Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

8161 - 8179 of 8179 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
just a little teasing. Sorry if I hit a nerve. You did a good job reacting to the situation though.

That was the moment I decided I needed better brakes too...
I'm not mad. I was trying to be funny about it. Just joking with you.

·
Registered
655 Posts
just a little teasing. Sorry if I hit a nerve. You did a good job reacting to the situation though.

Also... My rears were shot and the fronts were OK at best. Now I've got new brakes all around and Pilot Supersports. Should do better next year.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Posted on FB but not here. On Saturday I put in a GE8 manifold (thanks @ptrhang !), did an MTF change and test fitted the C-West under spoiler. It's gonna need a good bit of fitment work and paint, so if anyone knows a person who can do that sort of work in PA let me know!

·
Super Moderator
4,614 Posts
When I went to school in upstate New York we used to put on the antennas a large flag with our initials but back in those days cars had fixed mast antennas. I am not sure what you do these days to make sure you clear off the right car. 🤪

I haven't done anything with my Z yet today. I think I found it, but I'm not sure.:oops:
View attachment 60249 View attachment 60250

·
Premium Member
5,637 Posts

Huh... and I was thinking my OEM brakes were doing just fine at that particular junction in the road. (I was just being a little too casual, considering there was a FULL STOP just ahead, er, right NOW.) :)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Huh... and I was thinking my OEM brakes were doing just fine at that particular junction in the road. (I was just being a little too casual, considering there was a FULL STOP just ahead, er, right NOW.) :)
And we all were like...

·
Registered
655 Posts
And we all were like...
View attachment 60251
Well... If I do legend 2 pistons then the housemate will get the type S calipers. He got the fit manifold when I went full Sprintex. He's also got a free used throttle body to give it the maxbore treatment... I'm trying to get him ready for Dragon meet 2020 so he won't have an excuse to take out the V8 Stang.

·
Registered
47 Posts

I bought a plug and play wiring harness for the LED lights on the lip for $20. I was never going to run the LED lights but I got bored and decided I should put it to use & have fun with it. I didn’t want to tap into my fogs or DRL cause it’s not worth it. I’m going to run the LED lights independently. I didn’t get to finish the passenger side cause I lost the extra wiring that came with the lip but here’s a couple sample photos with the LED lights on with the fogs off/on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,637 Posts
Tinkering around in the garage this morning, and thought I'd check the air filter on the CVT-CR-Z. It's got a Mugen air box, and my other CR-Z has the HPD, and for some reason, I thought both of them used the same filter (from an '09 Civic Si,) but nope--the Mugen box is not as wide as the HPD's. On top of that, I totally forgot that the Mugen box had the K&N reusable filter, which just needs cleaned and oiled. Not sure where my head was at this morning, so I wrote that off as getting old and senile.

Anyhow, I cleaned up the K&N and let it dry near a furnace vent while doing the weekly car clean-up/detail routine. Put the clean and dried air filter in, bolted up the Mugen air box, and just as I closed the hood, looking at the shiny, clean car with a clean air filter--I realized I forgot to spray/oil the filter after cleaning. [Remove filter again, and oil it...] Diagnosis now confirmed: Not getting old and senile, I've actually gotten it, for sure.

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just installed chinese android head unit with GPS and and rear view camera.

Before:

After:

Unfortunately my hazard lights button and passenger airbag panel did not fit out of the box. I think that the bracket was made to replace original navigation head unit. I had to fabricate custom bracket for hazard lights button (the screw holes were too far apart and the same length while my button required different length. The passenger airbag panel had to be sanded down on one side to fit the bracket. I also had to cut one side of the mounting bracket.

The rearview camera is also mounted on custom bracket on distances, so it hides inside of the bumper partially. I've also painted screws with the same color as the bumper (I bought the original paint some time ago to correct some rock chips).

I guided the cable to rear view camera inside the center console, under the carpet, under rear seat, then to the side trunk panel. Tapped to the reverse light inside the car, just removed part of the insulation without cutting the wires and soldered my power cable to that. Then I guided connectors from the camera to the inside using original hole with rubber gasket (it was hard to fit connectors through the gasket, but I was able to force them in, then used PVC tape to seal the gasket the same way it was originally, so it shouldn't allow any water inside.

The device itself is pretty nice, 8 core intel atom, 64 gb internal memory and 4gb ram. It's very responsive and packs tons of funtions. My original steering wheel buttons allows me to control music, radio and answer / reject calls (next track also rejects calls, previous track answers). I've also inserted a sim card, so I have internet in car without the need of turning on hotspot on my phone. I primarily listen to spotify, so now it saves me a lot of weird movements to fish out my phone from the pocket.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Posted on FB but not here. On Saturday I put in a GE8 manifold (thanks @ptrhang !), did an MTF change and test fitted the C-West under spoiler. It's gonna need a good bit of fitment work and paint, so if anyone knows a person who can do that sort of work in PA let me know!
View attachment 60244
View attachment 60245
Looks great, that manifold definitely looks better!
Still got the red spoon manifold for sale

·
Registered
426 Posts
Just installed chinese android head unit with GPS and and rear view camera...
I did similar in mine with a 10" model though it looks similar (as they all seem to do) to yours, however; I do like how yours is more molded in...what model is it?

8161 - 8179 of 8179 Posts