Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like the title says... i got a text from my buddy at P2R (PowerRevRacing) earlier and he asked if i knew anyone in South Florida that would be willing to let him use their CR-Z for creating an intake... i do not know the specifics as of yet ie: intake type (SRI/CAI), how long he will need the car, and most importantly, what's in it for the person who donates the car for development... stuff like that... he's gonna get me the details to post either today or tomorrow... btw, it WILL be dyno tested with his in house dyno...

he's not a vendor on this site b/c some vendors on here already sell his products and doesn't see the need to compete with them on the same site...

if you've gotten this far in the message and would like to be a part of this, PM me your numbers and i'll FWD them to him for him to contact you... my best guess is preferably a 6MT CR-Z he'll be looking for... also would be best if you live in the Miramar area if not, at least the Ft Lauderdale/Miami area...

i'll update as soon as i know more!!

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:dancing:
<<<----
i got your PM... and instead of responding to PMs individually, i'll just say it here... i do not have full info yet... i'm still waiting to contact him... the most i can do right now is fwd him your info and wait for him to get me more details...

also, i'm not 100% sure... but he showed me a very nice exhaust that he's working on too... it's possible he'll make one for the CR-Z if the interest is there for that too!! but that can be discussed later on b/c we're talking about an intake here :wiggle:

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bizzy P2R has a clutch line right? are those worth the 40$bucks?
got this off his site...
P2R Power Rev Racing Stainless Steel clutch hose is made from Teflon lined stainless steel braided hose with a black protective covering. P2R clutch hose replaces the factory rubber section and will give you a better, more firm feel on the pedal, as well as better clutch performance.
if you're going to be upgrading parts like the clutch and adding way more power, then all of the little things add up... so yes, i think it's worth it... check with some of the vendors on here... i know Corsport sells P2R stuff for sure... i'm not sure off the top of my head who else does b/c frankly i haven't even looked at who's a vendor here :hiding:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'll be waiting for updates. I'm in the Ft. Lauderdale area and looking to modify my 6-MT CR-Z. I currently have a set of T1R springs in my garage with spacers on the way, and am looking into having a custom exhaust fabricated. Even when I had my s2000, I could never justify spending big bucks on a JDM intake, like what is available for the CR-Z now - this looks promising.

·
Registered
332 Posts
For an instant I thought you were sending a direct appeal to me, where I live in West Palm Beach and have a 6MT. Sorry, but I'm not one to experiment on my daily driver, and I'll only let my mechanic for over 10 years (Honda certified master technician) change my timing belt, water pump, brakes and tires. Everthing else, I do myself including valve adjustments every 15,000 miles. The effects of an aftermarket intake will be interesting, because the OEM box has a top intake pipe a few inches behind a small opening in the top left side of the front cowl slats, and the wheel wells and undertray pretty much seals the engine compartment. The present box seems to perform a heat-shielding purpose, who knows. In contrast, my old 2003 Rsx-Type S' front wheel wells were open, where looking into my left wheel well I could easily see my Injen short-intake system, and thru the engine compartment and to daylight (huge scenery) thru the right wheel well, and there was no need to remove underbody trim for oil / filter changes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.