1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
97 Posts
Weather visors come as part of the Mugen body kit, so SOMEBODY is making them. I've got them on mine.

·
Registered
822 Posts
...or you can always purchase the Team Heko visors for the time being. There have been several posts regarding if Weathertech will produce visors for the Z in the past. I've always had Weathertech visors on all of my Hondas and was never disappointed with them. Since they have yet to indicate if they are going to make them for our cars, I decided to get the Heko ones and replace them once Weathertech figures out if they are going to make them or not.

Bad quality picture, but you get the idea:

·
Registered
97 Posts
window visors are not part of the mugen kit. your dealer probably added them on.
Well, either way it seems my point is valid: other companies are making them. They seem very similar in quality to the Weathertechs I put on my dad's Hyundai, so they're at least not some chinsey off-brand ones. There's a chance the previous owner added them, as well. I'll take a look on lunch and see if there is any branding on them, though I think I would have noticed as I usually like to take that stuff off.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had bought Henko for my Z and they were ok for awhile... but.... the tape started to separate, and my window would do an auto down thing when i was putting it up... they were more of a pain in the ass then anything. I would not recommend the in channel type. But maybe its just me... I will go for the tape on type next time..

·
Registered
347 Posts
I had bought Henko for my Z and they were ok for awhile... but.... the tape started to separate, and my window would do an auto down thing when i was putting it up... they were more of a pain in the ass then anything. I would not recommend the in channel type. But maybe its just me... I will go for the tape on type next time..
The team heko visors are fine. Its well documented that the tape that is on them isnt enough. Many people have used some 3m tape and had no issues.

I have the visors and bought some 3m tape from an auto parts store. It was too thick, the auto close didnt work anymore. That was my fault for getting tape that was too thick. A few months later and the tape has flattened out enough for the auto close to work again.... All u had to do was add some better tape, and for the price of the jdm ones, u can buy 3 of the team heko, lol...A little tape is a good investment

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.