Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

8181 - 8200 of 8207 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Getting ready for a much needed oil change this Saturday. 4 qt 0w-30 race oil and an S2000 oil filter. Just in time for the 4 hr trip down south for the holidays...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Parked the CRZ for the last time at school for the academic year today...

;3 yo nurse is back till the 6th.

How's that head unit?! I need to upgrade mine... It's doing the typical very old poor android thing of running slow and crashing every app I open.
It looks stupid stylish though... Got an audible ouu from me in the library... I like it, a lot.
Dunno if you were asking me or the other person but mine is fine as long as you are patient with it (its no Galaxy Tab or Ipad) with my only major grip being it doesnt always grab internet from my tmobile sync-up (https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/syncup) but not sure if that's the headunit or the tmobile unit

·
Registered
666 Posts
Finally got both parts to my Sprintex fluid change kit. Might change out the fluid this weekend when I do my oil change.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Oil and Sprintex fluid change today. The oil was the usual dark black color and not the dreaded milky color. Sprintex fluid was dark as well. Car runs great on the 0w-30 race oil. Made the shocking discovery that my CV joint on the driver's side is leaking grease. Might be time for a rebuild or replacement of the half shafts. Spoon want almost $3k for their performance half shafts. Might just stick with OEM.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Enjoying the last few days with my RPF1s before they go off to its new home next Friday. :(

My next wheel set up for spring & summer is SSR Type C, 16x7 +30, Wrapped in NEW 205/45/16 new Bf Goodrich comp 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Parked the CRZ for the last time at school for the academic year today...

;3 yo nurse is back till the 6th.

How's that head unit?! I need to upgrade mine... It's doing the typical very old poor android thing of running slow and crashing every app I open.
It looks stupid stylish though... Got an audible ouu from me in the library... I like it, a lot.
If you are asking me, then it's pretty fast and not crashing. I'm not sure which apps do you want to use, but spotify and google maps works great. I'm going to make some upgrades soon, like usb DVR that connects to head unit and TPMS, but that will be closer to summer when I will be changing tires. I'm also looking for an obd plug, which works with this car. I bought one some time ago, it was the cheapest bluetooth plug, but it disconnects every few seconds, so it's basically garbage. From what I found in the internet, some cheap plugs use crappy bluetooth module which hangs on longer requests, so it works in some cars and crashes in other cars, depends on the long requests. That might be the case, because it works in my friend's 2008 mazda 6.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I got new fog light bulbs for Christmas. I thought both bulbs were burnt out. Turns out, the bulbs that were in there were HID and they were unplugged. No matter though, one pin had broken off on each plug on the car side. I had to run to Autozone and get new connectors and solder them in. Now I have fogs that work. Woo Hoo! 20 minute job turned into a 3 hour job with the hiccups and the trip to AZ.

·
Super Moderator
4,839 Posts
Weird! Glad you were able to self repair. :)

I got new fog light bulbs for Christmas. I thought both bulbs were burnt out. Turns out, the bulbs that were in there were HID and they were unplugged. No matter though, one pin had broken off on each plug on the car side. I had to run to Autozone and get new connectors and solder them in. Now I have fogs that work. Woo Hoo! 20 minute job turned into a 3 hour job with the hiccups and the trip to AZ.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Today I did a custom install on some cheap-o fog lights from amazon. OEM fogs were broken and removed by the previous owner. Also wrapped the chrome bits in the center console with carbon fibre Vinyl. Excuse the mess, my car has been the family car the past few months.

also hi I’m new, I’ve been stalking this thread since I was 12 and finally got my Z a year ago. Finally getting a chance to personalize it a bit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Today I did a custom install on some cheap-o fog lights from amazon. OEM fogs were broken and removed by the previous owner. Also wrapped the chrome bits in the center console with carbon fibre Vinyl. Excuse the mess, my car has been the family car the past few months.

also hi I’m new, I’ve been stalking this thread since I was 12 and finally got my Z a year ago. Finally getting a chance to personalize it a bit.

View attachment 60502
View attachment 60503
Did you pull the wrapped parts out to wrap them? I want to paint those along with the steering wheel and interior door handles on mine

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just did drilled and slotted rotors all the way around and new pads. She stopped good before but not she stops even better. Slowly making progress

Also installed 5mm spacers in front and 20mm spacers in the rear. Looks like I should have went to 25 or 30mm for the rear

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you pull the wrapped parts out to wrap them? I want to paint those along with the steering wheel and interior door handles on mine
yes, it was very straightforward, somebody did a write up on here about how to pull them. next on the wrapping list are the chrome doorpulls, and possibly the silver bits of the steering wheel. Who knows.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Not today (last weekend actually), but I took a roadtrip over to and stayed in Atlanta, GA for a few days. Having the CR-Z there was very fun actually. With the way traffic is and how everyone there is always in a rush -- plus all of the steep hills -- I had to drive the CR-Z fairly hard constantly, and I bet it was the fun sort of experience that Honda Beat drivers have most days. I let my dad drive the Z for the first time, and he really missed having a stick shift, so glad I was able to share that. Fun weekend all around. :)
20200112_092024.jpg

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yesterday I helped my friend to install the Spoon N1 exhaust. Everything else is stock except the muffler. Just to give you a background, I have had the HKS silence power muffler and now I have the HPD catback. I think the Spoon muffler sounds pretty decent. It’s slightly louder than HKS but doesn’t drone. It’s just enough deep note and the driver told me the car feel a little more peppy with it. Of course, the HPD is still my favorite but I like the Spoon muffler

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yesterday I helped my friend to install the Spoon N1 exhaust. Everything else is stock except the muffler. Just to give you a background, I have had the HKS silence power muffler and now I have the HPD catback. I think the Spoon muffler sounds pretty decent. It’s slightly louder than HKS but doesn’t drone. It’s just enough deep note and the driver told me the car feel a little more peppy with it. Of course, the HPD is still my favorite but I like the Spoon muffler
I absolutely love the Spoon N1 on both of my L-series cars. I have it on my 2016 with a T1R (I think) secondary cat delete and the crackles/pops during hot start are great! Its just a pinch louder of course because of the secondary cat delete but civil enough for daily use without the silencer.

Anywho... What have I done with the CR-Z?

Short and sweet story...

In the last week or so I've test fitted and modified an Acuity pedal spacer (raises and/or relocates to help with heal-toe), swapped my old take off tires onto my autocross beater wheels and took about a 720 mile round trip.

Extended story/ James May level ramble...

A while back (April I think), I had reached out to Acuity to check and see if any accelerator pedal spacer were offered for the CR-Z. They didn't have one listed but did have some sample pieces in stock that would work with the 2016's accelerator pedal bolt pattern. So I offered to be a test mule and found that the spacer did not work due to hitting a portion of the steering column's shaft. Fast forward to this last Sunday of me remembering this item and massaging it with a bench grinder for a bit, I got it to work in one of the three positions featured. Accelerator is now roughly the same height as the brake pedal which is weird for me but I"ll give it a few more weeks to adjust to.this change.

Tuesday/Wednesday, I pulled off the junked and poorly worn RE71s off the Enkei TS-10s and slapped on my old Continental Extreme Contact DWs in preparation for a trip. This choice was a mix of a theory based on rolling resistance, aerodynamics and to have some tires that were actually quiet on the darn car. LOL

I was wanting to run my daily wheel (Motegi Traklites with Dunlop DZ102s) but did not want to deal with the road noise coming form those tires. They've only been in service for roughly 7k miles and the inner most tread are starting to scallop fairly good from its first drain vein to the sidewall as well as was a noticeably harder tire compound and sidewall when dealing with bumps. The DWs still had a pinch of life in them even at 3/32nds; shorter and lighter tire due to tread depth, MUCH better grip and even wear across the tires. Both wheels are 17x8s, about the same weight but the Enkei's have a 5mm higher offset so they'll be pushed slightly more to the car's centerline and not poke out as much from behind the front bumper. Tires were 215/45R17s for anyone curious as well.

Friday, I took the Z out to a wedding just north east of Dallas, Tx and returned yesterday afternoon. Ride was nice, comfortable, and quiet... even with almost spent tires and a silenced Spoon N1 humming away at 3k for almost 4 hours. The Spoon suspension still to this day surprises me with how balanced it is between comfort and performance, noticeably firmer than stock but very civil for long trips such as this. According to the drive history, I averaged 36.1 MPG for the tank to the wedding plus misc. driving around and on the return trip I seen 40.3 MPG for the tank, again with some misc. driving around.

As for the "theory", I did notice about a 2 to 4 MPG increase during my usual commuting just before trip going from Traklites w/ DZ102s to the TS-10s w/ DWs. During the trip itself, I didn't see the results I was looking for fuel economy wise due to weather conditions (rain and constant wind gusts) so I might try this experiment again locally.

8181 - 8200 of 8207 Posts