Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone so last week I bought a Crz 13 plate 49k miles one owner full honda service history. Living close to London means if it isn’t efficient then you will be charged driving into London which I do regularly for my job, I’ve always wanted a Crz think they look cool and always had a passion for hondas owning a ek9 and dc2 in the past but a short ownership of a Suzuki swift sport made me realize how much I missed a honda so last week I finally decided to take the plunge and get a Crz which I had wanted for awhile, due to getting married and buying a house it was put on the back burner for awhile but now I finally got one and couldn’t be happier, plans for the car!!!!
due to wanting one for awhile I have purchased a few parts mainly from the spoon catalog such as spoon fixed dampers and progressive springs spoon n1 spoon vortex generator and all the stickers I’m planning on building a full spoon car for the road that I will use daily

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Nice car!! And those seats look mint. If I were you, i'd get a set of clazzio covers or something to protect them. These seats get beat easy. I have had 2 crz's.. and the one with clazzio, the seats still look new after 5+ years. The other car (which is my current), the person never had any and the seats are beat. Thats why I just swapped them out.

Hope you enjoy the new ride. They are great cars!

How much the spoon suspension run you? I have the HPD and love it! I always do suspension first.

I'll send you a pm with the fsm.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Club!
Not that many of us in UK
I'm only about 270 miles away :) might meet up sometime.
I've had mine 10 months or so, still finding out about her :)
Great site this, you can search for most info. ATB.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi and welcome to the Club!
Not that many of us in UK
I'm only about 270 miles away :) might meet up sometime.
I've had mine 10 months or so, still finding out about her :)
Great site this, you can search for most info. ATB.
Sounds good planning to fit a majority of my parts soon so will be good to speak to another Crz owner

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey everyone despite this rubbish weather in the uk I have a lot of parts to fit but I managed to get one thing done

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Parts to fit
Spoon rocker cover yellow
Spoon intake manifold yellow
Spoon fixed dampers and progressive springs
Spoon front anti roll bar
Spoon stickers pretty much everything needed
Spoon rear view mirror
I’ve got a throttle body on order
But expect a lot to happen in the next month

·
Registered
159 Posts
Another mad Brit with too much cash :)
That sounds as if it going to be quite a car!
Pity your not near. I would love to see it when all sorted. Good luck.

Reactions: qwertylesh and litz

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looking forward to seeing see pics once done. Also keen to hear your feed back on the Spoon front sway bar on UK roads once you've got it fitted. I'm thinking this may be my next mod to help sharped then front end up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another very small update waiting for weather to get better for the bigger stuff to be fitted but today I got the spoon rear view mirror fitted so far I like it increases visibility out the rear and looks nice

ignore the smudges will clean up tomorrow aswell as the whole car it’s filthy

·
Registered
2012 NSBP EX CVT
124 Posts
Pretty car, I just got mine as well, last week. Next week getting windows tinted. I loved the Honda CRX, so once they made the CRZ I have wanted one. I kept looking for just the right car... not too many miles, well maintained, clean carfax, one owner and not too far away. I was willing to travel 500 miles to get my little matchbox car but only had to go 287 miles. It will take me a little while to fix the small things it needs to look like a new car and I won't mess with too much in the winter. I did replace the weather tech floor mats with
3D Maxpider Classic Carpet Floor Mats
Front Row Floor Mat
2012 Honda CR-Z
(All CR-Z models)
Part #: L1HD03512202
Got them for $50.83 tax included free FedEx ground shipping. I couldn't get comfortable after dealer armor all'd the weather tech ones as they were too slippery. The new mats fit perfect and do not move at all. Way better for long driving and shot trips where you get in and out bunches.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey everyone it’s been awhile with rubbish weather and Coronavirus I haven’t had much time for the Crz but seems like I might be on a two week rotation at work to minimize risk to exposure so if this happens I got time to work on the car ?
Only updates I’ve had 4 new Bridgestone potenzas fitted and mot passed no advisory’s
Started spraying the spoon vortex generator in a makeshift spray tent in the shed
Checking in the day light looks like a good three coats of primer
Next thing to fit if I’m off work will be

starting to make some progress and excited to see how these are more updates to follow soon ? keep safe everyone

·
Premium Member
5,960 Posts
Nice! I've got the Spoon/Showa suspension ready to install too. Just waiting to make sure Winter's over before I put them on. Hope your paint job turned out as professional as possible--I also painted some parts over the weekend too (engine bay stuff....)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice! I've got the Spoon/Showa suspension ready to install too. Just waiting to make sure Winter's over before I put them on. Hope your paint job turned out as professional as possible--I also painted some parts over the weekend too (engine bay stuff....)
Thank you hoping to wet sand it tomorrow and get a satin black on it I’ve heard some really good things about the spoon set up feel like I’m getting to old for coil overs and stiff AF rides this is a simple solution that works

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

fitted today only cleaned the car where it was going, initial impressions surprised wasn’t expecting to feel any difference but over 40mph you can feel extra stability I originally just liked the look of it

1 - 20 of 28 Posts