Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While in my garage working on another project I manged so over spray a few drops of CRC silicone lubricant onto my Z, didn't think it was a big deal and wiped it off couple seconds after. While it came off the paint fine with nothing left behind it left these horrible stains on the lens. Any ideas on how to get this off cause it's really on there. I tried just windex and microfiber towel at first, that did nothing. So tried the tooth paste method since it's a little abrasive and really focused on the stains for a couple mintues and while it did help clear up the rest of the lens a bit I see almost zero change in the stains themselves. Hoping I don't have to pull the light out and sand and clear it or even worse a whole new light. Any ideas?
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'll try sanding and polishing it out best I can later this week. Hopefully it makes it better at least, cause if I recall correctly I think our front bumpers have to come off for a headlight swap.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
668 Posts
Yes, the bumper does need to come off and it's a PITA.

I'm sure it is superficial damage that will come off with some polishing. Looks like your headlight could use some restoration anyways

1 - 7 of 7 Posts