Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

What did you do to the 'Z today?

1265569 Views 9929 Replies 647 Participants Last post by  lauren01
So other car forums I've been on have had a thread where you can go and post up a brief description and a couple of pics of something you did to your car today. Since we don't have one on here(neither Google or I were able to find one) I decided to try and start one.

Ran power and ground wires for my amp tonight. Power was a pain to get through the firewall, but I ended up using the OEM grommet behind the fan on the passenger side footwell. Tucked all the wire away and at first glance you probably wouldn't even notice it which is just the way I like it.

See less See more
5561 - 5580 of 9930 Posts
Just for fun... got new shoes for my CR-Z... hee hee hee...

245/40ZR17 Pirelli P Zero on Stock Rims!!!

Ok... just kidding. These are the wheels on my just built CR-Z Model.

Thought you all might like a little mid-week laugh.
See less See more
I get my lil Z from the local Honda body shop later today. I'm so freakin excited haha
Swapped out the spark plugs for Denso IK22's...and dropped a 10mm ratchet end into the engine bay :(

I heard it hit metal at the bottom. I lifted the car up and can't see much of anything under there, although I can see where the plugs go and so it must be straight down from there. Ugh.

On the plus side, the swap was a success, although I haven't taken it out for a spin yet.
Had some free time today so threw on my brother's SSR SP1s. They're 18×8.5 not sure of offset.. but sadly they don't clear the calipers

Sorry for the dirty car.. It rained the other night.

Attachments

See less See more
Painted calipers--was going to go for red, but the white with white with white theme prevailed:

...after everything goes white, I hope to find the JDM Hybrid metallic orange to splash around.
See less See more
Look what just came in!!!

Now waiting for some OEM suspension parts to come in before installation. Can't wait!! :hyper:
See less See more
Installed my new Curt hitch (part #11077) and Swagman XC2 bike rack this morning. Time to hit the trails....
Tinted my taillights and also added a hood stripe and side pinstripe

Attachments

See less See more
Painted calipers--was going to go for red, but the white with white with white theme prevailed:

...after everything goes white, I hope to find the JDM Hybrid metallic orange to splash around.
That looks great and like a nightmare to keep clean. :pP:
Went for a nice cruise here in Everett and eventually made my way to a Value Village to drop off some things. I pulled up and said hello through my open window, and before I could get out of the car he was already complimenting it. We talked briefly as I handed him my bags of stuff from the back and I gave him the basic rundown: Honda CR-Z, hybrid with a 6-speed manual trans, kinda like a new generation of the CRX which is a favorite of mine. He asked if the car had a turbo--unfortunately not--but didn't seem any less impressed by my answer. As I was leaving, we both agreed that the car was too quiet and a better exhaust was in my future.

When I got home I did something I've been meaning to do for a while: sort out the cable danging from my dashboard camera. I had quite a few Velcro strips and went to work using them to secure the cable somewhat neatly. I didn't have much of a plan but it's not exactly like I was trying to create a masterpiece, just trying to keep the cable out of the way of my view through the windshield plus not have a bunch of excess cable just hanging out. I ran it all the way to the passenger side of the car, down the dash under the glovebox, and back over to the ports on my 12v splitter. I've got a splitter because I have to have a spare 12v port for work purposes and I like to still keep the dashcam going. Anyway, what I once thought was an excessively long cable was actually the perfect length to be run all the way around my interior like I did. And if I ever need to pull the cable, I'll be glad I don't have to take anything apart.

Attachments

See less See more
That looks great and like a nightmare to keep clean. :pP:
Thanks a lot Art! You know yourself, that white CRZ's are the fastest, and I'm just counting on centrifugal force to keep 'em clean, and the nightmares at bay.:blink:

I did put some WheelWax on them for the first time, just to see if that stuff will make any difference.
Today I made an appointment to get the HPD side/door decals installed in 2 weeks, and I painted the Brake Calipers red myself.

I'm quite happy with the results :thumbsup:
See less See more
Today I made an appointment to get the HPD side/door decals installed in 2 weeks, and I painted the Brake Calipers red myself.

Looks sweet! ...and all the parts in the fender-well still look pristine!
THis was 2 or three weeks ago at Panda Junction...I dont have my lip and eyelids on, so it has to be at least 2 weeks ago. I had a cruise set up for the DMV area...about 15 cars were part of it.

See less See more
Looks sweet! ...and all the parts in the fender-well still look pristine!
I know, that was my thought exactly when I got the wheels off. I'm used to working on my worn-out, 13-year-old RSX, and here's all these shiny, brand new parts in my Z!

I want to paint mine blue. Did you take the calipers off? Is there a special paint I need to use?
I was considering blue too, but decided the red would stand out better. I left the Calipers on. I got the paint at Autozone, just look for Brake Caliper Paint. I sprayed the paint into a plastic container and used a paintbrush to paint it on each caliper. I did about 3 coats each and it took 2 to 3 hours I'd like to say.
Good luck, and please post some pics when you're done!
I was considering blue too, but decided the red would stand out better. I left the Calipers on. I got the paint at Autozone, just look for Brake Caliper Paint. I sprayed the paint into a plastic container and used a paintbrush to paint it on each caliper. I did about 3 coats each and it took 2 to 3 hours I'd like to say.
Good luck, and please post some pics when you're done!
Thanks man!
Dipped

Dipped the side panel. wheels are shopped for now

Attachments

See less See more
Dipped the side panel. wheels are shopped for now
Did you tape it off, peel, or remove to dip that? I was considering doing mine, I don't think its hard to remove (at least to me, it'd be easier to remove to paint than cleaning overspray)
5561 - 5580 of 9930 Posts