Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
In florida you have the florida lemon law. A minor bolt on like intake or cat back exhaust will not void a cars warrenty just for having it on. Unless there was a problem that was caused by the intake and this was proven, then probably. However, as far as I understand it it will void that section of the car. Once again, this is in florida. We have pretty lenient car laws here. Every state is different. A delearship will say " oh this vehicle is highly modified, the warrenty is voided' Wrong! My previous car was modified with the usual, intake ,exhaust, a header, etc. My o2 sensor on the cat converter went out, and it was still covered under warrenty and they replaced it. Even though I had all those parts on. So it all depends. Its good to look up your states warrenty/lemon laws. Some states are more strict than others.

But I'm pretty sure in most states an intake is okay and will not void any part of your warrenty.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
an intake cannot affect warranty on a whole car. the intake would have to be the cause of the failure.

ex if your window actuator breaks they cant say that your intake voided the warranty. If you hydrolock your motor then Honda will deny a warranty claim

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
^I was about to say that. You've got a warrenty, take advantage of it if you do have an issue. They really can't prove you had an aftermarket part on there otherwise.
I work at a honda dealer and the techs absolutely can tell if the car had something done or changed. Most times, its because the paint strips are not lined up. Most of the nuts and bolts have paint strips on them, usually either pink, yellow, or blue. They are tamper marks. So if somebody hydrolocks their motor and then puts the stock intake back in, any good tech will notice....just saying...

·
Registered
239 Posts
But they can't use that as evidence. The problem with the Moss and Magnuson Act is America's legislative system. A dealer/manufacturer can and will deny warranty claims if they think they can get away with it. You can't just call up the police and complain to get it fixed, you have to sue them. Which requires time and money (if you want to win), which may or may not be granted back for a win.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
But they can't use that as evidence. The problem with the Moss and Magnuson Act is America's legislative system. A dealer/manufacturer can and will deny warranty claims if they think they can get away with it. You can't just call up the police and complain to get it fixed, you have to sue them. Which requires time and money (if you want to win), which may or may not be granted back for a win.
absolutely true....:p

im just saying that putting a car back to stock is not as easily overlooked as some people may think...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.