Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
For me there are only pluses for the CR-Z!
It's a great looking car, with good fuel efficiency and good handling. The driving is really fun and it's 'cheap' for a hybrid.
It could use a bit more power. But on the other side that's something you could mention on almost every car. ;)

·
Registered
170 Posts
It's a great looking car, with good fuel efficiency and good handling. The driving is really fun and it's 'cheap' for a hybrid.
It could use a bit more power. But on the other side that's something you could mention on almost every car. ;)
Ditto. Drive one, if you like the drive, there will be no minuses. If there are things that you don't like on the drive, don't get it, if you need more than two seats, don't get it.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I agree. The car is wonderful. Its a car guys car. It is fun to drive .....

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
are you asking plus or minuses compared to a 2012 or just in general? If youre asking in relation to the 2012 info about it has not been released so we cant say. If youre asking about the general minuses there is a whole thread: What dont you like about the CR-Z

·
Registered
122 Posts
The sunroof is the debbie downer for me. I had dealer installed heated leather seats put in my EX NAVI when I got it, so that problem was taken care of. I am pretty sure the European CRZ GT comes with a sunroof, although I am not sure if it opens or is a fixed version, as there ain't a lot of room up top for the glass to slide with that fin up there.

Still, that is a small complaint. The car looks cool, rides great, handles well, gets really good (IMHO, although reviewers seem to think 40 MPG in a hybrid sucks) gas mileage, and can also be sporty when I want it to be. Add to that the (depending on version you get) really cool dashboard/interior, HID headlights, fog lamps, bluetooth hands free phone and navigation, automatic climate control, auto dimming mirror, IPOD adapter, satellite radio, and for mine, the armrest/center console, heated leather seats, and the North Shore Blue, the coolest of all blues, for $24,000 and it is a pretty unbeatable deal.

The only thing I am adding to mine is a backup camera hooked to the NAV screen if possible, and if not aftermarket backup sensors. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thats what I thought. If they do, it can't be much cause as I said, not a lot of room up there with the fin for the glass to slide. A fixed glass would be fine for me too LDRCRZ. Just for the light and the stars at night. Why would they not put this on American cars? Are they still angry at us over Hiroshima or something?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I guess. Moonroof, heated leather seats, and the pushbutton start would have been really cool though. Bit you are probably right. I lived in Europe for a number of years and the "hot hatch" is definitely more popular there than here in the land of the V8.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Down side - Only a 2 seater
Up side - Only holds 2 people, never get asked to carpool, haul junk
Up side - comes in stick so the wife and kids can't drive it!
Up side - lots of smiles driving it
Up side - beer money left over after filling tank!

K

·
Registered
32 Posts
Down side - Only a 2 seater
Up side - Only holds 2 people, never get asked to carpool, haul junk
Up side - comes in stick so the wife and kids can't drive it!
Up side - lots of smiles driving it
Up side - beer money left over after filling tank!

K
Those are 100% true, especially the first one.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
To quote Richard Hammond "It's a Honda, so it's as reliable as the universe"

On a serious note, I really love the car. It has all the pluses you would expect from most any small car, but it doesn't take away features and gadgets to be what it is. It is easily the best looking hybrid atm, and it is fun to drive without making you cringe every time you fill the tank up.

What I would say are the minuses are things that you would get with any small car; that it just isn't a big car ;) Sure you can get quicker or roomier cars for the same money, but I don't want that. It only took 1 test drive for me and I ruled out all the other cars I had looked at.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.