.5 rear wrapped in Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport 255/35/18

I’ll see how the gas milage is like this weekend and update! I usually get 23-26 mpg on stock wheels on normal & sports mod only because I go short distances. Best MPG I ever got was 35mph but that was like an drive from Seattle,WA to Bellingham,WA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
708 Posts
I didn't think it'd be so tough to get the front plate off. The one that's right in front of the spot for the tow hook, right?
There's two screws that hold the plate mount in to the grill. They were really stuck in there.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I didn't think it'd be so tough to get the front plate off. The one that's right in front of the spot for the tow hook, right?
There's two screws that hold the plate mount in to the grill. They were really stuck in there.
Mine had to come off in pieces too... For "just a couple screws" this was the single most pain-in-the-ass thing I've had to do to the CRZ.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Mine had to come off in pieces too... For "just a couple screws" this was the single most pain-in-the-ass thing I've had to do to the CRZ.
I also ended up breaking the line that holds the tow hook cover to the car... I'm probably changing out my grill at some point anyway...

8261 - 8280 of 8323 Posts