Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

8241 - 8260 of 8290 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Fingers crossed... The shop found a new oe quality driver's CV axle from carquest for $150... Should arrive tomorrow and they can fix her up Wednesday.
$150 doesn't seem bad at all, I was thinking there'd be much more to the cost, unless labor causes some spike. Best of fortune.

·
Registered
697 Posts
$150 doesn't seem bad at all, I was thinking there'd be much more to the cost, unless labor causes some spike. Best of fortune.
That's just for the part. Total with labor is going to be about $550 including front end alignment.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I just did an oil change, help me know what to look out for, is it all that sludge on the block or something else? How do I know the parts going bad? Tia :)
There was a HUGE splatter of CV axle grease on the driver's side. That usually means the boot is torn. I guess I didn't catch mine quick enough to have the axle rebuilt with new boots and grease.

·
Registered
697 Posts
The shop has my CV axle in and will have the car done tomorrow... They said the original axle had some play in it. That most likely was why I would get the occasional click when backing up or moving forward...

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Today I realized some asshole hit my car, smashed my fender in, broke the bumper clip and cracked my headlight lens.

Oh, and of course, didn't leave their insurance info.

And to make things worse.. my dash cam which runs all the time.. I can't seem to find the evidence. Its like they did it RIGHT in a gap where it reset, or something. I'm so pissed! This is gonna cost me a fortune!

·
Super Moderator
4,958 Posts
Aren’t you the one with a parts car? Still no collision insurance and again hit in the front. If you didn’t have bad luck you wouldn’t have any luck at all!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
@Spdbump .. the fender I have. No bumper, no clips, no headlight..

Also, it should be THEIR insurance that covers it.. If they don't hit and run. Still hoping I can find something on my cam. But there is like 3000000+ hrs to go through.

·
Super Moderator
4,958 Posts

Also, it should be THEIR insurance that covers it.. If they don't hit and run. Still hoping I can find something on my cam. But there is like 3000000+ hrs to go through.
It would be a No Fault claim where I live if you have collision and no evidence. Pay deductible only. But if I remember correctly you have liability only so out of pocket 😟.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts

Damn man, that sucks! I feel for you.

·
Super Moderator
4,958 Posts
Long shot even with video. The man that hit and runed The Speed Bump was never found. My collision covered it I was out the $250 deductible. My car was parked hit drivers side fender and front headlight, wheel well liner and many more parts over $5000 worth of damage. I feel for him too but these are the risks you take when you can't afford or choose to not have collision insurance. Hopefully some one some where or some supplier has all the parts he needs. I was in an accident backing into a parking spot lots of witnesses( who said in my presence we were both responsible but said something else in the reports they gave) and they still made me 100% responsible and my insurance had to repair her already damaged car even after she said she saw my back up lights and my car moving.

I wish him luck in finding all the parts he needs and being able to repair it himself.

Damn man, that sucks! I feel for you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Today I realized some asshole hit my car, smashed my fender in, broke the bumper clip and cracked my headlight lens.

Oh, and of course, didn't leave their insurance info.

And to make things worse.. my dash cam which runs all the time.. I can't seem to find the evidence. Its like they did it RIGHT in a gap where it reset, or something. I'm so pissed! This is gonna cost me a fortune!

Hope karma gets that person :( Not sure what year your car is but here’s a here’s the bumper clip part you need if your car is a 2011-2012 but if it’s not but at least you’ll know how the part looks like. I changed mines a few months ago cause someone hit me and broke all the tabs on both of them :(

This one goes between your bumper & fender

And here’s a link of me fixing my tabs

Broken tabs, where do I find a replacement ?
Broken tabs, where do I find a replacement ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Yeah, i mean, either way its not TOO bad. I already have the fender, the headlight is PROBABLY salvageable (if i really wanna go that route.. but I'm just gonna buy a new one), and the paint.. meh. Whatever. At some point I will get the scrapes painted on the bumper. For now, F it.

So.. not too bad. I will be upgrading my dash cam game tho, or configuring them better so I can get 24x7 coverage without the weird lapse in time.

Nice thing is, I can do all the work myself and have a spare car. I know how to pull the headlights apart in the oven, and it shouldn't be too bad.

Going to put the spare fender on this weekend, and actually think I have the clip I need from the other car. We will see. Hopefully nothing else damaged underneath.

8241 - 8260 of 8290 Posts