Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded my CRZ EX CVT non-Navi tonight for a leftover new 2010 Honda Fit Sport.

Got a good trade amt (19,200) IMO for the CRZ plus a good discount and 0.9% on the Fit being a 2010.

It's been about 2 hours since trade but I'm not missing the CRZ at all. While a nice car, there were definitely things I just didn't like. The financial part of this whole situation just sweetened the deal.

And whoever said a Fit automatic is faster than a CRZ in Sport mode is smoking crack. :ionono:

The CRZ is definitely a higher quality vehicle. Better materials, faster, HIDs, Bluetooth, automatic climate control, etc. Both of these cars are great but they are very different.:hi5:

·
Registered
298 Posts
I can understand it. I cross-shopped the two, and eventually came to the decision that if I was going to buy an automatic, I'd get the fit sport, but if I decided on a manual, it'd be the CR-Z. The Fit is a fine car, and there's definitely something just more...accessible about it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Wow..... I like the Fit for what it is. At this point I could not be happier with my CR-Z. If I were to get a practical car for my wife we might get the auto Fit. I was ready for a slightly impractical 2 door that still carries lots of stuff, and more importantly is low and fun to drive. I had a corolla wagon for 17 years. The Fit is perhaps the modern day equivalent.

K

(Turns out my corolla was 300 lbs lighter than the CR-Z and 300cc larger engine, with a 5 speed it was not to shabby)

·
Registered
693 Posts
I just traded my CRZ EX CVT non-Navi tonight for a leftover new 2010 Honda Fit Sport.

And whoever said a Fit automatic is faster than a CRZ in Sport mode is smoking crack. :ionono:

The CRZ is definitely a higher quality vehicle. Better materials, faster, HIDs, Bluetooth, automatic climate control, etc. Both of these cars are great but they are very different.:hi5:
I own both a 5MT Fit and a 6MT CRZ. The Fit is faster is every gear at every speed. But I cannot comment on an automatic Fit or a CVT CRZ. (I would never own either of these cars in auto transmission form)

I love both cars, the Fit is more useful and efficient and the CRZ is much sexier.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Pride of ownership is the key factor in my trade of my '07 Fit Sport to my current CR-Z. The Fit looks like every other generic hatchback on the market while this slick little 2-seater is totally distinctive. Honda has outdone itself in the styling department and sliding into the CR-Z's low-slung, ergonomic interior gives me a thrill that the Fit could never instil.:cry:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Went car shopping with a friend yesterday, he's interested in the Fit. Gotta say, I think I might regret my purchase. My Mini was about to break down so I nursed it into the Honda dealership looking for a stick fit. The only stick they had on the lot was what is now my CR-Z. Got a great deal on the trade in, but ultimately I'd have been about 10,000 times better off with the Fit. Way lower interest rate, lower insurance... I have a dog and more than one friend and do a lot of outdoor sports, all of which the Fit is a lot more suited for. Trading it in within the year most likely. I'll miss a lot about the CR-Z, but I just think I should have gotten a Fit instead.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This was the best decision for me. Everybody's situation is different and unique. I'm not going to type out all the different factors that went into this decision but it can be summarized to: cheaper and more space.

These cars are clearly apples vs. oranges. IMO, the CRZ is better in EVERY way except for......cheaper and more space. (Oh, visibility too) Exactly the two things I was looking for. I put so much money down when I bought the CRZ that with the trade at $19,200 I had positive equity of $1200. Add that with the mark downs on the Fit and I ended up cutting about ~$2700 of debt off the entire amt. financed. My financial situation right now is requiring me to cut debt where I can and cutting basically 3K, still keeping a new Honda, and gaining more space........was win-win for me.

I don't know about the manual cars but a 5spd auto Fit vs. CVT CRZ is not even close. In Sport mode the difference is really noticeable. :eek:hmy:.

I understand the CRZ is way more exclusive, more luxurious, more features, faster, etc. But strangely I'm not bothered by this. :dunno: I already hauled my parents around around this morning and felt good to be able to do that again.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I already hauled my parents around around this morning and felt good to be able to do that again.
I was sick of being the guy who ALWAYS did other people favors w/ no return.. As in picking people up, or hauling things for people, or being the designated driver, picking parents up from airport, etc..
And I take care of myself, so I have no reason to ask people for such favors in return.

So the INability to drive others around was a huge plus for me w/ the cr-z :D.

Like you said, everyone has their own specific reasons for what they drive.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I'm now driving the 'old' RSX (2006) and my wife has the CR-Z. If the Fit were to get A) a 6-MT, B) HIDs I might be tempted to replace the Acura with one. That said, it looks like you've made the right choice for your situation. Congrats!

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'm now driving the 'old' RSX (2006) and my wife has the CR-Z. If the Fit were to get A) a 6-MT, B) HIDs I might be tempted to replace the Acura with one. That said, it looks like you've made the right choice for your situation. Congrats!
I agree that the Fit would be well served by a sixth gear. But here in Maui we don't have any interstates to cruise on, so the extra overdrive gear is not missed too much by me. But I will note that the gear ratios chosen for the Fit from 1-5 are the reason it is faster than the CRZ. They are lower ratios that just make more of the available power than those chosen for the 6MT CRZ which have been chosen more for economy than performance.

I do get a kick out of those enamored with the CRZ's sport mode being "fast". It is no faster than the normal mode except that at 1/4 throttle you are applying the same amount of input as at 3/4 throtle in normal mode. Once you adjust your throttle application there is no difference in reality, but the initial feeling is there. This is actually brilliant marketing.

When floored both modes are exactly the same power and speed. The difference is accentuated on the CVT CRZ because the transmission chooses lower gear ratios in sport vs normal at the same throttle input.

Oh yeah on the issue of HIDs, last night while driving home in the dark in the CRZ, my wife commented how much she HATED the (HID) headlights of the CRZ. We both note that while the HID high beams are billiant, the low beam's short range and sharp cut off make them actually less effective than the dimmer but longer range and soft cut off lights on the Fit.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
^ i dont think your correct on this one. Sport mode makes full IMA assist earlier than normal mode does. There was a chart on this forum that showed the IMA assist difference between the three modes. Sport should be faster if not only by a little.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I feel like an idiot - I thought CRZ_For_Me's avatar was real. It's Avril Lavigne! :(

·
Registered
149 Posts
I was sick of being the guy who ALWAYS did other people favors w/ no return.. As in picking people up, or hauling things for people, or being the designated driver, picking parents up from airport, etc..
And I take care of myself, so I have no reason to ask people for such favors in return.

So the INability to drive others around was a huge plus for me w/ the cr-z :D.

Like you said, everyone has their own specific reasons for what they drive.
That's secretly one of my more selfish reasons for wanting a CRZ.

Guess who's not going to get asked to drive everyone at work to lunch? :pP:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.