Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

8221 - 8240 of 8323 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
I was talking about running with no panel at all - OEM or beatrush. I'm not sure what the beatrush panel does - sounds like it's about as good as OEM though if you're still getting 41 in the low 50mph
I should be driving more conservatively though. I average 20-23 on my daily commutes. Still better then the Z06 owner that gets single digits for mpg...

·
Registered
708 Posts
Ahhh okay, that makes a lot of sense now... Cause I'm at 28-30 but it's cause of the widebody and fat ass wheels D=
I've managed 41 cruising 50-55 mph for about 50 miles with the current setup.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Replaced the IPU fan on my buddy’s car and it’s back in business.

In case you wonder, here’s my little write up...

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have a base model so I decided to install the Kenwood KSC-SW11 slim subwoofer behind passenger seat to add some bass to the music I listen to. The sub won’t shatter windows or wake your neighbors but I wanted something compact, doesn’t weight a whole lot, and doesn’t draw a lot of power. The sub doesn’t fit underneath the passenger seat and the seat can’t slide all the way back (Still good enough for the passenger). I did try to install it in the fake rear plastic seat but the sub sounds better behind the passenger seat.

The audio input comes from the right rear speaker. I will switch it to the stereo in the future when I decide to upgrade my stock radio... For now, it’s good enough...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Went to Honda to buy a engine air filter then I noticed a red Honda badge(Front only)for sale ($35) so I decided to take the risk and bought it. The pins didn’t line up with the holes so I broke the pins off the badge and made it smooth. I ended removing the original adhesive and used double sided taped and layed out like the shape of the badge. Hopefully it doesn’t come off.

Here’s the filter for my 2015 CRZ not sure if all years use the same but here’s a reference if you need a oem filter from Honda

Someone messed with my CF wrapped hood the other day while I was shopping and I noticed swirl marks when I got home. I used the griots spray on car wash & griots synthetic clay to remove it.

I went to Auto zone to buy new things for the spring & summer. Griots Spray On Car Wash, Griots Brilliant Finish Synthetic Clay, Griots Heavy Duty Wheel Cleaner, Griots Foaming Spray that you can use with a regular hose, Griots Brilliant Finish Car Wash. Soon I’ll be buying the Griots 3 in 1 Ceramic Wax or Chemical guys Hydroslick once the weather is warmer since it’s raining here in Seattle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
708 Posts
Well... My Z is at the shop getting the driver's CV axle replaced. Apparently the one I bought used was no good and the one they took out can't be rebuilt. Honda sadly has new ones for the CVT on backorder. The good news is I'm getting a FAT tax refund this week to cover the cost. Hopefully the car will be done soon.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Well... My Z is at the shop getting the driver's CV axle replaced. Apparently the one I bought used was no good and the one they took out can't be rebuilt. Honda sadly has new ones for the CVT on backorder. The good news is I'm getting a FAT tax refund this week to cover the cost. Hopefully the car will be done soon.
oof, bummer.

·
Registered
708 Posts
oof, bummer.
Hopefully the performance shop has better luck getting a used part then me. Thankfully my tax refund should cover the repair cost. If they buy from lkq... It comes with a 6 month 6,000 mile warranty.

·
Registered
708 Posts
End of cycle of the part I guess I know another person who’s not in this forum also broke his a couple weeks ago.

It’s like the IPU fan issue on 2011 CRZs. Most of them failed after the 8-9 year mark.
Luckily the fan is a cheap part. Honda wants about $650 for a driver's CV axle and they are on backorder at the moment.

8221 - 8240 of 8323 Posts