Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my seat covers today.. took about 4 weeks to arrive after ordering. Cost was $330.00 total including shipping.

That includes the following:

Inflatable Lumbar Support on Drivers Side
Large Pocket on both sides (back of seats)
UV protectant / Shampoo Kit
Seatcovers - Black / Royal Blue

I have used Wet Okole seatcovers in the past and have always been pleasantly surprised at the quality of the stitching, materials, and design. These did not disappoint me!

I got them installed in little over an hour. I am very picky about installs like this. Because of the lack of space under the CR-Z seats (and rather large hands) , I found it necessary to pull the four bolts that mount the seat rails to the floor... just so I could lean the seats back to work on installing the covers from underneath the seats. Very easy to do! I did not disconnect any of the wires / cables under the seat (Airbag, seat sensor, etc..)

When installing seatcovers like this, make sure of a couple of things.

1. all straps that go beneath the seat should be between the seat rails and the seat itself.. not under the seat rails.
2. Try to route the straps under the seat so that they are free... not riding on any cables or wires, or anything sharp.
3 Always test the seats for sliding back and forth freely, and reclining freely after after the install... just to make sure they aren't safety hazards.

Pictures:

Seat Top

Seat Bottom

Back Top

Back inside

Lumbar Support (drivers side)

Rear of Back

Closeup of Pockets

There has been some concern about the Side Airbag deployment if you are using seatcovers. Wet Okole has addressed this by leaving a gap where the airbag is. It is virtually invisible when installed.. as you can see below:

This is the airbag gap when held open:

The seat covers consist of a 1/8" neoprene rubber with a nylon cloth on the outside, and foam on the inside. The seatcovers are about a 1/2" thick... and are very comfortable.

Installed (from passenger side)

Installed (from drivers side)

Installed (Drivers seat)

Installed (Passengers seat)

The Royal Blue matches the blue stitching in the CR-Z almost perfectly. The pictures don't really show the exact shade.. they are slightly lighter due to the flash. Wet Okole will send free color samples to anyone that is interested, if you want to check the exact color. Car Seat Covers | Seat Covers | Custom Seat Covers | Truck Seat Covers | Automotive Seat Covers

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
those are really really sweet man! i'm holding out for the clazzio's but if they don't come soon enough, well, you know.

btw, the honda belt slip goes well with those covers, but is it on upside down?

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
those are really really sweet man! i'm holding out for the clazzio's but if they don't come soon enough, well, you know.

btw, the honda belt slip goes well with those covers, but is it on upside down?
Yes.. I know!:rolleyes: On the shoulder pad.. I guess it depends on how you look at it.. I have had some people tell me upside down.. others tell me the H should be up, not down. I think I might try it your way... see if I like that better.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Yes.. I know!:rolleyes: On the shoulder pad.. I guess it depends on how you look at it.. I have had some people tell me upside down.. others tell me the H should be up, not down. I think I might try it your way... see if I like that better.:thumbsup:
i'd say to do it the other way, but again, those belt covers really set off the seat covers man. i'm really digging it.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'd say to do it the other way, but again, those belt covers really set off the seat covers man. i'm really digging it.
Ebay, my man, Ebay! :hi5:

if you notice.. that orientation is great on the passenger side.. it just doesn't work on the drivers side! Can I live with one setup totally opposite from the other??? I don't know.. but yea.. I will try that!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Ebay, my man, Ebay! :hi5:

if you notice.. that orientation is great on the passenger side.. it just doesn't work on the drivers side! Can I live with one setup totally opposite from the other??? I don't know.. but yea.. I will try that!
from the looks of it, i'd flip the drive side, but i'm splitting hairs here lol

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was wondering if they get warm in the summer?? Seems to me if there neoprene a person would swet alot. They look really nice.
I have had them on several vehicles, in Florida, Texas, New Mexico and Colorado.. in tempatures ranging from 100+ down to -30 or so.....

they dont get hot like vinyl does in the sun... although they might feel warm to the touch.. but they dont make you sweat. The cloth outer layer acts as a buffer for the actual neoprene rubber.

In the cold.. they can feel cold for a little bit, but warm up quickly... and are very comfortable.

I am one of those people who do not get cold easily... but can get way too hot... so I can't speak for everyone, but the above is how the seatcovers are for me.

They are totally waterproof, (except for the seams.. although I have never had those leak either)! Great for pets, as they are very durable... dont show wear hardly at all.

I have some wetsuits (same material) that I have had 15-20 years, that have been heavily abused... they are still solid.. a little faded from years on sunny boats and salt water, but not bad at all. Seatcovers wont be subjected to those kinds of harsh environments, and if taken care of.. will easily last as long as you keep the car.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Not really a fan of the blue. But hey, to each his own and I'm glad you like it.

I'm a SCUBA divemaster (PADI) and I'm very familiar w/ neoprene. Are these hot to sit in for a while? Like do they absorb your body heat? I'm pretty exothermic and if so, these are out.

Is there a black option? I'd love those with the lumbar support. That's something I really need and have been looking for in completely new seats. But this is way cheaper.

EDIT: :lol: That's what I get for not reading the whole thread. But there are some other ?s you can answer in my post, I think.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not really a fan of the blue. But hey, to each his own and I'm glad you like it.

I'm a SCUBA divemaster (PADI) and I'm very familiar w/ neoprene. Are these hot to sit in for a while? Like do they absorb your body heat? I'm pretty exothermic and if so, these are out.

Is there a black option? I'd love those with the lumbar support. That's something I really need and have been looking for in completely new seats. But this is way cheaper.

EDIT: :lol: That's what I get for not reading the whole thread. But there are some other ?s you can answer in my post, I think.
hahaha... yep.. gotta read the early stuff! :hi5:

And they have all Black and a whole lot of other colors also!

So you are a diver also? COOL! I have been NAUI / PADI advanced since the early 80's... and did most of the PADI dive medic back when I was doing the search and rescue / Paramedic thing.. just never finished the cert. I have played divemaster on a lot of boats, even though I don't have the ticket, just been diving for over 40 years.

maybe someday we can get wet..... I oughta come visit you in MehHeeCo!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
hahaha... yep.. gotta read the early stuff! :hi5:

And they have all Black and a whole lot of other colors also!

So you are a diver also? COOL! I have been NAUI / PADI advanced since the early 80's... and did most of the PADI dive medic back when I was doing the search and rescue / Paramedic thing.. just never finished the cert. I have played divemaster on a lot of boats, even though I don't have the ticket, just been diving for over 40 years.

maybe someday we can get wet..... I oughta come visit you in MehHeeCo!
Hell yeah! I love diving. Speaking of, my Medic/First Aid is expiring in a few months. I need to sign up for a class at the fire department.

I remember getting/having the Cert for Rescue diver/First Aid. The jump up to Divemaster from Rescue is HUGE. The curriculum includes Dalton' Law of Partial Pressure, Boyle's Law, and more physics. It's more like College, really. And that's just a bit of the classroom. The physical requirments where very hard, too.
But honestly, if you're a good diver and can retain info, study well and tread water for a couple hours you can do it.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hell yeah! I love diving. Speaking of, my Medic/First Aid is expiring in a few months. I need to sign up for a class at the fire department.

I remember getting/having the Cert for Rescue diver/First Aid. The jump up to Divemaster from Rescue is HUGE. The curriculum includes Dalton' Law of Partial Pressure, Boyle's Law, and more physics. It's more like College, really. And that's just a bit of the classroom. The physical requirments where very hard, too.
But honestly, if you're a good diver and can retain info, study well and tread water for a couple hours you can do it.
That is the problem.. I didnt want to do it! I just wanted to dive.. not babysit! As it was, anytime I was on boat where the captain knew me... I would usually end up setting the anchor, and get put together with one of the LESS experienced divers.. cuz they knew I would take good care of them, and show them lots of pretty fishies!

My rescue diver instructor was one of my best friends... and an ex Navy Seal instructor... I thought he was was trying to kill me! He thought a 3 mile surface tow was a normal thing to do.. hauling the biggest lout in the group! :pP:! But it was fun! I wanted the knowledge so I could use it if needed... but didn't really want the cert.

I love Physics... one of my favorite subjects in college! And in life!

Nope.. I have enough responsibility in real life.. diving is for fun! Although I haven't been under since I left Florida ten years ago... I do miss it!

btw.. my body mass is such that I sink even in salt water... even with a good deep breath. I have to constantly be moving.. no floating for me. ( I should say.. that used to be the way it was... now I am old and chubby!):sadwavey:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
That is the problem.. I didnt want to do it! I just wanted to dive.. not babysit! As it was, anytime I was on boat where the captain knew me... I would usually end up setting the anchor, and get put together with one of the LESS experienced divers.. cuz they knew I would take good care of them, and show them lots of pretty fishies!

My rescue diver instructor was one of my best friends... and an ex Navy Seal instructor... I thought he was was trying to kill me! He thought a 3 mile surface tow was a normal thing to do.. hauling the biggest lout in the group! :pP:! But it was fun! I wanted the knowledge so I could use it if needed... but didn't really want the cert.

I love Physics... one of my favorite subjects in college! And in life!

Nope.. I have enough responsibility in real life.. diving is for fun! Although I haven't been under since I left Florida ten years ago... I do miss it!

btw.. my body mass is such that I sink even in salt water... even with a good deep breath. I have to constantly be moving.. no floating for me. ( I should say.. that used to be the way it was... now I am old and chubby!):sadwavey:
That's why I only carry my Advanced Cert. :) And that's part of the physical curiculum of Recue; 3 mile tow. And it's a bitch.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think I might be slow or something but I clicked the link that you posted and I went to their website but they don't list the cr-z. Haha. How'd you order yours? Did you contact them?
You will need to call them.. they haven't updated thier website yet... Sorry, I should have mentioned that!:sadwavey:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.