Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
The 1st Gen Insight has a spare tire. The battery pack is located just aft of the front seats and there is still plenty of room from there to the rear of the car for a spare tire, plus a small covered storage box.

I find it strange that the CRZ doesn't have a spare.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No, it does not have a spare tyre. It has a complex puncture repair kit.
This is correct, I asked this when ordering and the fella showed me the kit under the mat.. You can actually take it out and there is room to store a spare and the space is even rounded to accept it so it doesn't slide around.. About £150 for a steel spare I believe.

Oh I also had this in my Megane CC and no room to put a spare at all... M25 tire shredding was not fun!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I quote:

"When opened, the rear cargo zone length measures 30.3 inches (770 mm) with an approximate cargo volume of 10.1 cubic feet. An additional small storage area is located under the rear cargo floor above the spare tire, amounting to 0.6 cubic feet (2.0 liters). "

from here: 2011 Honda CR-Z: Interior - Honda.com

I can't speak for other markets, but it sounds to me like the US market will have the spare tire (presumably a donut).

I also remember seeing a picture of it, the optional subwoofer sits in spare-tire IIRC, but I can't find that pic at the moment. I think it was taken at the E3 preview.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes, clearly Honda has to build cars that conform to safety regulations in each country. My own CR-Z has a puncture repair kit, which I hope I never have to use. There are no spare tyres listed in my Modulo options catalogue.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I quote:

"When opened, the rear cargo zone length measures 30.3 inches (770 mm) with an approximate cargo volume of 10.1 cubic feet. An additional small storage area is located under the rear cargo floor above the spare tire, amounting to 0.6 cubic feet (2.0 liters). "

from here: 2011 Honda CR-Z: Interior - Honda.com

I can't speak for other markets, but it sounds to me like the US market will have the spare tire (presumably a donut).

I also remember seeing a picture of it, the optional subwoofer sits in spare-tire IIRC, but I can't find that pic at the moment. I think it was taken at the E3 preview.
This could explain why the US models is slightly heavier then other markets.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The UK owner's handbook/manuel has 2 drawings of the boot space with the two 'options' ie with a spare and with a kit. (Might scan it later if I remember.) I'd have preferred a space saver spare but it is not a UK option as far as I know.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It has a spare tire...

Took delivery of our premium white CR-Z (CVT) from Richmond Honda (Richmond, B.C., Canada) yesterday and I can confirm that it has a full size spare tire. :thumbsup:

The tire is located under the trunk and can be accessed by lifting the rear end of the trunk flooring (hinged).

Build Your Honda Enter ZIP Code: V6V 1W8

·
Registered
43 Posts
benggolf i was just at the richmond honda today and they told me they already sold one. congratulations buddy. i checked out the white standard one they have there, it's sweet. unfortunately they wouldn't even let me test drive it without getting my credit approval and such. they just lost a customer..........

·
Registered
31 Posts
benggolf i was just at the richmond honda today and they told me they already sold one. congratulations buddy. i checked out the white standard one they have there, it's sweet. unfortunately they wouldn't even let me test drive it without getting my credit approval and such. they just lost a customer..........
What I understand from the staff is sold already to Ben @ AJ Racing.
Dealers are getting a very small allocation of CR-Zs at this time. What I heard is 2 units per month, but Richmond Honda being a high volume dealer will likely get more; maybe 2 per week.

If you want one, suggest you put in a deposit or a unit with a subject. That way you will be assured of getting 1 fairly quickly. Go see Ricky Leung.

·
Registered
31 Posts
btw benggolf, have they given you an insurance quote on the crz yet? i'm wondering if i'm going to end up saving any money on insurance if i trade in my accord.
Lucian, the basic coverage is $1,338.00; collision ($300 deductable) is $502; comprehensive ($300 deductable) is $271.

I have maximum 43% discount with more than 10 years driving experience + gold star + replacement cost (collision & comprehensive). Total annual premium came to $1,285.00.

Hope this helps. :) Actually, I will be getting a small refund from ICBC as I traded my 09 Brabus Smart for the CR-Z. You should be saving some money on the CR-Z over the Accord. Nothing is really final at this point, I was told by the insurance agent as there is not enough new CR-Z registration at this point to set up rates for the car.

·
Registered
43 Posts
benggolf thanks for all the info. i assumed you were the one who got the first crz at richmond but guess not. so from i gather then i would be saving quite a bit from my current insurance costs. i pay around $250 per month, but then again i'm only at 20% right now. after my calculations it looks like i'd be saving almost $100 per month over this car, wicked.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
benggolf thanks for all the info. i assumed you were the one who got the first crz at richmond but guess not. so from i gather then i would be saving quite a bit from my current insurance costs. i pay around $250 per month, but then again i'm only at 20% right now. after my calculations it looks like i'd be saving almost $100 per month over this car, wicked.....

Lucian, I was the first one that took delivery of the CR-Z in Richmond Honda. I left a deposit with them about 1.5 months ago. My salesman called me the moment the 2 units (premium white) arrived at the dealership. Took delivery the very next day. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
icic, seems i'm quite confused. i'm impressed that you put a deposit down without driving the car first. it's definitely a nice ride but i still haven't gotten a chance to test drive it yet so i'm not sure if i want to make a purchase or not yet. i'm making some assumptions that the car will most likely drive well enough for me to purchase, but not until i test drive first. =)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.