Votes: 6 3.8%
  • No, I never had a CRX

Votes: 93 58.9%
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For myself, I have fallen for the CR-Z because to me, it's a GEN3 CRX.

What about you, do you have any CRX history?

Gt a CRX story you want to share?

Here is mine. I got it in Feb 1991 with 12k miles on it
I used it for 10-years as my track car, my avatar is me running up The Esses at Watkins Glen
I'm now up to about 109k miles, and it only comes out in the summer on dry days

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 1st Honda was a '83 Accord Hatchback
From that I went to an '87 CRX-Si
And then into my '90 CRX-Si

And what's funny, the '83 Accord was smaller than my '90 CRX-Si

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I still have my 2nd Gen CR-X. Pics are in my garage.
That's great, nice looking Rex!

I kept the OEM engine, just added header, intake, chip
The lion's share of the money went into the suspension

I recently sold my all original 1985 Honda 650 Nighthawk to a collector in Texas, all the money I got from that I'm putting right back into mine. I have the 2-classic honda rust spots at the back of the back wheel arches where the back bumper connects. The bubbling paint tells the story, so this year I'll be getting that fixed.

I can understand why Honda choose not to call the CR-Z a CRX, but boy oh boy, when I see the CR-Z, it just looks to me like a modern CRX, and I just love it!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i want another Gen2, but right now have to wait to get a house so i have a place to work on it. but then ill probably have kid(s) so will have to wait on that also. Ill be dead before i do what i want.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I'm guessing this poll is going to be very heavily weighted towards "No, I never had a CRX."

That's cool!

I really had no idea what to expect.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Had a white '86 CRX for more than 12 years -- more than 120K miles. Bought her brand new off the lot when I really couldn't afford it. It was one of the best decisions I ever made. Everyone told me -- even my mom -- that the car and I were a perfect match. So much fun to drive, no mechanical issues -- and I could pack a LOT of stuff into the back for trips. Climbing into my CRZ for a test drive -- well, it felt a lot like a homecoming.

·
Registered
618 Posts
The 1985 CRX-Si (first model year for the Si) was the first "new" car I bought. Bought it right after high school graduation after having worked in a variety of summer jobs and driving a school bus for a couple of years (back then, you could actually drive a bus while you were a student).

Wonderful little car. Drove it for 7 years, 105k miles, and still got a third of what I paid for it when I sold it. Good enough for 36 mpg on my homeward weekend commutes from college. And big enough to haul a semester's worth of dorm crap (fridge, microwave, furniture, TV, books) in one trip, back and forth each year.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The first time I saw a CRX I was stationed in Germany in 1985. Almost bought a BMW while I was over there, would have only cost me $10,000 brand new. But I just really liked te CRX, so when I returned to Ft. Knox I bought a 86' CRX HF.

I used to drive home to Iowa once a month from there, and I always got over 60mpg, my best being 64mpg's.

Owned her for 13 years, best car I ever had. Had to get rid of her when I got divorced, with two kids it made it kind of difficult on my weekends with them!!

BUT I'M BACK!! YA BABY!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
No, but my parents had one. I remember going with them to the dealership when they went to pick it up. I must have been about 6 years old. When I was 16 & got my license, they still had it, and even though it wasn't my car, I drove it periodically (like when my car was in the shop). My dad sold it with 305k+ miles. :) Yesterday he told me he was seriously thinking of buying a CR-Z (he was recently in an accident & his former car was totalled). He called my husband and me to ask about how much we liked it, and by the end of the conversation told me there was about an 80% chance that was what he was going to go with, so we'll have to see what he decides!

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have a 90 CRX DX. It has been in at the shop for almost three weeks trying to get fixed!:angry::wallbash::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:
:eek:hmy: :thumbdown: Sorry about your frustration...

I could not afford the car back then even though I really wanted it. A poor college student who could not afford one decent meal per day could only dream. Hence, picked this baby up a couple of days after it debut. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.